Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drudge: 'Knockout' Game Targeting Strangers Sweeps Nation, Potentially Fatal Game ...

Drudge: 'Knockout' Game Targeting Strangers Sweeps Nation, Potentially Fatal Game ...

"A terrifying new ‘game’ that’s already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey is sweeping the nation, and it preys upon unsuspecting people walking the streets, anywhere. A recent report from New York-based CBS 2 shed light on the growing trend, displaying unsettling footage of teens participating in this game – which goes by the name ‘Knockout’ – and involves randomly targeting passersby, with the ultimate goal being to knock them out with one punch as they walk by. One victim shown in the footage was 46-year-old Ralph Santiago of Hoboken, N.J., who was found dead with his neck broken and head lodged between iron fence posts, ..."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/
    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river
    http://dcist.com/2013/11/horrid_knoc...omes_to_dc.php
    http://www.littlefallstimes.com/apps...817/10082/NEWS
    http://www.dose.ca/2013/11/11/new-je...y-killed-three

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...eading-to-d-c/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    NJ residents should push for opening up the RKBA and open carry ...

The common law elements of self defense are four: reasonable fear of bodily harm

This warning would seem to be a reasonable caution of death, beyond bodily harm. A passer-by is innocent of instigation and has no idea of the need to withdraw. My only defensive tool is my personal defense weapon, when is it to be deployed?

It is unfortunate that the teacher was made a target with no warning. I try to never let anyone get that close to me or my family, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I don't know if any type of carry could stop such a attack, but the attackers take the chance of getting shot. Obviously we are not handing down stiff enough prison sentences for violent crime.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

If sharing the same space & time with such a subset of humanity cannot be avoided.... I would be scanning their demeanor for clues that something may be in the works. If they are planning to execute a " lay-up " play, there will be clues exhibited in their posture and body language.

Simply demonstrating that you are actually paying attention to your surroundings may well serve as a deterrence.

Body language clues such as are commonly observed on basketball courts can alert for some defensive response such as placing your near side hand on top of your head to ward off any potential blow, followed by accessing your own "bag of tricks" with the other hand.

Wherever I am - I am on alert for such a subset of humanity being in my proximity, or on a course headed in my direction. Sheep have a look about them . Sheepdogs on the other hand have an altogether different look .

These suggestions of course have nothing to offer in comforting the sheep. My only suggestion is that they may want to stop being sheep.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 11-16-2013 at 04:27 PM.

True, there is a reason that some people are victims, and some are not. But bad things happen to good people, and I do feel bad for the sheep, they don't deserve to be made targets. There is a reason though that countries like China do not have the social problems we do. This type of attack would probably warrant the death penalty in China. IMO after conviction, before prison time, the victims or their family should be issued a baseball bat to play homerun with these dredges of society.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Most of this is racially mixed crime ("White Girl Bleed A lot") so if you see a group of kids who raise your internal antenna coming in your direction, pay attention to it. Cross the street, step into a place of business or an alleyway... anything to create some measure of distance and therefore, time in your favor. Have you hand on your gun if that is possible. If not, have it in a position where you can draw and fire quickly. If attacked and you have the opportunity, get that gun out and open fire; no hesitation, no talk, just shoot.

Best thing, avoid places where things like this are likely to take place. Better to let some other poor sucker be the victim than you.

I agree with WalkingWolf's post regarding harsh punishment for scum like this. While the Eighth Amendment disallows cruel and unusual punishment, that doesn't mean the entire group cannot be put to death if their victim is killed in their heinous attack. If the victim only suffers injuries, such as some broken bones, lacerations, and contusions, I would favor not less than 20 years for the perps. If the victim suffers permanent injuries, such as permanent brain damage or paralysis, give them life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. After all, they committed their victim to a lifetime of suffering.

The problem is finding these little bastards. Which takes us back to shooting them.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 11-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I wholeheartedly agree with the 2 above comments . This is one area of concern where there is no room for debate over the efficacy of HANDS ON open carry.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Most of this is racially mixed crime ("White Girl Bleed A lot") so if you see a group of kids who raise your internal antenna coming in your direction, pay attention to it. Cross the street, step into a place of business or an alleyway... anything to create some measure of distance and therefore, time in your favor. Have you hand on your gun if that is possible. If not, have it in a position where you can draw and fire quickly. If attacked and you have the opportunity, get that gun out and open fire; no hesitation, no talk, just shoot.

Best thing, avoid places where things like this are likely to take place. Better to let some other poor sucker be the victim than you.

I agree with WalkingWolf's post regarding harsh punishment for scum like this. While the Eighth Amendment disallows cruel and unusual punishment, that doesn't mean the entire group cannot be put to death if their victim is killed in their heinous attack. If the victim only suffers injuries, such as some broken bones, lacerations, and contusions, I would favor not less than 20 years for the perps. If the victim suffers permanent injuries, such as permanent brain damage or paralysis, give them life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. After all, they committed their victim to a lifetime of suffering.

The problem is finding these little bastards. Which takes us back to shooting them.

I can't remember the black comic who said it but said white people need to not be so afraid of being called a racist they get hurt.

He said if he saw 5 bald white guys coming his way he was going to run, doesn't matter if it was outside a chemo-therapy clinic......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The geographic locations of these incidents share many similar attributes. I do not believe that the knockout game could happen anywhere.

Ya well,,,??

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The geographic locations of these incidents share many similar attributes. I do not believe that the knockout game could happen anywhere.
    These "similar attributes",,,
    What are they? are they here? could we have them too? are we in danger? could it happen to us?

Are their "similar attributes" shared by the perpetrators of these crimes?

Are their "similar attributes" shared by the victims of these crimes?

I dont know,,, seems like their may be,,, something,, the same, I dont know....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

With all the metal and loose screws in my neck. Disc replacement gone wrong. It could very easily place me in a wheel chair or worse. I avoid if at all possible, high crime places. Like a mall parking garage. If I can I don't let myself get in a group of younger looking thugs, regardless of race. Where I live we are well over 90% white. I don't believe race is playing a part in this game. It will show up in white high crime area's before long, if not already. My wife pay's very little attention to her surroundings, and it bugs the daylights out of me.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    These "similar attributes",,, <snip>
    Do you live in a fairly large urban area? Do you routinely go about your daily travels on foot in a fairly large urban areas? If so, you are at risk of being a victim of the knockout game. If not, you are at a greatly diminished risk of being a victim of the knockout game.

Do you live in a fairly large urban area? Do you routinely go about your daily travels on foot in a fairly large urban areas? If so, you are at risk of being a victim of the knockout game. If not, you are at a greatly diminished risk of being a victim of the knockout game.
    Anything can happen anywhere, especially if the guard is lowered. I walk 6 to 8 miles a day on a country highway, trying to get my moneys worth on the quarter million dollars the insurance company spent on me. I always try to be aware of who is approaching in a vehicle. A couple times I got goose bumps when cars approached and slowed down. Only to see the gun and speed off like they were crazy. Either the site of the gun sent them into a fit, or they may have realized I was not a willing victim.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-18-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by eamelhorn View Post
    SNIP... My wife pay's very little attention to her surroundings, and it bugs the daylights out of me.
    I have the same problem, she says I've opened her eyes, but she is still very unaware.

When she's with me she knows I'm aware, but she admits when she's by herself she mostly ignores others.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Anything can happen anywhere, especially if the guard is lowered. I walk 6 to 8 miles a day on a country highway, trying to get my moneys worth on the quarter million dollars the insurance company spent on me. I always try to be aware of who is approaching in a vehicle. A couple times I got goose bumps when cars approached and slowed down. Only to see the gun and speed off like they were crazy. Either the site of the gun sent them into a fit, or they may have realized I was not a willing victim.
    No argument from me on your experiences. The knockout game is not likely played on country highways. I suspect that urban dwellers are less likely to OC because their 2A right is severely infringed or the hassle for OCing out weighs the benefit. It is sad that most urban area residents do not call for the restoration of their 2A right so that they may defend themselves in the worse case, or to experience what you experienced and have thugs leave you be and look for a more vulnerable victim.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I can't remember the black comic who said it but said white people need to not be so afraid of being called a racist they get hurt.

He said if he saw 5 bald white guys coming his way he was going to run, doesn't matter if it was outside a chemo-therapy clinic......
    Even Jesse Jackwad knows this

Even Jesse Jackson said a few years ago, “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” - See more at: http://theracecardproject.com/jesse-....wB4YUBYA.dpuf
    Last edited by F350; 11-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.

UPDATE: Three “Knockout” Attacks Reported In Philadelphia Area, 20 Nov 2013

"PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — “Knockout” attacks have been reported in several states around the country and now investigators believe three people have been attacked in our area."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...adelphia-area/

Knockout Game arrives in DC, what you need to know.

http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/20...-need-to-know/

The rules to the Knockout Game are simple. Basically you pick a victim at random and see if you can knock them to the ground in just one punch. Often the victims of the Knockout Game are unwittingly attacked without warning or from behind, and ‘players’ are often successful at knocking them to the ground. The game has been making an unfortunate comeback in Washington D.C.

"WASHINGTON, DC - Police say they are investigating the two women punched in the head in Columbia Heights on Thursday and Friday as simple assaults. But the victims wonder if they were targets of the Knockout game. [ ... ] Fox 5 spoke to that woman, who doesn't want to be identified. She says she's convinced it was the Knockout game, and that the assailants just aren't practiced enough to knock their victims out in one punch."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2400508...#axzz2lHODML41
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-21-2013 at 07:24 AM.

G00gle Real Time coverage link URL

Knockout Game backfired. Lansing, MI thug shot.

"It's a game that's been growing with popularity on the internet, with teenagers filming themselves punching unsuspecting victims. Lansing had it's first case of the game brought to light this summer, but it's possible it's been happening under the radar for months. [ ... ] The victim was attacked by 17-year-old Marvell Weaver. But Weaver did more than try to knock his victim out, he tried to do it with a taser. Luckily for the victim, the taser didn't work and he was able to protect himself with his concealed-carry .40 caliber pistol. [ ... ] But Weaver say's this wasn't the first time he'd played it. Before he was caught, he and his friends had attacked random people on several occasions. "Not many, six or seven. It wouldn't be an every day game, just a certain game to be played on certain days. You don't even try to rob them or anything. That's the game," said Weaver. Weaver says it's not gang related, teens are playing it because they're bored. Plus, they've been seeing others doing it and getting away with it on the internet.
    http://www.wilx.com/news/featured/he...l?device=phone

No argument from me on your experiences. The knockout game is not likely played on country highways. I suspect that urban dwellers are less likely to OC because their 2A right is severely infringed or the hassle for OCing out weighs the benefit. It is sad that most urban area residents do not call for the restoration of their 2A right so that they may defend themselves in the worse case, or to experience what you experienced and have thugs leave you be and look for a more vulnerable victim.
    +1

I don't think a firearm will help you in these situations.

The best thing to do is to avoid any groups of black people and always watch your back.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I don't think a firearm will help you in these situations.

The best thing to do is to avoid any groups of black people and always watch your back.
    Any prejudice here?

No need to bring race into this!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Any prejudice here?

No need to bring race into this!

Yes he has made it clear he is a bigot.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast