Thread: Wal Mart and laws

Wal Mart and laws

I was speaking to friend today and we was talking about OC and CC , That it is illegal to carry into Wal Mart , Reason is 1 It sells Alcohol and 2 There is Banks in them.
    Also where can i find a clear referance of the WV OC laws and CC laws
    thank you

Welcome to OCDO

The West Virginia Code of laws - http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/Code.cfm is searchable
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie S Blankenship View Post
    I was speaking to friend today and we was talking about OC and CC , That it is illegal to carry into Wal Mart , Reason is 1 It sells Alcohol and 2 There is Banks in them.
    Also where can i find a clear referance of the WV OC laws and CC laws
    thank you
    You may carry concealed or openly in an establishments that sells and serves alcohol, such as bars and restaurants.
    http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=150

http://carsontech.webs.com/Gun%20Law...%208-23-12.pdf

What does a bank in Wal-Mart have to do with anything?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

There is nothing that I could find in the West Virginia Code that prohibits carrying a firearm or deadly weapon into an establishment that sells alcohol, or into a bank or credit union.

Your friend is wrong. There is so much bad information floating around it boggles the mind.

I just now put up my research on the sections of the West Virginia code that relate to firearms (owning, carrying, possessing, etc). While it is not complete, it does provide links to things like the definition of concealed, that you may not carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle without a license and some of the other laws that are on the books.

I've only found 1 instance where open carry is specifically mentioned in WV code. That doesn't mean there aren't more, it just means that so far I've only found 1.

That is why I posted the link to the WV code of Laws. An assertion of non-existence can be proven only by examination of the whole universe of discourse. The assertion that these WV laws prohibiting this or that can be proven only by examination of each and all WV laws.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Yep. It's hard to prove something doesn't exist, especially to someone whose uncles, friends, brothers, next door neighbor was once a cop and 'knows about this stuff'. LAw's generally prohibit actions, they don't list what you can do.

The law saying you can open carry is right next to the one that says you can breathe in public. lol

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shallnotbeinfringed View Post
    --snipped--
    The law saying you can open carry is right next to the one that says you can breathe in public. lol
    Simple correction for those demanding a cite showing OC to be legal = holding their breath until one is found demonstrating that it is illegal
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.