Thread: NM CCW requirement Update

Post NM CCW requirement Update

Last edited by RogueAussie; 11-11-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added links
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by flyer
    This new process will not result in an increased fee for applicants.
    Indeed, shouldn't it lower the fees?
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    If your first time its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 56 bucks goes to DPS to total 100.
    If your renewing its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 31 bucks goes to DPS to total 75.

Cogent finally added the DPS ORI code on the dropdown menu list. Its in the middle of the list so you need to scroll down to see it. Do not use the law enforcement code unless your LE.
    Also you need to print out your receipt because it has the registration number on it and cogent wont print you without it. In all the thing I know is you don't need ink on your fingers and I have heard the new license is getting to us faster. In some cases as fast as two weeks. Plus there's more locations around town.

update update I also found out you need a receipt from cogent that you were printed. The person doing my prints also printed me a receipt, that receipt also needs to go with your paperwork to DPS. The receipt has a code to tell DPS where to find your prints in the system.
    Last edited by awnuts; 02-20-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That's what Obama said in his obamacare speeches ... healthcare for all at rock bottom prices !!

Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    If your first time its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 66 bucks goes to DPS to total 100.
    If your renewing its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 31 bucks goes to DPS to total 75.

Cogent finally added the DPS ORI code on the dropdown menu list. Its in the middle of the list so you need to scroll down to see it. Do not use the law enforcement code unless your LE.
    Also you need to print out your receipt because it has the registration number on it and cogent wont print you without it. In all the thing I know is you don't need ink on your fingers and I have heard the new license is getting to us faster. In some cases as fast as two weeks. Plus there's more locations around town.
    Interesting changes. I've used the electronic system before as they've had one in Santa Fe for quite some time. But what they would do is print the scans on the cards so it would look almost as if you had been printed with ink directly on the card. It seems now you have them send the scans in directly.

Good to hear about the improved processing times. I just saw yesterday that CC license numbers more than doubled last year from the year before. Seems like someone finally figured they need to be able to handle these numbers in a more efficient manner.

Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    Interesting changes. I've used the electronic system before as they've had one in Santa Fe for quite some time. But what they would do is print the scans on the cards so it would look almost as if you had been printed with ink directly on the card. It seems now you have them send the scans in directly.

Good to hear about the improved processing times. I just saw yesterday that CC license numbers more than doubled last year from the year before. Seems like someone finally figured they need to be able to handle these numbers in a more efficient manner.

More update: I waited exactly 10 days and got my new card. So from what I see the systems working better.

Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    More update: I waited exactly 10 days and got my new card. So from what I see the systems working better.
    10 days to get the renewal, from the time you sent the paperwork in?

If that's the case, that is GREAT to hear. My wife and I need to renew in a few months.

[QUOTE=AH.74;2041742]10 days to get the renewal, from the time you sent the paperwork in?

If that's the case, that is GREAT to hear. My wife and I need to renew in a few months.[/QUOTE

Yep took the paperwork to the DPS office and ten days later got the license. Easy Peaszy. ISS has a ccw course and renewals that are pretty cheap to qualify with.

http://www.innovativesecuritysolutions.co/default.html
    Last edited by awnuts; 03-16-2014 at 12:52 AM.