Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: america should not let this happen anymore

america should not let this happen anymore

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...cmp=latestnews

Man gets 55 years in federal prison.......

Banned
    The judge did not have to sentence him to all that time ... if he thinks that the minimum sentence is a violation of the constitution, like he said it was, then why impose the sentence?

Founder's Club Member
    FUQ (Fair Use Quote), please.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Obama asked to release music producer serving 55 years on pot and gun charges.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Obama asked to release music producer serving 55 years on pot and gun charges.
    I don't think so. I think the jailed man is asking Obama to commute his sentence.

These kinds of stories are why I became a Libertarian. This man is arrested and jailed on federal charges.

Both democrats and republicans support this stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    FUQ (Fair Use Quote), please.
    Nickel, please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

20 charges? Is that from multiple guns, drugs? It mentions money laundering as well?

Dealing drugs? 55 years?

I see no problem.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Dealing drugs? 55 years?

I see no problem.
    How about freedom ? Liberty ? Lack of constitutional authority by the federal government ?

Also, most of those years came from merely possessing legally owned guns while selling marijuana.

Maybe you can explain why you feel a man should spend his entire adult life in a cage for this.

I feel he should have gotten 0 time for the gun possession.

I feel he should have been summarily executed for dealing drugs.

55 years should be a good middle ground, in his opinion.
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

(snip)

And that's a power you are content to allow the government?

I am in a sharing mood tonight, so I will elaborate my view. Back when I was a right wing conservative, I believed in the death penalty. Damn right, we should execute the bad guys! They hurt people, and by God, they need to be punished! *slams fist on table*

But...what we are talking about here is giving the government, the United States of ****** Up Government, the ability to put a sliding scale of value on human life. The same government that spies on us, lies to us, and can't build a functional website with several million dollars at its disposal? The same government that routinely convicts INNOCENT, non-violent, and first time offenders alike, as well as having a documented history of racially prejudiced prosecution and the mentally ill? The same government involved in Operation Fast and Furious, Solyndra, Benghazi, Libya, drug trafficking and torture, and you want to allow them the power to execute one of its own citizens?

If you bitch about the government infringing upon your numerical rights, but still want to allow them the power to execute someone, then you need to stop bitching and start evaluating. Is human life sacred or not? Or is some life more valuable than others? Either way, is that a decision you want in the hands of powerful, unaccountable people with a long, torrid history of corruption?

Am I defending drug dealers? NO. Their clients make a choice that leads to addiction, self harm and possibly death, but that is what free well, self autonomy, what CHOICE, is all about. Does a drug dealer deserve to lose his/her life just because you find it wrong that someone voluntarily sought out the dealer for business?

Drug addiction is tragic, and there are many who are preyed upon by dealers, or circumstances, or upbringing. But is execution the best solution you can come up with? Does anyone believe murdering every drug dealer is going to stop addicts from finding any other substance to abuse? By blaming the dealer, you are removing personal responsibility from the individual.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post

I am in a sharing mood tonight, so I will elaborate my view. Back when I was a right wing conservative, I believed in the death penalty. Damn right, we should execute the bad guys! They hurt people, and by God, they need to be punished! *slams fist on table*

But...what we are talking about here is giving the government, the United States of ****** Up Government, the ability to put a sliding scale of value on human life. The same government that spies on us, lies to us, and can't build a functional website with several million dollars at its disposal? The same government that routinely convicts INNOCENT, non-violent, and first time offenders alike, as well as having a documented history of racially prejudiced prosecution and the mentally ill? The same government involved in Operation Fast and Furious, Solyndra, Benghazi, Libya, drug trafficking and torture, and you want to allow them the power to execute one of its own citizens?

If you bitch about the government infringing upon your numerical rights, but still want to allow them the power to execute someone, then you need to stop bitching and start evaluating. Is human life sacred or not? Or is some life more valuable than others? Either way, is that a decision you want in the hands of powerful, unaccountable people with a long, torrid history of corruption?

