• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting

Law abider

Here is an incident that occurred in Dallas. Pardon me if I am duplicating a similar post.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...eting-tell-us-if-you-think-they-went-too-far/

I sent a letter to the founder Shannon Watts. I hope it was accurate enough. Do correct me if there are errors. Thanks.

I am a law abiding American and I don’t want guns in everybody’s hand. By that I mean the criminals who come in myriads of forms. These people have lost their second amendment rights to keep and bear arms, unless the legal system restores them.
I would suggest that you pressure the legal system enforce current laws at the federal and state level. I was born in another country and have been a citizen for a couple of decades. I have observed that guns are the most over regulated tool/item in America. The best way to implement your worldview, which I believe is to make America a gun free country is to amend the US constitution, but then you would also be faced to amend the constitutions of each state because each state is a sovereign country in voluntary compact to form a more perfect union. You would be interested to know that the governors of each state were also called the president. I understand that you believe that the constitution is outdated and living, subject to change at the whim of the president and the congress, but that is not true. We the people have to amend it.
I would suggest that you eradicate the paranoia you and the system have created and learn to respect the gun and learn to use it like any other tool such as a chain saw etc… You realize that murders can be committed by other tools, don’t you?
The crowd outside the Blue Mesa Grill is the militia as framed in the second amendment. They are there to protect you.

I hope you will take up my challenge instead of getting angry and using vitriolic words to destroy me. You see we constitutionalists in the majority don’t do that like your side does daily on their TV shows.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have lived in other countries too.

I can assure folks that in every country I lived in and visited, the people wish that they had the gun rights they and we used to have .. how their gov't is now big big brother all in the name of safety or some other presumably noble cause. But its actually oppression.

I don't care if people meet moms with their guns myself. Its not the route I would take but they are free to do what they wish.

I have little tolerance for people who want to take my guns away...moms against guns are enemies of our way of life.

Law abider

I have lived in other countries too.

I can assure folks that in every country I lived in and visited, the people wish that they had the gun rights they and we used to have .. how their gov't is now big big brother all in the name of safety or some other presumably noble cause. But its actually oppression.

I don't care if people meet moms with their guns myself. Its not the route I would take but they are free to do what they wish.

I have little tolerance for people who want to take my guns away...moms against guns are enemies of our way of life.

Yep I agree