• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police threaten to shoot OCer in the head

Augustin

The following is from CopBlock.org’s submit page:

"On Sunday the third, we were forty minutes into our hour-long walk when we got stopped. The other guy stayed back to film since he was not open carrying. He had us move together and asked what was in our hands. We informed him we had recording devices. We were asked our weapon locations, so we told him. The other guy was conceal carrying two pistols. I was open carrying a Ruger p95 and a Mossberg 500 persuader with an adjustable stock. We were informed that if we moved we would be shot in the head. We had two cops with AR15s behind cover at the low ready and one cop with a pistol. We were detained. The cop could not articulate reasonable suspicion that a crime was or was going to be committed. He approached me and was going to search me, but I refused consent for search. I offered my name and DOB. I refused to give further information after that. They then huddled and discussed what else they could do. They were fishing for anything they could. We then got lectured and the other officer checked my CC permit since we were in a school zone. We were legal to be there."

For full article and VIDEO see:

http://www.copblock.org/39734/police-officer-will-shoot-you-in-the-head-open-carry-stop/

protias

certain says:
November 11, 2013 at 10:17 am
And I agree with some of what is said. If I was picking my kids (actually grand-kids now) up at school, and on the street leading to the school saw a person walking with a long gun towards the school, there’s a good chance I’d just run them over. So it comes down to your right to open carry versus my right to protect my family against any threats I perceive.

So someone makes death threats and can get away with it by people like this (plus threatened to being shot in the head by cops), just for minding his own business and being on a walk (school zone but doesn't say where, that could 990' away for crying out loud!).

MKEgal

"If I was picking my kids (actually grand-kids now) up at school"
Except that
a) it was Sunday
b) they weren't near a school

They were across the street from offices used for school administration.
The officer didn't even know if they actually were in a school zone. If you listen to the audio, he calls dispatch to ask if there's a school nearby.
If a school were actually across the street, yes, he could have demanded to see their carry & driver's licenses.
But since he didn't know they were in a school zone (they weren't), once again there's no RAS of a crime.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"If I was picking my kids (actually grand-kids now) up at school"

What, you married your mother-in-law? (Don't want to think you married your own mother). And don't want to consider gay marriages either.

One way to change from designation of kids to grandkids ....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Don't forget the 5th Amendment angle. The cop made a threat that would deprive a person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.