Am I defending drug dealers? NO. Their clients make a choice that leads to addiction, self harm and possibly death, but that is what free well, self autonomy, what CHOICE, is all about. Does a drug dealer deserve to lose his/her life just because you find it wrong that someone voluntarily sought out the dealer for business?

Drug addiction is tragic, and there are many who are preyed upon by dealers, or circumstances, or upbringing. But is execution the best solution you can come up with? Does anyone believe murdering every drug dealer is going to stop addicts from finding any other substance to abuse? By blaming the dealer, you are removing personal responsibility from the individual.
    +1

And, +1 to Onus pointing out lack of constitutional authority.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I just saw online that the Taliban have a few new openings for camp counselors right now. Maybe you should apply. You can chop heads off all day long.

55 years for selling weed and happened to have legal guns in the house? I hope he gets off with no time or fines that is absurd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Summary execution for murdering drug dealers. The dude in the OP? Raw deal, if the sentencing judge thinks so it must be so. But.....the judge has got a cushy job and wants to keep it.....bang (sound of gavel).....55 years for you, sorry dude.

Weed does not, by its self, cause addiction. Its a common misconception.
    Last edited by MattinWA; 11-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.

This thread is not about weed, but about the dude who got shafted by Da Man.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

+1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    How about freedom ? Liberty ? Lack of constitutional authority by the federal government ?

Also, most of those years came from merely possessing legally owned guns while selling marijuana.

Maybe you can explain why you feel a man should spend his entire adult life in a cage for this.

This wasn't an answer to question posed.

Why do you think that man is ugly? Because he's unattractive. Tautology....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    This thread is not about weed, but about the dude who got shafted by Da Man.

shafted by the man because of common misconceptions about weed

Last edited by MattinWA; 11-18-2013 at 10:21 AM.

I don't think anyone made the argument that weed is addictive. If you were referring to my post, I was generalizing the field, because a crack dealer's life should not be less sacred than a pot dealer. One is certainly more unsavory than the other, but I don't want the government having a points system deciding who deserves to live and who doesn't, based on emotion, prejudice, and perception of value.

I don't think anyone made the argument that weed is addictive. If you were referring to my post, I was generalizing the field, because a crack dealer's life should not be less sacred than a pot dealer. One is certainly more unsavory than the other, but I don't want the government having a points system deciding who deserves to live and who doesn't, based on emotion, prejudice, and perception of value.
    You dont think a harsher sentence should be imposed on people who sell crack, a drug that has ruined countless lives, compare to weed, that ruins countless bags of potato chips. Agree with the death part tho
    your "sacred life" is ruined if you are put to death or caged like an animal for 55 years.

So should many doctors too then.

Why would you punish someone for chemicals/plants they wish to consume?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

First, I never said the government should have the power of capital punishment. I merely stated MY choice of punishment for dope dealers. Heck, let's let the JURY decide on the actual punishments given...without limiting their choices. I think people would start declining jury trials left and right!

Second, if an adult wants to suck on a muffler, go for it. Life ain't sacred. If anyone wonders, I'm a non-religious conservative. I support term-limits for our federal Congress. I'm against increasing taxes or expanding government handouts. I'm really, really against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. I am very much in support of drug testing for government programs and denying those who test positive (it's a choice, right?)

Third, if you could guarantee that the drugs a dealer sells are not used by children, I might be okay with a more lenient sentence.

Fourth, getting back onto a gun-related topic...THE DRUG DEALER SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED ZERO TIME DUE TO HIS GUN POSSESSION!! Even criminals should have access to guns. It is up to the rest of us to be armed in order to defend ourselves.

Yes, give the bad guys their guns back. "Shall not be infringed" does not specify good guys only.

All rights are subject to reasonable regulation? Where, in the Constitution, does it say that?

I can yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater if I want to. THEN, I have to pay my dues, right?

The drug dealer did not shoot anyone, therefore he should not be charged for anything gun related.

I am against any type of increased punishment for a crime with a "gun specification".

Recoil.

Do you consume alcoholic beverages? ^^^?

I ask because this is a far more dangerous and reckless activity for you and others around you then "sucking on a muffler" as you put it.
    Last edited by MattinWA; 11-18-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast