Thread: OC in mcdonals...

OC in mcdonals...

I was OCing in bardstown mcdonalds like I always do. The mgr takes my order, sees my gun, informs me that's I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal. I looked up MCD's rules, they say that corporate owned MCD's follow state rules. I got her name, quietly left. Should I call headquarters and request they inform this MCD's on their own policy? I have been OCing for years and have been in there a hundred times. I understand that if she asks me to leave I need to so I dnt get charged with trepass, but she told me its illegal to OC in MCD cause of their policy. Should I drop it or call? BTW aother mgr came up and told her that people OC in there all the time and it was ok.

Centurion
    Are YOU satisfied with the status quo? If yes, then do nothing! If no, then make a decision that in YOUR mind would be most likely to achieve the results YOU with which YOU would be most happy.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Did she say you couldn't come back with or without your firearm?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

+1 with Gutshot and joe. I would call them.

She also must be misinformed. Even if McDonalds did have a policy on firearms, their rules aren't ratified by Congress and are not law. I would have told her that my firearm is just as illegal as the words coming out of her mouth.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Is this McDonalds owned by the Healy family? If so, good luck getting them to listen. The Owingsville McDonalds has a gun buster sign up as well. I talked with them a year or so ago and the sign remains. I called corporate and the woman said "oh, they ain't post to have no guns in the restaurant." So if you wish to talk with a person that sounds like they at best have a 3rd grade education and possibly enjoy smoking crack out of a test tube while on their lunch break, then go for it. But don't be to disappointed when you discover it's a wasted call. But then again maybe several calls will get them to listen. Who knows?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert502 View Post
    I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal.
    As the others have said, either this mental heavyweight manager sincerely believes that a local McDonalds can create laws at any given time, or more than likely she was using a scare tactic on you like so many places do. Example being, I was recently at a King Daughters medical clinic and I noticed they have a posted sign prohibiting all weapons. At the bottom of the sign it reads "per state law KRS 237.xxx" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe anything in chapter 237 makes it illegal to have a gun on hospital property. But the way the sign reads if a person accidentally brings in a hunting knife then you are automatically going to jail for a weapons violation.

Another sign that has nothing to do with weapons but I still found amusing is a sign posted at a shopping center in Mt. Sterling. It reads "no loitering, bicycling on sidewalk, skateboarding, roller blading...KRS 525.090."

525.090 ONLY pertains to Loitering as you can see below. But they like to mislead people into thinking that if you ride a bike down the sidewalk then you have broken a state law.

(1) A person is guilty of loitering when he:
    (a) Loiters or remains in a public place for the purpose of gambling with
    cards, dice or other gambling paraphernalia, except that the provisions of
    this section shall not apply if the person is participating in charitable
    gaming defined by KRS 238.505; or
    (b) Loiters or remains in a public place for the purpose of unlawfully using a
    controlled substance; or
    (c) Loiters or remains in or about a school, college or university building or
    grounds, not having any reason or relationship involving custody of or
    responsibility for a pupil or student or any other specific legitimate reason
    for being there and not having written permission from anyone authorized
    to grant the same; or
    (d) Loiters or remains in any transportation facility, unless specifically
    authorized to do so, for the purpose of soliciting or engaging in any
    business, trade or commercial transactions involving the sale of
    merchandise or services.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

Use the drive by window. Ask the clerk to have the manager come over. When the manager pops by . Give her a 'No guns no money' card and drive away and say 'Goin' to Burger King, need a ride?'

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Another sign that has nothing to do with weapons but I still found amusing is a sign posted at a shopping center in Mt. Sterling. It reads "no loitering, bicycling on sidewalk, skateboarding, roller blading...KRS 525.090." 525.090 ONLY pertains to Loitering as you can see below. But they like to mislead people into thinking that if you ride a bike down the sidewalk then you have broken a state law.
    Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is prohibited illegal in many states, but the prohibition is in the vehicle code.

Again, the problem with asserting the non-existence of some law is the same as for any assertion of non-existence, the truth can only be found in an examination of all of the laws of Kentucky.

§ 74.01 OPERATION OF BICYCLES.
    (A) No person 11 years of age or older shall operate a bicycle on the sidewalks located within the geographical boundary limits of Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government ("Louisville Metro"). Provided, however, no person, regardless of age, shall operate a bicycle on the sidewalks of Louisville Metro within the Downtown Form District, as defined in the Land Development Code for all of Louisville/Jefferson County, Kentucky, as amended.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-17-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Emphasis for the hard of reading.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

i called

As it says, I called the corporate number. Lady sounded helpful and said distract mgrs. would call me and she said that they would discuss the options of maybe some education with me. Dnt know if anything will happen or not, but me or my family will not step foot back into that mcd's until its resolved and they learn the laws. Also, anyone in bardstown, Advance auto doesn't want oc guns in their store. They ask me to leave and explained that guns made ppl nervous. I kindly replied with"Its not really my problem what makes ppl nervous, but I will leave and take my money to autozone. BY the way, the $325 part that was on order for me needs to be canceled. Have a good day."
    The mgr did ask me to take the gun outside or leave, atleast he did it correctly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is prohibited illegal in many states, but the prohibition is in the vehicle code.

Again, the problem with asserting the non-existence of some law is the same as for any assertion of non-existence, the truth can only be found in an examination of all of the laws of Kentucky.
    Not in KY. That's why I said them quoting a state law number on their sign was intentionally misleading. And I'm sure you are aware what you quoted from Louisville is a city ordinance and not a state law.

n.

Gilbert, glad you called, please keepus posted.

Banned
    Order 20 pizzas to their location .... lol

If you are going to send a letter .. do it by snail mail or hand deliver a written letter to them.

No need to give them your email address and get bombarded with ads from a company you may not want to do business with.

Post back with results.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Order 20 pizzas to their location .... lol

If you are going to send a letter .. do it by snail mail or hand deliver a written letter to them.

No need to give them your email address and get bombarded with ads from a company you may not want to do business with.

Post back with results.
    Why must you make useless comments like that in our sub-forum, don't you have a social lounge to troll and inflate your post count with?
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert502 View Post
    I was OCing in bardstown mcdonalds like I always do. The mgr takes my order, sees my gun, informs me that's I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal. I looked up MCD's rules, they say that corporate owned MCD's follow state rules. I got her name, quietly left. Should I call headquarters and request they inform this MCD's on their own policy? I have been OCing for years and have been in there a hundred times. I understand that if she asks me to leave I need to so I dnt get charged with trepass, but she told me its illegal to OC in MCD cause of their policy. Should I drop it or call? BTW aother mgr came up and told her that people OC in there all the time and it was ok.
    I'm confused. Is it OK for that store, or is not OK with only one of the managers. I think a different approach is required, find out who is in charge at that store and ask he/she, then proceed based on that information. If it is the anti-gun "manager" then your course is set, Burger King makes better burgers anyway. If it is he, well, Burger King still makes better burgers, but you now have the dilemma of Micky Ds or His Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Why must you make useless comments like that in our sub-forum, don't you have a social lounge to troll and inflate your post count with?
    +1

That is what he does. Kinda like belly button lint, we know it exists, we just don't know why it exists.

still havn't been back

No response from anyone except a tacky email saying the value all customers. I have a family member that works there. She said the talked to the Mgr, and said I acted silly by calling on her. Mgr ask "whats the difference in someone coming in with a ak47 and him having a gun on his leg?" Family said the new store mgr is considering a No guns sign for the store.

I could not agree more with you, Drake! This "gentleman" and I use that term loosely, only posts garbage replies with half rear-ended remarks that generally have NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread at hand. And he does this just to inflate his post count here!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Banned

"our sub forum"? Whose sub forum would that be dweeb?

Go shove some horse manure ....

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    I could not agree more with you, Drake! This "gentleman" and I use that term loosely, only posts garbage replies with half rear-ended remarks that generally have NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread at hand. And he does this just to inflate his post count here!
    The way I deal with his type is so simple. I no longer can see anything he has to say. Live is far too short, to waste one
    minute reading drivel.

I'm just down the road from Bardstown. Anyone want to go grab an egg mcmuffin with me?
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine