Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felon shot by police in Children's Hospital Nov. 14

Felon shot by police in Children's Hospital Nov. 14

After Milwaukee Police received a tip that there was a man with a gun visiting someone at Milwaukee Children's Hospital, they shot and injured Ashanti Len Hendricks after he attempted to escape after being arrested, and showed possession of a Glock .40 S&W semi-automatic pistol.

... Continued
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-30-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Fixed title
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Ashanti Len Hendricks has a fairly long arrest history, his Date of Birth is May 29, 1991.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

Offense Date/Charge/Severity/Finding

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Dismissed on defendants motion.

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Dismissed on defendants motion. but Read In (Plea Agreement)

3/25/2009 Possess w/Intent-Cocaine (<1-5g) / Felony E / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

3/25/2009 Bail Jumping-Felony / Felony H / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

12/05/2009 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

11/12/2011 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

11/12/2011 Possession of Controlled Substances / Misd. U / Read in (Plea Agreement)

12/03/2012 Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer, Repeater / Felony I / Read In (Plea Agreement)

12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm / Felony G / Guilty Due to Guilty Plea 9/16/2013

12/03/2012 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense), repeater / Felony I / Read In (Plea Agreement)

6/17/2013 Small Claims Court ($5,000 or less) vs. City of Milwaukee

Bench Warrant Issued 10/30/2013
    (May have had to do with sentencing or probation on the 12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm charge)

More to Come, I'm sure.

10/31/2013 Bail Jumping-Felony, Repeater/ Felony H

11/14/2013 Felon Possess Firearm, Repeater / Felony G

11/14/2013 Resisting or Obstructing an Officer, Repeater / Misdemeanor A

11/14/2013 Bail Jumping-Felony, Repeater / Felony H

11/14/2013 Child Abuse-Recklessly Cause Harm, Habitual Criminality / Felony I
    (The baby he was holding, when first approached by the Milwaukee police officers on the 7th floor of Children's hospital, was either dropped or thrown by this criminal during his attempt to flee. The baby sustained a skull fracture.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 11-30-2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: New Charges filed.

And how many people will be screaming "We need more gun laws"... vs screaming 'why in the heck is this guy out walking around ??'

How is this guy not in prison ???? Hmmm, the root of the problem is... lets see... yea, we need more laws (and more GFZ's too, right?).

OK, rant mode off

The record doesn't show his juvenile record I sure he has been well known to the police long before 2009.

A long time career criminal the crime rate in his area will fall now as he is no longer with us.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Glock .40 S&W?

.40 is Smith and Wesson's round.
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 11-15-2013 at 08:06 AM.

How did he get inside a GFZ?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    .40 is Smith and Wesson's round.
    Thanks. Is there another .40 cal round out there other than S&W? And, does Glock have a pistol chambered in that round, if one exists.

.40 Super by Triton (defunct), .400 Corbon

.40 S&W was called the Freedom .40 for a while, to avoid having to give credit to the UN-creditable.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Thanks. Is there another .40 cal round out there other than S&W? And, does Glock have a pistol chambered in that round, if one exists.
    You can find almost anything if you look for it. There is no other .40 round that is common other than .40 S&W.

.40S&W is a shortened case 10mm round. S&W developed the .40 for the FBI who found the 10mm too much.

I believe Glock's .40 pistol was released before S&Ws. Older Glock .40 pistols have " .40SW" stamped on the chamber. I think they just say .40 now.
    - What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

The current information says Hendricks was shot in the arm and the hand, today he had surgery to repair damage and try to keep him from losing his hand.

Apparently the whole incident from initial police contact, until he was shot and put in custody, only lasted a few minutes at most, but two connected hospitals were under lockdown for over two hours.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    The current information says Hendricks was shot in the arm and the hand, today he had surgery to repair damage and try to keep him from losing his hand.

Apparently the whole incident from initial police contact, until he was shot and put in custody, only lasted a few minutes at most, but two connected hospitals were under lockdown for over two hours.
    And we went to defcon 2 ....

Pretty much every day I am glad I don't live in milwaukee, chicago, detroit, nawlins, etc. I often why people other than criminals and welfare sponges live in such places.

I live here in Milwaukee, because I have friends, family and customers in the area, and when the bad guys drive the good guys out of town, they will have won.

