• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopkins Gun shop

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hunted our smaller place on the Henrico line for a few hours today and am heading back to the farm later tonight.

I wanted to do some loading and a few other things here.

Since I was working up some Max Max loads, I weighed each one. I have 5 scales. 4 Balance beam and a digital set which I hate. All 4 scales had a damping issues and were acting squirrley. They are 40 years or so old....so I had to use the digital and I don't trust them.

I decided it was time for a new set. The RCBS 10-10 seems to still be king of the heap so I looked at them on Amazon but didn't order them.

I went by Hopkins in Mechanicsville to get my daily ration of 100 22's and noticed they had the 10-10....$35.00 less than Amazon and $40.00 less than Greentops.

I bought them and the fellow told me he just ordered 190 pounds of assorted powder including RL19 and Varget. Both I need and can't find.

He also told me they had decided to always be less expensive than everyone else.

These fellows have a future if they don't go broke.

The owner BTW is one of the original Greentops Hopkins.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They seem to be trying to work through there we-just-opened shakes. Good people - truly wish them well.

speed41ae

That TSA style receipt checker will endure them to no one. :uhoh:

I did hear that there was no finger pointing involved. Some people have all the fun.

I did really like Hopkins Gun Shop and plan to spend more money there as soon as I have some to spend.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I did hear that there was no finger pointing involved. Some people have all the fun.

I did really like Hopkins Gun Shop and plan to spend more money there as soon as I have some to spend.

That Bullpup is still there speed:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One day at the store, it occurred to me this might be considered offensive? Glad to know someone else feels the same.
Once the merchandise has been actually purchased, it belongs to me - it is my personal property and I do not have to prove that.

The implication is that someone objecting to "receipt checking" is that they are a thief. Then in this case they compound the problem with an aggressive attitude - actually standing in front of the customer thereby preventing them from leaving. Fortunately I have not heard of a customer actually being touched = assault and battery.

Wal-Mart stopped the practice because of potential liability, although they did not condone a physical response.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You cannot shoplift until you cross the plane of the exit. The store might be sucessful with a charge of concealing merchandise - if one were actually concealing something by holding it under their arm.

I checked with Red Wing, Myrna's Bits & Boots, and K-Mart. Nobody in town sells jack boots. Where do JBTs get them from?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You cannot shoplift until you cross the plane of the exit. The store might be sucessful with a charge of concealing merchandise - if one were actually concealing something by holding it under their arm.

I checked with Red Wing, Myrna's Bits & Boots, and K-Mart. Nobody in town sells jack boots. Where do JBTs get them from?

stay safe.
Store to door delivery.

http://www.sovietboots.com/10-jack-boots

va_tazdad

From the gubermant surplus store.

stay safe.

The NObama Department of Homeland Security Storm Trooper Store has no shortage.

They issue them along with their M-4 "Self Defense Weapons" to protect them from legally armed citizens who are not breaking any laws.

thedevilrobyjohn

greentop

I just won a $500 giftcard for greentop through that shriners raffle. You are spoiling my shopping anticipation. I find for many many years gun shops arent the place to go into while wishing to remain friendly and in a good mood, this goes for gyms, also. Oh and zoos too because some scream, throw poop and spit. I beed to make that first visit ti the new store if I knew where it was.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just won a $500 giftcard for greentop through that shriners raffle. You are spoiling my shopping anticipation. I find for many many years gun shops arent the place to go into while wishing to remain friendly and in a good mood, this goes for gyms, also. Oh and zoos too because some scream, throw poop and spit. I beed to make that first visit ti the new store if I knew where it was.

Hopkins Gun & Tackle

8151 Mechanicsville Tpke

Mechanicsville, VA 23111

804) 241-1041

https://foursquare.com/v/hopkins-gun--tackle/52593fcf11d26d03cfdd665e

Marco

Once the merchandise has been actually purchased, it belongs to me - it is my personal property and I do not have to prove that.

The implication is that someone objecting to "receipt checking" is that they are a thief. Then in this case they compound the problem with an aggressive attitude - actually standing in front of the customer thereby preventing them from leaving. Fortunately I have not heard of a customer actually being touched = assault and battery.

Wal-Mart stopped the practice because of potential liability, although they did not condone a physical response.

Agreed and unlike membership store which have you sign an agreement to allow this they are powerless to legally stop you.
IIRC, all the membership store can do is revoke your membership.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Agreed and unlike membership store which have you sign an agreement to allow this they are powerless to legally stop you.
IIRC, all the membership store can do is revoke your membership.

But it's an unposted policy! The policy must be adhered to.

stay safe.