• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RedNex

richarcm

Went to Warsaw, VA last night. It is a relatively small town but does have one gun store. It recently relocated to a much larger building so we decided to check it out on the way back to Richmond, VA.

When we got there it was 6:54pm. There were two cop cars in the parking lot. We walked up to the door (you could see both cops right in front of the door) to go inside and noticed that the sign said that they were only open until 7pm so we just decided to check it out some other time and head back to the car.

As we were walking back to the car one of the cops walked outside and said...."Sir! Sir!". I was open carrying at the time so I was expecting that he might be about to question my openly carried firearm. Instead he told me that they were still open. He asked why we were leaving and we told him that they were only open for about 5 more minutes so we decided it might be best to come back some other time. He said that they were staying open as late as necessary due to hunting season and that gun owners were always welcome and that he thought maybe he scared me off.

He ended up actually being EXTREMELY pleasant, welcoming and pro gun. I am going to call the store today to see if they can't help me ID this cop so I can write a thank you letter.

I'm generally anti-cop simply because they tend to have become more of a revenue collector than a protector of our rights. But this guy was really good. Exactly how I wish all cops were....

fjpro2a

Excellent!!!

I would like to hear these kinds of encounters a thousand times, especially in other "restrictive" States. In my opinion, it is impossible to improve upon this encounter. Follow up with a letter to the Police Department.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Been to RedNex many times in Tappahanock. I didn't know they had gone to Warsaw.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry. It is still in Tappahanock. Just in a bigger building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes more sense. I love Warsaw...the hunting is great and the folks decent, a little clannish but so am I, but the town is on death row. I can't imagine opening a business there. BTW, they've started having gunshows in Warsaw.

The Tappahanock PD is pretty decent. Someday I'll tell you about the drowned terrorist :lol:

richarcm

They move into what was once a restaurant. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the fact that they hadn't yet torn down the bar or even removed the taps. I thought it was kinda cool. But it seems like a ticking time bomb to me. All it takes is one anti gunner to see it and the press could get pretty bad.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
They move into what was once a restaurant. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the fact that they hadn't yet torn down the bar or even removed the taps. I thought it was kinda cool. But it seems like a ticking time bomb to me. All it takes is one anti gunner to see it and the press could get pretty bad.

When you said it was a restaurant, I was hoping it wasn't Lowery's Seafood ... but I checked the address and it's not. Happy about that, have eaten many fine meals at Lowery's when my Uncle had retired to Deltaville. Spent many fine summers in the Deltaville area, just south of Hardyville, my Uncle's home.

TFred

When you said it was a restaurant, I was hoping it wasn't Lowery's Seafood ... but I checked the address and it's not. Happy about that, have eaten many fine meals at Lowery's when my Uncle had retired to Deltaville. Spent many fine summers in the Deltaville area, just south of Hardyville, my Uncle's home.
I'm sure that a closing of Lowery's would be headline news all along the east coast.

Google cobwebs reveal that the new home to RedNex used to be the following restaurants, in no particular order:

Buoy 17
T N L BBQ
The Hog 'n Claw

TFred