• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buyer beware (Spokane)

Mavasaur

I went to Double Eagle Pawn the other day as I was in the market for a G26. The rep said he had a "Brand New" Glock 26 Gen 3, so I was taking a look at it and asked to break it down, the rep said no. I was simply trying to see if it was brand new, so I locked the frame back and saw wear on the slide, there was also a complete lack of the Glock factory bronze grease that they are shipped with. I strongly recommend anyone wanting to buy new be very careful of these scams. I will be avoiding Double Eagle due to this incident and blatant lying.

Just thought I'd share this here so you all can be informed.

darkside

Yes please tell us which Double Eagle you were at since there are 3 of them. Also, did you tell the "rep" or actually salesman that the Glock was actually used and not new or did you just walk away. Considering how ,on the occasional trips that i have taken to the store, the display case has been filled with a lot of glocks. Unless one were to know each weapon in detail, I would first give the salesman the benefit of being wrong and not lying.

Before any one starts accusing me of working there, I dont. I am just a occasional customer who has had nothing but good experiences when shopping at Double Eagle.

bennie1986

I have had a similar issue there. I later called and complained to the manager and they apologized for the employees actions and explained the guy working that day does not normally work in guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkside

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But as i asked in my previous which Double Eagle were you shopping at. There are three of them,one on Sprague,one on Francis and one out in Deer Park. It would be helpful to know what store this and any other events happened at. It could show lack of training company wide or it could show a pattern of trying to take an advantage of an underinformed gun buyer.

Either way it would be nice to know.

LarryM

Mostly good experience(s) with them at the Francis location. Well stocked with ammo most times and a good selection of new and used firearms. But their unreasonable paranoia of legal concealed carry in their store will probably be a deal breaker in the future.