My Springfield has 40SW stamped on the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    .40 Super by Triton (defunct), .400 Corbon

.40 S&W was called the Freedom .40 for a while, to avoid having to give credit to the UN-creditable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    You can find almost anything if you look for it. There is no other .40 round that is common other than .40 S&W.

.40S&W is a shortened case 10mm round. S&W developed the .40 for the FBI who found the 10mm too much.

I believe Glock's .40 pistol was released before S&Ws. Older Glock .40 pistols have " .40SW" stamped on the chamber. I think they just say .40 now.
    Thanks fellas, lernt something new. This place, OCDO, is great.

In my post #2, I added the new charges which include charges from the incident at Children's Hospital.

Although it was not made public for a few days, apparently the baby he was holding when the Milwaukee Police approached him, was later dropped or thrown and sustained a skull fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    How did he get inside a GFZ?!
    Maybe the signs weren't big enough or easy to see?
    WI should require large obnoxious signs like TX, and standard sign design & placement like KS.

So as an "adult" he's been found guilty of 5 felonies and 1 misdemeanor,
    had 3 felonies & 1 misdemeanor read in,
    and now has another 4 felonies & 1 misdemeanor pending.
    And he's what? 22?
    I'm going to be judgmental here and say that this person is not open to rehabilitation and should be kept away from polite society and good citizens for many many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Maybe the signs weren't big enough or easy to see?
    WI should require large obnoxious signs like TX, and standard sign design & placement like KS.

So as an "adult" he's been found guilty of 5 felonies and 1 misdemeanor,
    had 3 felonies & 1 misdemeanor read in,
    and now has another 4 felonies & 1 misdemeanor pending.
    And he's what? 22?
    I'm going to be judgmental here and say that this person is not open to rehabilitation and should be kept away from polite society and good citizens for many many years.
    Maybe if he had 1 more felony on his record, he wouldn't have gotten that gun? /sarcasm
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

That's nice.

I'm going to be objective and point out that, in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 when, fleeing agents of the state which had in the past repeatedly aggressed against him, he dropped a baby.

While dropping the baby may be argued as negligent, the aggressive state shares blame. Consider who you would blame if a mother dropped & injured her baby when fleeing an armed assailant.

Bail-jumping resulting from aggressive prosecution of non-crime offenses is also not aggressive, and therefore also not meaningfully criminal.

So, basically, what you have is a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state.

And what do y'all point to as justification? The litany of abuses this man suffered at the hands of a criminal state.

How can you possibly justify this analysis to yourself? Frankly, I'm disgusted by it.
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-01-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    That's nice.

I'm going to be objective and point out that, in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 ...

So, basically, what you have is a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state..
    I don't believe drug dealers to be harmless individuals.... Nobody forced him to use and sell illicit drugs... He is reaping what he has sown..

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul
    in that litany of "criminal offenses" posted above, every single one was an act of aggression on the part of the state up until 11/14 when, fleeing agents of the state which had in the past repeatedly aggressed against him, he dropped a baby.
    1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Read In
    3/25/2009 Possess w/Intent-Cocaine (<1-5g) / Felony E / Guilty Plea
    3/25/2009 Bail Jumping-Felony / Felony H / Guilty Plea
    12/05/2009 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
    11/12/2011 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
    11/12/2011 Possession of Controlled Substances / Misd. U / Read in
    12/03/2012 Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer, Repeater / Felony I / Read In
    12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm / Felony G / Guilty Plea
    12/03/2012 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense), repeater / Felony I / Read In

Which of those did the state do to him?
    He possessed the drugs, he ignored the terms of his bail, he tried to out-drive police, he possessed a firearm.
    The only one it doesn't specifically say he pled guilty to is the fleeing, and that's a read-in so he agreed with the charge.

not aggressive, and therefore also not meaningfully criminal.
    Crimes are still crimes even if they're not violent.

a non-aggressive, quite possibly harmless individual, harassed by the state for much of his adult life, and now recently shot by that state.
    Apologist
    And I wouldn't call someone who points a gun at innocent people 'harmless', nor would I apply that to someone who possesses illegal and dangerous drugs with intent to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I don't believe drug dealers to be harmless individuals.... Nobody forced him to use and sell illicit drugs... He is reaping what he has sown..
    Well, I don't know what to tell you. Dealing drugs is not an inherently harmful act.

