• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in mcdonals...

gilbert502

I was OCing in bardstown mcdonalds like I always do. The mgr takes my order, sees my gun, informs me that's I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal. I looked up MCD's rules, they say that corporate owned MCD's follow state rules. I got her name, quietly left. Should I call headquarters and request they inform this MCD's on their own policy? I have been OCing for years and have been in there a hundred times. I understand that if she asks me to leave I need to so I dnt get charged with trepass, but she told me its illegal to OC in MCD cause of their policy. Should I drop it or call? BTW aother mgr came up and told her that people OC in there all the time and it was ok.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Are YOU satisfied with the status quo? If yes, then do nothing! If no, then make a decision that in YOUR mind would be most likely to achieve the results YOU with which YOU would be most happy.

langzaiguy

She also must be misinformed. Even if McDonalds did have a policy on firearms, their rules aren't ratified by Congress and are not law. I would have told her that my firearm is just as illegal as the words coming out of her mouth.

self preservation

Is this McDonalds owned by the Healy family? If so, good luck getting them to listen. The Owingsville McDonalds has a gun buster sign up as well. I talked with them a year or so ago and the sign remains. I called corporate and the woman said "oh, they ain't post to have no guns in the restaurant." So if you wish to talk with a person that sounds like they at best have a 3rd grade education and possibly enjoy smoking crack out of a test tube while on their lunch break, then go for it. But don't be to disappointed when you discover it's a wasted call. But then again maybe several calls will get them to listen. Who knows?

self preservation

I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal.

As the others have said, either this mental heavyweight manager sincerely believes that a local McDonalds can create laws at any given time, or more than likely she was using a scare tactic on you like so many places do. Example being, I was recently at a King Daughters medical clinic and I noticed they have a posted sign prohibiting all weapons. At the bottom of the sign it reads "per state law KRS 237.xxx" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe anything in chapter 237 makes it illegal to have a gun on hospital property. But the way the sign reads if a person accidentally brings in a hunting knife then you are automatically going to jail for a weapons violation.

Another sign that has nothing to do with weapons but I still found amusing is a sign posted at a shopping center in Mt. Sterling. It reads "no loitering, bicycling on sidewalk, skateboarding, roller blading...KRS 525.090."

525.090 ONLY pertains to Loitering as you can see below. But they like to mislead people into thinking that if you ride a bike down the sidewalk then you have broken a state law.

(1) A person is guilty of loitering when he:
(a) Loiters or remains in a public place for the purpose of gambling with
cards, dice or other gambling paraphernalia, except that the provisions of
this section shall not apply if the person is participating in charitable
gaming defined by KRS 238.505; or
(b) Loiters or remains in a public place for the purpose of unlawfully using a
controlled substance; or
(c) Loiters or remains in or about a school, college or university building or
grounds, not having any reason or relationship involving custody of or
responsibility for a pupil or student or any other specific legitimate reason
for being there and not having written permission from anyone authorized
to grant the same; or
(d) Loiters or remains in any transportation facility, unless specifically
authorized to do so, for the purpose of soliciting or engaging in any
business, trade or commercial transactions involving the sale of
merchandise or services.

Maverick9

Use the drive by window. Ask the clerk to have the manager come over. When the manager pops by . Give her a 'No guns no money' card and drive away and say 'Goin' to Burger King, need a ride?'

gilbert502

i called

As it says, I called the corporate number. Lady sounded helpful and said distract mgrs. would call me and she said that they would discuss the options of maybe some education with me. Dnt know if anything will happen or not, but me or my family will not step foot back into that mcd's until its resolved and they learn the laws. Also, anyone in bardstown, Advance auto doesn't want oc guns in their store. They ask me to leave and explained that guns made ppl nervous. I kindly replied with"Its not really my problem what makes ppl nervous, but I will leave and take my money to autozone. BY the way, the $325 part that was on order for me needs to be canceled. Have a good day."
The mgr did ask me to take the gun outside or leave, atleast he did it correctly I guess.

self preservation

Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is prohibited illegal in many states, but the prohibition is in the vehicle code.

Again, the problem with asserting the non-existence of some law is the same as for any assertion of non-existence, the truth can only be found in an examination of all of the laws of Kentucky.

Not in KY. That's why I said them quoting a state law number on their sign was intentionally misleading. And I'm sure you are aware what you quoted from Louisville is a city ordinance and not a state law.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Order 20 pizzas to their location .... lol

If you are going to send a letter .. do it by snail mail or hand deliver a written letter to them.

No need to give them your email address and get bombarded with ads from a company you may not want to do business with.

Post back with results.

DrakeZ07

Order 20 pizzas to their location .... lol

If you are going to send a letter .. do it by snail mail or hand deliver a written letter to them.

No need to give them your email address and get bombarded with ads from a company you may not want to do business with.

Post back with results.

Why must you make useless comments like that in our sub-forum, don't you have a social lounge to troll and inflate your post count with?

OC for ME

I was OCing in bardstown mcdonalds like I always do. The mgr takes my order, sees my gun, informs me that's I CAN'T OC in there cause its illegal. I looked up MCD's rules, they say that corporate owned MCD's follow state rules. I got her name, quietly left. Should I call headquarters and request they inform this MCD's on their own policy? I have been OCing for years and have been in there a hundred times. I understand that if she asks me to leave I need to so I dnt get charged with trepass, but she told me its illegal to OC in MCD cause of their policy. Should I drop it or call? BTW aother mgr came up and told her that people OC in there all the time and it was ok.
I'm confused. Is it OK for that store, or is not OK with only one of the managers. I think a different approach is required, find out who is in charge at that store and ask he/she, then proceed based on that information. If it is the anti-gun "manager" then your course is set, Burger King makes better burgers anyway. If it is he, well, Burger King still makes better burgers, but you now have the dilemma of Micky Ds or His Majesty.

gilbert502

still havn't been back

No response from anyone except a tacky email saying the value all customers. I have a family member that works there. She said the talked to the Mgr, and said I acted silly by calling on her. Mgr ask "whats the difference in someone coming in with a ak47 and him having a gun on his leg?" Family said the new store mgr is considering a No guns sign for the store.

neuroblades

Why must you make useless comments like that in our sub-forum, don't you have a social lounge to troll and inflate your post count with?

I could not agree more with you, Drake! This "gentleman" and I use that term loosely, only posts garbage replies with half rear-ended remarks that generally have NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread at hand. And he does this just to inflate his post count here!

56brd

I could not agree more with you, Drake! This "gentleman" and I use that term loosely, only posts garbage replies with half rear-ended remarks that generally have NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread at hand. And he does this just to inflate his post count here!

The way I deal with his type is so simple. I no longer can see anything he has to say. Live is far too short, to waste one
minute reading drivel.