• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal Mart and laws

Eddie S Blankenship

I was speaking to friend today and we was talking about OC and CC , That it is illegal to carry into Wal Mart , Reason is 1 It sells Alcohol and 2 There is Banks in them.
Also where can i find a clear referance of the WV OC laws and CC laws
thank you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was speaking to friend today and we was talking about OC and CC , That it is illegal to carry into Wal Mart , Reason is 1 It sells Alcohol and 2 There is Banks in them.
Also where can i find a clear referance of the WV OC laws and CC laws
thank you

You may carry concealed or openly in an establishments that sells and serves alcohol, such as bars and restaurants.
http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=150

http://carsontech.webs.com/Gun Laws/WV Gun Carry Pamphlet 8-23-12.pdf

What does a bank in Wal-Mart have to do with anything?

Shallnotbeinfringed

There is nothing that I could find in the West Virginia Code that prohibits carrying a firearm or deadly weapon into an establishment that sells alcohol, or into a bank or credit union.

Your friend is wrong. There is so much bad information floating around it boggles the mind.

I just now put up my research on the sections of the West Virginia code that relate to firearms (owning, carrying, possessing, etc). While it is not complete, it does provide links to things like the definition of concealed, that you may not carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle without a license and some of the other laws that are on the books.

I've only found 1 instance where open carry is specifically mentioned in WV code. That doesn't mean there aren't more, it just means that so far I've only found 1.

Shallnotbeinfringed

Yep. It's hard to prove something doesn't exist, especially to someone whose uncles, friends, brothers, next door neighbor was once a cop and 'knows about this stuff'. LAw's generally prohibit actions, they don't list what you can do.

The law saying you can open carry is right next to the one that says you can breathe in public. lol

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
The law saying you can open carry is right next to the one that says you can breathe in public. lol
Simple correction for those demanding a cite showing OC to be legal = holding their breath until one is found demonstrating that it is illegal :lol: