Thread: TEDx video, "Soldier, Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society…” Judge.

TEDx video, "Soldier, Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society…” Judge.

http://www.upworthy.com/judge-to-ira...society?c=ufb1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6AYmzunPlQ
    Published on Oct 31, 2013

Speaking from prison, Iraqi war veteran Andrew "Sarge" Chambers tells the story of how he got there. As the judge told him when he sentenced Chambers to 10 years at Marion Correctional: "Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society." Chambers reminds us of the sacrifices that linger with soldiers -- and simply asks us to listen.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Judge, your statist attitudes make a threat to society.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Hey, judges say stupid things .... I've heard worse....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hey, judges say stupid things .... I've heard worse....
    Like, "I will not allow the law in my court room."
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

can someone please summarize what the heck is going on here before I watch a bunch of videos?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Like, "I will not allow the law in my court room."
    I had a federal case that hinged on an employment issue. The issue involved which state's law controlled the case ... the state where the employee worked or the state where the injury occurred.

The judge noted that it was in the state where the employee worked and then, in the same memo, rambled on concerning the law where the injury occurred and based his ruling on the wrong state.

An old man judge in federal court who was just trying to protect the employee.