Thread: AZ COA to rule on PHX destruction of save lives" bus stop signs. Please attend! 12/3

AZ COA to rule on PHX destruction of save lives" bus stop signs. Please attend! 12/3

The Arizona Court of Appeals will rule on this brazen act by Phoenix city officials that took place two years ago. The city accepted payment for the ads, then once posted tore them down!

If this is allowed to stand - it not only puts a huge ball and chain on our 1A rights as gun owners, it REMOVES us from the debate entirely. If the anti-2A forces can spend millions on anti advertising, then how is it fair or right not to let us counter those ads?

If at all possible, please attend the court deliberations on Tuesday December 3, 2013 / 9:30am @ the Arizona Court of Appeals. Court room #2. 1501 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ

See this page by Mr. Alan Kowin who brought the civil case against the city of Phoenix for violating his rights & the rights of all freedom loving citizens of the great state of AZ. It gives the details and useful links.

http://pagenine.typepad.com/page_nin...hip-case-.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-12-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    SNIP...@ the Arizona Court of Appeals. Court room #2. 1501 W. Washington, Phoenix
    I can probably skip class that day, but I'd need a ride up to Phoenix. Hitchhiking all the way from Tucson just doesn't seem like the best (and most timely) choice...

So, is anyone from Tucson planning on going up? If so, would you entertain gas $ and the company of a 20 year old for the two hour trip over and the two hour trip back? (I've been told I can make good conversation)
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Hey Rusty -

If you can find a ride - tell them lunch is on me at the hero factory! The gals there make great subs I'm told & wear guns too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYmnS_E6LM
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Hey Rusty -

If you can find a ride - tell them lunch is on me at the hero factory! The gals there make great subs I'm told & wear guns too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYmnS_E6LM
    FreeInAZ, you just sent me the link to a video I already have as one of my Favorites.
    I saw that a while back (~2 years now, I believe) and just fell in love with the down-to-Earth common sense of the girl (and the girl). I even bring up that video every once in a while to show people that girls CAN carry without looking any less feminine. Now I come to find that I've been livin' in the same state as her within easy commuting distance (when I'm up in Phx). Now I just HAVE to find a way to go.

Anyone want to go to Phoenix on Tuesday 3rd of December to meet a hot pistol-packing, OCing sandwich lady over some good sandwiches? FreeInAZ is buying!
    And there's also an equally important case regarding the 1st Amendment, discrimination against gun-owners, and violation of Rights by the City of Phoenix at the Arizona Court of Appeals.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Hope to see lots of folks there.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 12-02-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Cool After action report -

WELL - it was a packed courtroom! Now we just have to wait and see what the court of appeals will decide. If they rule in favor of Phoenix, I see this case going to the supreme court of Arizona and possibly the US supreme court.

I got to meet Mr. Korwin and thank him for protecting our rights.

Article on this story with a photo of the "offensive ad".

http://www.digtriad.com/news/nationa...Back-In-Court-

Video of Alan going toe to toe with "Libtard" & disgraced politician, Eliot Spitzer.

Also got to meet Kate Krueger from the Talking Guns Radio show. Great lady! Check out her show online. You'll be hard pressed to find a more PRO 2A host on the air today.
    http://katekruegertalkingguns.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KAK-1911-After-Fired.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	11005
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 12-03-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: links

UPDATE - the AZ COA has ruled that the city of Phoenix did violate Mr. Korwins' free speech rights and reversed the lower courts ruling. This means that the "Guns save lives" sign can be used at bus stops and other city controlled ad spaces.

From footnote 9 of the courts ruling - 9 "As we find Appellant’s First Amendment rights were violated, and reverse on that ground, we need not reach Appellant’s due process or equal protection arguments. "