• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

rolling through

devildogdiesel0311

ive been doing a little research via the WWW on the oc laws. I know i cant carry concealed since i dont have reciprocity. However i will be staying in castle rock with my inlaws :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: and traveling back to my old house in berthoud where i used to work and live. I know denver is off limits however what are the broken down barney rules in Colorado?

tlevier

I shouldn't be responding as a newb, but in case this is the only response you get....

1) concealed car carry is legal everywhere. So is open car carry except Denver.

2) open carry anywhere except Denver. Respect signs on private property

3) 15 round mag limit. If you have bigger, be sure to say that you owned it prior to July 1st and you'll be grandfathered, unless your mag is date-stamped as being manufactured after 7/1/13.

4) be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beau

Denver is the only city/county that has a legal enforceable ban against open carry. Everyplace else is okay.

The above poster mentioned open car carry is also illegal in Denver. That is the first I've heard that. Colorado considers your vehicle to be an extension of your home and it is my understanding that when Denver challenged the state on car carry they lost the ability to restrict car carry in any form.

Not being in possession of a CCW, CCP, CHP, LTCH etc. that is recognized by the state of CO means you are not exempt from the federal law that restricts a person from carrying a firearm within 1000' of a school. So if you're carrying openly on foot pay attention to what is around you.