1/06/2009 Possess w/Intent-Designer Drug (>3-10g) / Felony E / Read In
    3/25/2009 Possess w/Intent-Cocaine (<1-5g) / Felony E / Guilty Plea
    3/25/2009 Bail Jumping-Felony / Felony H / Guilty Plea
    12/05/2009 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
    11/12/2011 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense) / Felony I / Guilty Plea
    11/12/2011 Possession of Controlled Substances / Misd. U / Read in
    12/03/2012 Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer, Repeater / Felony I / Read In
    12/03/2012 Felon Possess Firearm / Felony G / Guilty Plea
    12/03/2012 Possession of THC (2nd+ Offense), repeater / Felony I / Read In

Which of those did the state do to him?
    Again, as none of those are acts of aggression, all of them.

He possessed the drugs, he ignored the terms of his bail, he tried to out-drive police, he possessed a firearm.
    Big whoop. Trying to flee assailants is hardly aggressive. Fleeing bail is only reasonably wrong when the charges are justifiable. These were not.

I'm sorry. Do you suddenly not possess a firearm? What do you imagine the difference is? It is somehow aggressive to possess a firearm when someone you don't like does it?

The only one it doesn't specifically say he pled guilty to is the fleeing, and that's a read-in so he agreed with the charge.
    Again, fleeing assailants. A form of self-defense.

Crimes are still crimes even if they're not violent.
    How can you possibly have a crime without a victim?

And you're calling me the apologist? That's rich.

And I wouldn't call someone who points a gun at innocent people 'harmless', nor would I apply that to someone who possesses illegal and dangerous drugs with intent to sell them.
    I missed him point a gun at anybody (except the police, who are aggressors, rendering that self-defense).

I am beyond sick of this ineffective, counter-productive, socially-conservative prohibitionist crap. Y'all create the system, establish the incentives, then whine and point the finger when people quite reasonably avail themselves of them. Your fault, and no amount of choir-preaching or righteous talk will change that.
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I am beyond sick of this ineffective, counter-productive, socially-conservative prohibitionist crap. .
    I am beyond sick of this coddling of weak individuals. These dealers are predators. They support a violent system which has no rights affirmed by the US Constitution which would justify their felonies. Dealing drugs is inherently harmful. The dollars spent from the growing of the plants to end user purchasing supports violence against innocent people. Nobody is forcing these felons to do what they do. They have nobody to blame but themselves and they deserve when someone takes them out of the gene pool..
    Trying to claim self defense against the Police is ridiculous... worthy of ridicule... The charges ad subsequent convictions were justified and righteous.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 12-02-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    Portugal voided all their gun laws .... seems as if it has not had a negative affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I am beyond sick of this coddling of weak individuals.
    I fail to see the relevance of this statement.

If anything, as drug dealing is only possibly harmful to those weak and unable to exercise self-control, the prohibitionist policies you espouse actually coddle the weak.

Meanwhile, the individual in question is demonstrating the entrepreneurial spirit (and boldly, in a risky market), and the beneficent government is stamping it out, because God forbid we "coddle weak individuals".

These dealers are predators. They support a violent system which has no rights affirmed by the US Constitution which would justify their felonies. Dealing drugs is inherently harmful. The dollars spent from the growing of the plants to end user purchasing supports violence against innocent people. Nobody is forcing these felons to do what they do. They have nobody to blame but themselves and they deserve when someone takes them out of the gene pool..
    Trying to claim self defense against the Police is ridiculous... worthy of ridicule... The charges ad subsequent convictions were justified and righteous.
    First thing: all of the harms you list here and ascribe to drug dealing are not inherent to drug dealing, but are actually caused by prohibition (see the alcohol market, during and after prohibition). So, really, the cops who enforce it are just as much to blame, and therefore "predators" and "supporting a violent system" etc, at least by your logic.

As to the affirmation by the US Constitution, that's putting you on incredibly shaky ground.

The Constitution itself says:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    And we know, thanks to Thomas Jefferson,

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others.
    So, it's my opinion that y'all need to do a lot better than "it isn't mentioned in the Constitution!" as a justification, and you'll need to find harm not caused by the very prohibition itself. Otherwise, my analysis stands.

I highly doubt you'd feel the same way about the state's treatment of a similar individual were guns banned, and were the contraband in question guns. And, let's be clear, the sole difference (as far as government ought to concern itself) between guns and drugs is the constitutional enumeration, which ought to be of no relevance. Both are inanimate objects, which can be used for good, or for evil, and most of the time are used for neither. Both are scary to the ignorant, and both can be possessed and used safely by responsible individuals.
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast