• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Needed ******* Please Read ******** Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateguy191

This was posted by a co-coordinator over at Ohioans For Concealed Carry.

Anyone who has been arrested for inciting panic/disorderly conduct while OC'ing, or who knows of a good example of someone who has, PLEASE send me the details ASAP!!! You can PM if you'd rather keep the particulars off of the open forum. Links to actual police reports or case numbers would be appreciated.

This is needed to help argue a point amongst some legislators who are wondering about real life examples of police harassing OC'ers with arrests for these charges.

Time is of the essence, like Monday at the latest.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Harassing or claiming ignorance of the law??????? Or the Cops just didn't know?????

The courts will 99% of the time protect the cops.

Back in 2008 an inducing panic charge for open carrying took eight months to get dismissed.

I can't help OFCC. Because, after all, they know everything.

Last edited:

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
Please post a link to this request.
I have documented examples of me being threatened with IP, "a felony", and "if you're walking down the street with a gun, we are going to stop you" (all separate incidents) but those were only threats so I'm not sure what they are looking for.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

MyWifeSaidYes

Updated link.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=76992

To post, you'll need to register and login. Only an email needed.

OFCC is definitely a different animal than OCDO, but they are focused on pro-gun issues and have feet on the ground in the Statehouse.

I can overlook a LOT of stuff for that particular group effort.

Yes, you have to login in order to even see the Open Carry forum on their site. BFA has the same requirement.

Is that strange? No stranger than the restriction on long gun OC that OCDO has in place.

Different animals, similar goals.

Werz

Here's the link Sigger.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76966

C.O.L. I believe this would be for ammo to be used in testimony at the Statehouse. Not a matter of knowing everything.
I feel your pain, BUT OFCC have a number of attorneys and one is an assistant prosecutor on the forum. They can't come up with people that have been harassed.
Well, one of the best stories of I've heard was published in detail in the OFCC forums, but it might be discredited if anyone learned that a shill called in the MWAG complaint.

Last edited:

JediSkipdogg

I'll post on here on behalf of the myself and all Coordinators at OFCC. You can say what you want about anything else but in this instance we are looking to help ALL open carriers. Hey, you say we aren't for OC, well, take that comment and.........

Our Legislatures have called us requesting our assistance on HB 203. They are wanting to know the goal behind....

(E) The exercise of a constitutional or statutory right is not, in itself, a violation of this section and does not constitute reasonable, articulable suspicion of criminal activity.

...being added to both 2917.11 and 2917.31. With that added it may help OCers stop being harassed. However, it's going to be a battle to keep that in there and/or get the bill passed with that in there. Unfortunately, our contacts are only requesting arrested and charged cases and not harassed. A few newspapers are also looking at doing articles on that section of the change.

Remember, if you want something changed you need cases or reason to back up the change. A change just to change generally doesn't fly to well with the House and Senate.

If you don't want to help and just want to complain about OFCC and some of there stances then please keep them to yourself at this time. We are trying to help you and complaining about why we do what we do doesn't help the matter at hand. If you want to just post here, post it here and MyWifeSaidYes or myself will pass it on to our contacts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is a violation of Forum Rules to criticize or attack another gun rights group except for any stance they might have against OC specifically.

That definitely does not seem to be the case with OFCC - in fact I have just registered there.

Troy bilt

I'll post on here on behalf of the myself and all Coordinators at OFCC. You can say what you want about anything else but in this instance we are looking to help ALL open carriers. Hey, you say we aren't for OC, well, take that comment and.........

Our Legislatures have called us requesting our assistance on HB 203. They are wanting to know the goal behind....

(E) The exercise of a constitutional or statutory right is not, in itself, a violation of this section and does not constitute reasonable, articulable suspicion of criminal activity.

...being added to both 2917.11 and 2917.31. With that added it may help OCers stop being harassed. However, it's going to be a battle to keep that in there and/or get the bill passed with that in there. Unfortunately, our contacts are only requesting arrested and charged cases and not harassed. A few newspapers are also looking at doing articles on that section of the change.

Remember, if you want something changed you need cases or reason to back up the change. A change just to change generally doesn't fly to well with the House and Senate.

If you don't want to help and just want to complain about OFCC and some of there stances then please keep them to yourself at this time. We are trying to help you and complaining about why we do what we do doesn't help the matter at hand. If you want to just post here, post it here and MyWifeSaidYes or myself will pass it on to our contacts.

Very well said and thanks for your help

eye95

It is a violation of Forum Rules to criticize or attack another gun rights group except for any stance they might have against OC specifically.

That definitely does not seem to be the case with OFCC - in fact I have just registered there.

What about mentioning that you have to join the forum just to see the OC section?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

What about mentioning that you have to join the forum just to see the OC section?

<o>

MyWifeSaidYes already posted that log in was required to view the forum.

One step at a time - not familar with the site yet and don't really expect to post much at that. Primary purpose wil lbe to see how others view OC and to observe happenings.

MyWifeSaidYes

To be fair, there HAVE been some anti-OC feelings on OFCC.

Some are still there.

To my knowledge, any people with those feelings are not standing in the way of any OC activity on that forum.

I am an active and avid OC'er. They knew that when they asked me to be their ORC 9.68 Compliance Coordinator.

(Ohio Revised Code 9.68 is our preemption statute, invalidating local firearm restrictions)

When I find, or a forum member points out, a city with laws that violate 9.68, I make contact with their legal counsel and ask them to repeal those laws.

When they don't, we have a new destination for our next open carry picnic!

Some people on OCDO have had bad experiences with OFCC and choose not to go there.

Some people have dismissed them out of hand, having never visited, and have chosen not to go there.

I understand these choices, but I still invite those people to visit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Some are still there.

To my knowledge, any people with those feelings are not standing in the way of any OC activity on that forum.

I am an active and avid OC'er. They knew that when they asked me to be their ORC 9.68 Compliance Coordinator.

(Ohio Revised Code 9.68 is our preemption statute, invalidating local firearm restrictions)

When I find, or a forum member points out, a city with laws that violate 9.68, I make contact with their legal counsel and ask them to repeal those laws.

Some people on OCDO have had bad experiences with OFCC and choose not to go there.

Some people have dismissed them out of hand, having never visited, and have chosen not to go there.

I have never had a bad experience when dealing with other pro gunnies. Now I will say that some experiences have been better than others in the beginning, but I specialize in finding common ground. We stand together - united by our belief in the RKBA. We may show it differently, but hopefully with courtesy towards each other.

I'll be back in a couple of days - as soon as I figure out how to introduce myself on that locked thread :question:

eye95

Some are still there.

Making the OC forum invisible to non-members is "standing in the way of OC." As far as your invitation goes, after OC becomes visible at that site, I will explore it as a non-member. After that, maybe I'd join. However, the clearly demonstrated attitude toward OC (making it invisible) keeps me from even looking.

I don't really feel the need to join anyway. I will continue to operate independently; that is true grassroots.

<o>

eye95

If you hadn't joined this forum, you wouldn't be able to post the numerous comments that you do.

Just sayin' ...

And before I joined this forum, I read it extensively, something I cannot do with the OC area at OFCC.

Just sayin' (whatever the hell that means) ...

<o>

Status
Not open for further replies.