• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felon shot by police in Children's Hospital Nov. 14

E6chevron

After Milwaukee Police received a tip that there was a man with a gun visiting someone at Milwaukee Children's Hospital, they shot and injured Ashanti Len Hendricks after he attempted to escape after being arrested, and showed possession of a Glock .40 S&W semi-automatic pistol.

... Continued

Last edited by a moderator:

E6chevron

Ashanti Len Hendricks has a fairly long arrest history, his Date of Birth is May 29, 1991.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

Offense Date/Charge/Severity/Finding

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Dismissed on defendants motion.

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Dismissed on defendants motion. but Read In (Plea Agreement)

3/25/2009 Possess w/Intent-Cocaine (<1-5g) / Felony E / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

3/25/2009 Bail Jumping-Felony / Felony H / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

12/05/2009 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

11/12/2011 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

11/12/2011 Possession of Controlled Substances / Misd. U / Read in (Plea Agreement)

12/03/2012 Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer, Repeater / Felony I / Read In (Plea Agreement)

12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm / Felony G / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea 9/16/2013

12/03/2012 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense), repeater / Felony I / Read In (Plea Agreement)

6/17/2013 Small Claims Court ($5,000 or less) vs. City of Milwaukee

Bench Warrant Issued 10/30/2013
(May have had to do with sentencing or probation on the 12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm charge)

More to Come, I'm sure.

10/31/2013 Bail Jumping-Felony, Repeater/ Felony H

11/14/2013 Felon Possess Firearm, Repeater / Felony G

11/14/2013 Resisting or Obstructing an Officer, Repeater / Misdemeanor A

11/14/2013 Bail Jumping-Felony, Repeater / Felony H

11/14/2013 Child Abuse-Recklessly Cause Harm, Habitual Criminality / Felony I
(The baby he was holding, when first approached by the Milwaukee police officers on the 7th floor of Children's hospital, was either dropped or thrown by this criminal during his attempt to flee. The baby sustained a skull fracture.

Last edited:

Yetiman

And how many people will be screaming "We need more gun laws"... vs screaming 'why in the heck is this guy out walking around ??'

How is this guy not in prison ???? Hmmm, the root of the problem is... lets see... yea, we need more laws (and more GFZ's too, right?).

OK, rant mode off

Firearms Iinstuctor

The record doesn't show his juvenile record I sure he has been well known to the police long before 2009.

A long time career criminal the crime rate in his area will fall now as he is no longer with us.

Teej

Thanks. Is there another .40 cal round out there other than S&W? And, does Glock have a pistol chambered in that round, if one exists.

You can find almost anything if you look for it. There is no other .40 round that is common other than .40 S&W.

.40S&W is a shortened case 10mm round. S&W developed the .40 for the FBI who found the 10mm too much.

I believe Glock's .40 pistol was released before S&Ws. Older Glock .40 pistols have " .40SW" stamped on the chamber. I think they just say .40 now.

E6chevron

The current information says Hendricks was shot in the arm and the hand, today he had surgery to repair damage and try to keep him from losing his hand.

Apparently the whole incident from initial police contact, until he was shot and put in custody, only lasted a few minutes at most, but two connected hospitals were under lockdown for over two hours.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The current information says Hendricks was shot in the arm and the hand, today he had surgery to repair damage and try to keep him from losing his hand.

Apparently the whole incident from initial police contact, until he was shot and put in custody, only lasted a few minutes at most, but two connected hospitals were under lockdown for over two hours.

And we went to defcon 2 ....

chowda

Pretty much every day I am glad I don't live in milwaukee, chicago, detroit, nawlins, etc. I often why people other than criminals and welfare sponges live in such places.

E6chevron

I live here in Milwaukee, because I have friends, family and customers in the area, and when the bad guys drive the good guys out of town, they will have won.

My Springfield has 40SW stamped on the barrel.

