Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: opinion on this police bulletin

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760

    opinion on this police bulletin

    My co-worker got this email from the local police department.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    From what I gather from the bulletin, this man was NOT arrested. However, the police are telling the public about his actions, activities and whereabouts even though what he did didn't warrant an arrest.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    The purpose of the release of this information is to allow members of the public to protect themselves and their children from sex offenders
    Nice

    He is not in violation
    What kind of registered sex offender conviction doesn't have some clause that says you can't park next to a school and watch kids? I don't like slippery slopes, but damn. That said, he's not a rapist; but he's obviously not all there.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Isn't he the mayor? Looks like him ...

  4. #4
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Nothing wrong with it. Legal and moral.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    You may want to reread the red part at the bottom of that notice (just above the yellow box) that you just posted on an Internet website, however.
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-15-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You may want to reread the red part at the bottom of that notice (just above the yellow box) that you just posted on an Internet website, however.
    haha, I just saw that.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    That knocking you hear at your front door - it's for you.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Something doesn't make sense here.

    The police allege they are posting the information for public safety. Yet, how is the public safer? What steps are the public supposed to take?

    Did they post this in the elementary schools and notify the parents of every child? (Whereupon droves of parents pull their kids from school.)

    Are they tailing him everyday at recess times and after school lets out while some children walk home?

    I suspect this is just a big scare tactic and an attempt to be seen to be doing something because they don't otherwise seem to be doing anything actually effective.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Something doesn't make sense here.

    The police allege they are posting the information for public safety. Yet, how is the public safer? What steps are the public supposed to take?

    Did they post this in the elementary schools and notify the parents of every child? (Whereupon droves of parents pull their kids from school.)

    Are they tailing him everyday at recess times and after school lets out while some children walk home?

    I suspect this is just a big scare tactic and an attempt to be seen to be doing something because they don't otherwise seem to be doing anything actually effective.
    ? If this guy was standing out side or parked in front of your kids school you would think he's there for a kid. You then see this bulletin, remember he's a diddler and realize he's there for a kid, just not his own. Where is the confusion? It's an ALERT. Like hey if this guy is asking your kid to find his puppy, call the police. It's the whole reason they have to register. So if/when they are trying to re-offend (huge rate of re offending) at least people can be aware they are there.

    They have apps that tell you if they live in your neighborhood. Why? Not so you can "take your kid from school", not so you can "tail him", so you (any parent) can be a parent and not let your kid go over there for tea and cookies or study algebra. Being a sex offender isn't something that comes up over coffee. You have to be told by someone. So this is the PD telling everyone, hey heads for this creepy guy.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    ? If this guy was standing out side or parked in front of your kids school you would think he's there for a kid. You then see this bulletin, remember he's a diddler and realize he's there for a kid, just not his own. Where is the confusion? It's an ALERT. Like hey if this guy is asking your kid to find his puppy, call the police. It's the whole reason they have to register. So if/when they are trying to re-offend (huge rate of re offending) at least people can be aware they are there.

    They have apps that tell you if they live in your neighborhood. Why? Not so you can "take your kid from school", not so you can "tail him", so you (any parent) can be a parent and not let your kid go over there for tea and cookies or study algebra. Being a sex offender isn't something that comes up over coffee. You have to be told by someone. So this is the PD telling everyone, hey heads for this creepy guy.
    Why not post the bulletin at restruants ? Children eat at restruants. Why not post it at the beach ?

    If the police are concerned he is breaking the law by being near schools then why are they just simply telling parents ? The police should be interviening if they think hes breaking the law.

    I think its strange that police are notifying the public about a person engaging in lawful behavior.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    haha, I just saw that.
    Isn't that a California law cited on the poster? If you are in Idaho, you are not subject to that law. However, if you are in California (which I am damn well convinced that you are), then you have violated that law.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Isn't that a California law cited on the poster? If you are in Idaho, you are not subject to that law. However, if you are in California (which I am damn well convinced that you are), then you have violated that law.
    I don't know why you would be so convinced that I am in California. Is it because I said I was in California right now ? hahahaha


    (c)(1)The designated law enforcement entity may authorize persons and entities who receive the information pursuant to this section to disclose information to additional persons only if the entity determines that disclosure to the additional persons will enhance the public safety and identifies the appropriate scope of further disclosure. A law enforcement entity may not authorize any disclosure of this information by its placement on an Internet Web site.


    So basically a reading of the code doesn't prohibit a private person from posting it on the internet. It simply prohibits POLICE from doing so under most circumstances.
    Last edited by onus; 11-16-2013 at 12:43 PM.

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Onus has said his co-worker received this from the local police department which is in CA - it is not a inter-agency notification to an out of state LEA.

    Conclusion: Onus & his co-worker are in CA.

    Also there is some question as to the appropriateness of the post and using someone's picture w/o authorization.

    Locking it.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-16-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •