• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry Downtown tonight November 16th, 2013

DocRed

Looking forward to it today gentlemen, just getting a confirmation for the head count and posting own thread to further the invitation to everyone else.

Hello everyone...SharpShootur here!

LOL! :lol: (My customary greeting just for you Turbod'1) I've been sorting things at work, please excuse my absence. I just signed on today and noticed this tread. I thought "hey this sounds fantastic!" Read the thread and found my name being dropped on a WAY COOL idea! DTOM (i.e. Don't Tread On Me) has alluded to an open carry event. In fact, he has also invited DocRed. Since this is such an auspicious occasion and that open carry on The Strip/Freemont Street Experience is long overdue, I'm game!

DTOM and DocRed, how would you guys like to accompany me for an open carry on November 16th at 5:00 p.m. We can all meet up at the El Cortez! We can meet up in front of the Subway restaurant doors (located on Ogden). Parking in the garage there is free. That's right people, you heard me FREE (cost you zip, zero, nada!). Once you've parked in the FREE parking garage, simply use the pedestrian crosswalk to cross over to the south side of the street. Head west (or head towards your right once you've crossed the street) and you'll find the Subway.

OF COURSE THIS INVITATION GOES OUT TO ALL OPEN CARRIERS! I'll take the lead and ask those that wish to attend to please RSVP to my inbox. If your unable to attend at that specified time, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Accommodations can be made. It would be nice to have a number of groups at different times to join. If you know other OCers, PLEASE inform them of this event! :D

Turbod'1

Looking forward to it today gentlemen, just getting a confirmation for the head count and posting own thread to further the invitation to everyone else.

I was down for the event but then their seemed to be no real commitment; no PMs, no updates and no enthusiasm, so I've made other plans.

Maybe next time we can do it better? :/

SharpShootur

Hello everyone! Just a reminder that tonight is Open Carry night! :banana: The event will be at 5:00 p.m. Please meet at the El Cortez on the corner of 6th St. and Ogden (Where the Subway restaurant is located). Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! :D

DocRed

Was a great time, it's nice to finally be able to put a face behind the username. Overall good experience with no negative reactions aside of the normal looks of confusion. Looking forward to another meet in the future.

28kfps

View attachment 10978

I should have brought my point and shoot digital camera. My Cell phone pictures did not turn out. Only ended up with one not very good picture.
Meet two new to me OC persons, SharpShootur and DocRed. Counting my wife makes 4 of us. Ended up walking past several security and METRO both on foot and on bikes a few looks no problems. One guy, a local shook our hand and was sharing some like-minded views on guns laws. Two Metro did walk right by us with a few pleasant words of how you guys doing.

No one during our crowed stroll appeared to care that we were armed.
We stopped for a pizza and hotdog, had good conversation getting to know each other. We had a great visit good time and once again open carried in a very crowed area. No one was scared, no cops called, no shootouts.