OC for ME

.40 Super by Triton (defunct), .400 Corbon

.40 S&W was called the Freedom .40 for a while, to avoid having to give credit to the UN-creditable.

You can find almost anything if you look for it. There is no other .40 round that is common other than .40 S&W.

.40S&W is a shortened case 10mm round. S&W developed the .40 for the FBI who found the 10mm too much.

I believe Glock's .40 pistol was released before S&Ws. Older Glock .40 pistols have " .40SW" stamped on the chamber. I think they just say .40 now.
Thanks fellas, lernt something new. This place, OCDO, is great.

E6chevron

In my post #2, I added the new charges which include charges from the incident at Children's Hospital.

Although it was not made public for a few days, apparently the baby he was holding when the Milwaukee Police approached him, was later dropped or thrown and sustained a skull fracture.

MKEgal

protias said:
How did he get inside a GFZ?!
Maybe the signs weren't big enough or easy to see?
WI should require large obnoxious signs like TX, and standard sign design & placement like KS.

So as an "adult" he's been found guilty of 5 felonies and 1 misdemeanor,
had 3 felonies & 1 misdemeanor read in,
and now has another 4 felonies & 1 misdemeanor pending.
And he's what? 22?
I'm going to be judgmental here and say that this person is not open to rehabilitation and should be kept away from polite society and good citizens for many many years.

protias

Maybe the signs weren't big enough or easy to see?
WI should require large obnoxious signs like TX, and standard sign design & placement like KS.

So as an "adult" he's been found guilty of 5 felonies and 1 misdemeanor,
had 3 felonies & 1 misdemeanor read in,
and now has another 4 felonies & 1 misdemeanor pending.
And he's what? 22?
I'm going to be judgmental here and say that this person is not open to rehabilitation and should be kept away from polite society and good citizens for many many years.

Maybe if he had 1 more felony on his record, he wouldn't have gotten that gun? /sarcasm

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

That's nice.

I'm going to be objective and point out that, in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 when, fleeing agents of the state which had in the past repeatedly aggressed against him, he dropped a baby.

While dropping the baby may be argued as negligent, the aggressive state shares blame. Consider who you would blame if a mother dropped & injured her baby when fleeing an armed assailant.

Bail-jumping resulting from aggressive prosecution of non-crime offenses is also not aggressive, and therefore also not meaningfully criminal.

So, basically, what you have is a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state.

And what do y'all point to as justification? The litany of abuses this man suffered at the hands of a criminal state.

How can you possibly justify this analysis to yourself? Frankly, I'm disgusted by it.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

That's nice.

I'm going to be objective and point out that, in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 ...

So, basically, what you have is a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state..

I don't believe drug dealers to be harmless individuals.... Nobody forced him to use and sell illicit drugs... He is reaping what he has sown..

MKEgal

marshaul said:
in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 when, fleeing agents of the state which had in the past repeatedly aggressed against him, he dropped a baby.

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Read In
3/25/2009 Possess w/Intent-Cocaine (<1-5g) / Felony E / Guilty Plea
3/25/2009 Bail Jumping-Felony / Felony H / Guilty Plea
12/05/2009 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
11/12/2011 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
11/12/2011 Possession of Controlled Substances / Misd. U / Read in
12/03/2012 Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer, Repeater / Felony I / Read In
12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm / Felony G / Guilty Plea
12/03/2012 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense), repeater / Felony I / Read In

Which of those did the state do to him?
He possessed the drugs, he ignored the terms of his bail, he tried to out-drive police, he possessed a firearm.
The only one it doesn't specifically say he pled guilty to is the fleeing, and that's a read-in so he agreed with the charge.

not aggressive, and therefore also not meaningfully criminal.
Crimes are still crimes even if they're not violent.

a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state.
Apologist
And I wouldn't call someone who points a gun at innocent people 'harmless', nor would I apply that to someone who possesses illegal and dangerous drugs with intent to sell them.