Thread: Hopkins Gun shop

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Hopkins Gun shop

I hunted our smaller place on the Henrico line for a few hours today and am heading back to the farm later tonight.

I wanted to do some loading and a few other things here.

Since I was working up some Max Max loads, I weighed each one. I have 5 scales. 4 Balance beam and a digital set which I hate. All 4 scales had a damping issues and were acting squirrley. They are 40 years or so old....so I had to use the digital and I don't trust them.

I decided it was time for a new set. The RCBS 10-10 seems to still be king of the heap so I looked at them on Amazon but didn't order them.

I went by Hopkins in Mechanicsville to get my daily ration of 100 22's and noticed they had the 10-10....$35.00 less than Amazon and $40.00 less than Greentops.

I bought them and the fellow told me he just ordered 190 pounds of assorted powder including RL19 and Varget. Both I need and can't find.

He also told me they had decided to always be less expensive than everyone else.

These fellows have a future if they don't go broke.

The owner BTW is one of the original Greentops Hopkins.
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-14-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    They seem to be trying to work through there we-just-opened shakes. Good people - truly wish them well.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    They seem to be trying to work through there we-just-opened shakes. Good people - truly wish them well.
    The way I hear it, Greentops is doing their best to see they have plenty of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The way I hear it, Greentops is doing their best to see they have plenty of customers.
    That TSA style receipt checker will endear them to no one.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-14-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: correct verbiage
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

That TSA style receipt checker will endure them to no one.
    I did hear that there was no finger pointing involved. Some people have all the fun.

I did really like Hopkins Gun Shop and plan to spend more money there as soon as I have some to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    I did hear that there was no finger pointing involved. Some people have all the fun.

I did really like Hopkins Gun Shop and plan to spend more money there as soon as I have some to spend.
    That Bullpup is still there speed

That TSA style receipt checker will endear them to no one.
    One day at the store, it occurred to me this might be considered offensive? Glad to know someone else feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    One day at the store, it occurred to me this might be considered offensive? Glad to know someone else feels the same.
    Once the merchandise has been actually purchased, it belongs to me - it is my personal property and I do not have to prove that.

The implication is that someone objecting to "receipt checking" is that they are a thief. Then in this case they compound the problem with an aggressive attitude - actually standing in front of the customer thereby preventing them from leaving. Fortunately I have not heard of a customer actually being touched = assault and battery.

Wal-Mart stopped the practice because of potential liability, although they did not condone a physical response.

You cannot shoplift until you cross the plane of the exit. The store might be sucessful with a charge of concealing merchandise - if one were actually concealing something by holding it under their arm.

I checked with Red Wing, Myrna's Bits & Boots, and K-Mart. Nobody in town sells jack boots. Where do JBTs get them from?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You cannot shoplift until you cross the plane of the exit. The store might be sucessful with a charge of concealing merchandise - if one were actually concealing something by holding it under their arm.

I checked with Red Wing, Myrna's Bits & Boots, and K-Mart. Nobody in town sells jack boots. Where do JBTs get them from?

stay safe.
    Store to door delivery.

http://www.sovietboots.com/10-jack-boots

From the gubermant surplus store.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    The NObama Department of Homeland Security Storm Trooper Store has no shortage.

They issue them along with their M-4 "Self Defense Weapons" to protect them from legally armed citizens who are not breaking any laws.

greentop

I just won a $500 giftcard for greentop through that shriners raffle. You are spoiling my shopping anticipation. I find for many many years gun shops arent the place to go into while wishing to remain friendly and in a good mood, this goes for gyms, also. Oh and zoos too because some scream, throw poop and spit. I beed to make that first visit ti the new store if I knew where it was.
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    I just won a $500 giftcard for greentop through that shriners raffle. You are spoiling my shopping anticipation. I find for many many years gun shops arent the place to go into while wishing to remain friendly and in a good mood, this goes for gyms, also. Oh and zoos too because some scream, throw poop and spit. I beed to make that first visit ti the new store if I knew where it was.

Hopkins Gun & Tackle

8151 Mechanicsville Tpke

Mechanicsville, VA 23111

804) 241-1041

https://foursquare.com/v/hopkins-gun...d26d03cfdd665e

Once the merchandise has been actually purchased, it belongs to me - it is my personal property and I do not have to prove that.

The implication is that someone objecting to "receipt checking" is that they are a thief. Then in this case they compound the problem with an aggressive attitude - actually standing in front of the customer thereby preventing them from leaving. Fortunately I have not heard of a customer actually being touched = assault and battery.

Wal-Mart stopped the practice because of potential liability, although they did not condone a physical response.

Agreed and unlike membership store which have you sign an agreement to allow this they are powerless to legally stop you.
    IIRC, all the membership store can do is revoke your membership.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Agreed and unlike membership store which have you sign an agreement to allow this they are powerless to legally stop you.
    IIRC, all the membership store can do is revoke your membership.
    But it's an unposted policy! The policy must be adhered to.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit