Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: Why in large numbers? Why with so many video cameras rolling?

  1. #1
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318

    Why in large numbers? Why with so many video cameras rolling?

    This is why. This took place following a CATI (Come and Take It) walk in Arlington in which there were about 79ish participants who walked for, unless I'm mistaken, a couple of hours unmolested by "law enforcement." As soon as the members disperse a few are "singled out" for a little handcuffing and harassment. The police receive a call, show up, handcuff the men, then try to convince the manager of Home Depot to file a trespass notice against them. The manager refused. Who called? It is unknown to me at this time, but what I've been told suggests it was not an employee of the store.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Advocate freedom please

  2. #2
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    This is why. This took place following a CATI (Come and Take It) walk in Arlington in which there were about 79ish participants who walked for, unless I'm mistaken, a couple of hours unmolested by "law enforcement." As soon as the members disperse a few are "singled out" for a little handcuffing and harassment. The police receive a call, show up, handcuff the men, then try to convince the manager of Home Depot to file a trespass notice against them. The manager refused. Who called? It is unknown to me at this time, but what I've been told suggests it was not an employee of the store.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.

  3. #3
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.
    Practically everything in your post is incorrect, precisely why you are on my ignore list. Don't expect me to read or respond to any more of your posts.
    Advocate freedom please

  4. #4
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Practically everything in your post is incorrect, precisely why you are on my ignore list. Don't expect me to read or respond to any more of your posts.
    Practically? There was two assumptions. It was OCing LR... based on the fact the dude has a rifle SLUNG on his shoulder. Baiting police... based on the event was called COME AND TAKE IT. Who are they telling that to? Aliens?

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Not another moderator wannabe, must not be cutting it on the force...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    OCing rifles and baiting Police...
    Texas has no practical legal option for OC'ing a modern sidearm.

    If the cops can tell this is so blatantly bait, WHY ARE THEY BITING?
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-17-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Practically? There was two assumptions. It was OCing LR... based on the fact the dude has a rifle SLUNG on his shoulder. Baiting police... based on the event was called COME AND TAKE IT. Who are they telling that to? Aliens?
    Your errors are egregious and indicate willful ignorance. You're just shooting blindly with no care to how your words are baseless and unjustly defaming, and I find it offensively reckless. Come and Take It is a slogan older than Texas itself. It is a huge part of Texas history, heritage and culture. To interpret it as a literal challenge to police is absolutely idiotic.

    You are also incorrect that this is not relevant to the forum. The forums rules explicitly exempt this thread from the prohibition on discussion of long gun open carry.

    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
    Advocate freedom please

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.
    No such thing as "baiting police".

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not another moderator wannabe, must not be cutting it on the force...
    lol only if you knew

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    No such thing as "baiting police".
    I agree, thugs cannot be baited, it is in their nature to be criminals.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Your errors are egregious and indicate willful ignorance. You're just shooting blindly with no care to how your words are baseless and unjustly defaming, and I find it offensively reckless. Come and Take It is a slogan older than Texas itself. It is a huge part of Texas history, heritage and culture. To interpret it as a literal challenge to police is absolutely idiotic.

    You are also incorrect that this is not relevant to the forum. The forums rules explicitly exempt this thread from the prohibition on discussion of long gun open carry.

    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
    Stand corrected on being not appropriate. I appreciate the correction, was not aware of the exception.

    So your asserting that Come and Take It was not referring to their firearms? And your asserting it was not towards the police? Your issue is you just can't accept some guys bait and then get bit. You also can't even admit it when it's right in front of you. Just say it is and move on like everyone else has and does.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Texas has no practical legal option for OC'ing a modern sidearm.

    If the cops can tell this is so blatantly bait, WHY ARE THEY BITING?
    At least someone else sees it as blatantly baiting. Don't know why they are biting don't work with them and didn't even watch the video.

    I agree, depending on the circumstances they maybe should have just moved along. Especially since they knew they were being baited. Or maybe they didn't, I don't pretend to know.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I agree, thugs cannot be baited, it is in their nature to be criminals.
    Cute.

    But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

    Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    At least someone else sees it as blatantly baiting....
    My apologies. I did not watch the video.

    Take my "if" to mean not only if it was blatant, but if the cops could tell. And if it was blatantly obvious, then one would expect the cops to be able to tell, no?

    And if not blatantly anything, there should have been no contact beyond observation until whatever it was was apparent.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  15. #15
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Cute.

    But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

    Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.
    It is not your place to play moderator, your status whatever that is in your mind means nothing here. I know it is tough blow, but that is just too bad. Continue and we will continue to make fun of you.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  16. #16
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    For the record, I did jsut check the Come and Take It slogan.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it

    Must say it's pretty cool. Started in Georgia, then used in Texas Revolution from those pesky Mexicans.

    It does reinforce my assertion that it was obviously referring to the .gov taking their firearms. Anyone who tries to interpret it as just a piece of history they happen to like, is a fool. The reason it was used in the TR was referring to the Mexicans taking their cannon (arms). So it is obviously seen as a modern day slogan for our arms being taken from the .gov (police). Oh well, it's a cool slogan and I like it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It is not your place to play moderator, your status whatever that is in your mind means nothing here. I know it is tough blow, but that is just too bad. Continue and we will continue to make fun of you.
    Well when you have kids trashing the house (not everyone who has posted so far, only some) it's up to an adult to step in and say knock it off making us all look bad.

    There is no blow nevermind a tough one. Your just wasting space with words that mean little by trying to bash or "make fun" of me. I'm not worth the space on this forum to be made fun of, but I'm glad you think otherwise. If by "we" you mean, you and yourself, then I guess you can keep making fun. Not many other guys stoop so low as you do. Some guys take shots (to include myself when pushed), but you just seem to like to follow around and take shots.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    For the record, I did jsut check the Come and Take It slogan.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it

    Must say it's pretty cool. Started in Georgia, then used in Texas Revolution from those pesky Mexicans.

    It does reinforce my assertion that it was obviously referring to the .gov taking their firearms...
    That was cool. It was very interesting that the cannon in question was actually provided by the Mexicans when they were allies. It doesn't appear to have been a sale, so perhaps the Mexicans still had a legitimate claim to it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Well when you have kids trashing the house (not everyone who has posted so far, only some) it's up to an adult to step in and say knock it off making us all look bad.

    There is no blow nevermind a tough one. Your just wasting space with words that mean little by trying to bash or "make fun" of me. I'm not worth the space on this forum to be made fun of, but I'm glad you think otherwise. If by "we" you mean, you and yourself, then I guess you can keep making fun. Not many other guys stoop so low as you do. Some guys take shots (to include myself when pushed), but you just seem to like to follow around and take shots.
    I don't consider a wannabe a adult, especially one that is clearly a racist. That said it is still not your place who is on this site.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  20. #20
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That was cool. It was very interesting that the cannon in question was actually provided by the Mexicans when they were allies. It doesn't appear to have been a sale, so perhaps the Mexicans still had a legitimate claim to it.
    Yea I honestly didn't know that was where it came from. Even the flag they have posted on that page is pretty bad a**. I'd rock the shirt if I could find one.

    I'm a big fan of history and I actually think it's cool they are using the link all over again. Your right it seems the Mexicans may have just been trying to get property back and they wouldn't let them.

  21. #21
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Cute.

    But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

    Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.
    What is the point of this thread? Here's some reasons. One, the answer the first question (Why in large numbers?). Second, the answer the second question (Why so many camera's rolling?). Third, to show OCT members conducting themselves professionally and respectfully. I see that your first exposure to the group was of a highly controversial and highly emotional issue and perhaps I shouldn't have expected you to learn about the history of the issue, and of the group, before drawing conclusions. This is an example of members who are not breaking the law, are confronted by police, detained, handcuffed, and still remain professional, respectful and cordial. That you'd comment slanderously without even watching the video is despicable, in my opinion.

    Is there some legal question we are discussing? Not necessarily, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them to the best of my ability, with the disclaimer that I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice.

    Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? If you are in Texas, yes. If you aren't in Texas, then perhaps only indirectly.

    The group does not propagate an us vs. them mentality. There have been plenty of encounters with police officers which were nothing more than a passing hi and bye. Would you like to see some of those videos? I'd be happy to search for them for you and post links in this thread.

    If it is your opinion that there is nothing of substance to discuss here, please feel free to stop posting in this thread and focus on other threads which you find more suitable to your tastes.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-17-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  22. #22
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I agree, thugs cannot be baited, it is in their nature to be criminals.

    Old saying "You can't con a honest man".

    I am awaiting double knee replacement and have trouble getting around, so have been watching
    "Bait Car" episodes. I have yet to see a person with no criminal record "take the bait".
    Last edited by F350; 11-18-2013 at 01:12 AM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Old saying "You can't con a honest man".

    I am awaiting double knee replacement and have trouble getting around, so have been watching
    "Bait Car" episodes. I have yet to see a person with no criminal record "take the bait".
    Funny how police "baiting" people is seen as a service to society but LACs' "baiting" of the bad apples within the LE community is portrayed as being borderline criminal.

    Don't get me wrong, I've met a few cops who I actually respect (as opposed to merely showing "polite respect" of courtesy), but I do believe there should be a big push to weed out the individuals possessed by a narcissistic complex or an over active trigger finger.

    Maybe laws requiring cameras on all LEOs? After all, if they have nothing to hide...
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-18-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Funny how police "baiting" people is seen as a service to society but LACs' "baiting" of the bad apples within the LE community is portrayed as being borderline criminal.

    Don't get me wrong, I've met a few cops who I actually respect (as opposed to merely showing "polite respect" of courtesy), but I do believe there should be a big push to weed out the individuals possessed by a narcissistic complex or an over active trigger finger.

    Maybe laws requiring cameras on all LEOs? After all, if they have nothing to hide...
    Most police officers who I have known and worked with are good people~~but the overbearing control complex bad apples have to go, if that means baiting them, then so be it.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Again, there is no such thing as "baiting police". If people want to talk entrapment, then make that argument; but I assure you, activities of LACs could never be considered entrapment.

    I have never seen a defense of entrapment that made the case a winner for the defense in any 42 USC 1983 cases ... if you have one to cite, please do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •