Thread: How can you present a FOIA request - for inspection - is minimal

Banned

How can you present a FOIA request - for inspection - is minimal

An FYI:

In CT, if you wish to simply inspect records, you may do so verbally and without identifying yourself.

No need for a written request at all. If they ask for a written request or demand one or demand you ID yourself, then they have violated the act in several ways:
    1) denial of records
    2) non-prompt access to records
    3) adding conditions that the Act (CGS Chapter 14) that the legislature did not require of a requester.

So, if you are lazy and don't want to write up a request but you only want to inspect (ie not copies), you can do so via a verbal request. You don't have to tell them why you want it or anything else. Just ask them for the records that you are seeking.

Banned
    Filed a verbal request with DESPP today ... no go .. they said they require a written request, even if just to inspect.

Well, I shot off a FOIC complaint.

Now DESPP is screwed. They have no record of what I requested. When the hearing occurs they'll be blindsided as to the records I requested - some are under exemptions ~ they'll have no evidence that the records are covered by the exemptions at the hearing.

Unleash the Kracken !