• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why in large numbers? Why with so many video cameras rolling?

stealthyeliminator

Cute.

But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.

What is the point of this thread? Here's some reasons. One, the answer the first question (Why in large numbers?). Second, the answer the second question (Why so many camera's rolling?). Third, to show OCT members conducting themselves professionally and respectfully. I see that your first exposure to the group was of a highly controversial and highly emotional issue and perhaps I shouldn't have expected you to learn about the history of the issue, and of the group, before drawing conclusions. This is an example of members who are not breaking the law, are confronted by police, detained, handcuffed, and still remain professional, respectful and cordial. That you'd comment slanderously without even watching the video is despicable, in my opinion.

Is there some legal question we are discussing? Not necessarily, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them to the best of my ability, with the disclaimer that I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice.

Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? If you are in Texas, yes. If you aren't in Texas, then perhaps only indirectly.

The group does not propagate an us vs. them mentality. There have been plenty of encounters with police officers which were nothing more than a passing hi and bye. Would you like to see some of those videos? I'd be happy to search for them for you and post links in this thread.

If it is your opinion that there is nothing of substance to discuss here, please feel free to stop posting in this thread and focus on other threads which you find more suitable to your tastes.

Last edited:

F350

I agree, thugs cannot be baited, it is in their nature to be criminals.

Old saying "You can't con a honest man".

I am awaiting double knee replacement and have trouble getting around, so have been watching
"Bait Car" episodes. I have yet to see a person with no criminal record "take the bait".

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Old saying "You can't con a honest man".

I am awaiting double knee replacement and have trouble getting around, so have been watching
"Bait Car" episodes. I have yet to see a person with no criminal record "take the bait".

Funny how police "baiting" people is seen as a service to society but LACs' "baiting" of the bad apples within the LE community is portrayed as being borderline criminal.

Don't get me wrong, I've met a few cops who I actually respect (as opposed to merely showing "polite respect" of courtesy), but I do believe there should be a big push to weed out the individuals possessed by a narcissistic complex or an over active trigger finger.

Maybe laws requiring cameras on all LEOs? After all, if they have nothing to hide...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Funny how police "baiting" people is seen as a service to society but LACs' "baiting" of the bad apples within the LE community is portrayed as being borderline criminal.

Don't get me wrong, I've met a few cops who I actually respect (as opposed to merely showing "polite respect" of courtesy), but I do believe there should be a big push to weed out the individuals possessed by a narcissistic complex or an over active trigger finger.

Maybe laws requiring cameras on all LEOs? After all, if they have nothing to hide...:rolleyes:

Most police officers who I have known and worked with are good people~~but the overbearing control complex bad apples have to go, if that means baiting them, then so be it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Again, there is no such thing as "baiting police". If people want to talk entrapment, then make that argument; but I assure you, activities of LACs could never be considered entrapment.

I have never seen a defense of entrapment that made the case a winner for the defense in any 42 USC 1983 cases ... if you have one to cite, please do.

OC for ME

It is obvious that the cops know that LGOC is lawful else the cops would have cuffed all of the LGOCers when they were in one convenient location, during the walk. I wonder if the claim of a MWAG call is a legitimate claim or a made-up on the spot claim by the cops. Is there any way to confirm the validity of the call?

Baked on Grease

It is obvious that the cops know that LGOC is lawful else the cops would have cuffed all of the LGOCers when they were in one convenient location, during the walk. I wonder if the claim of a MWAG call is a legitimate claim or a made-up on the spot claim by the cops. Is there any way to confirm the validity of the call?

Only way I know is to FIOA all communications both 911 and non emergency and radio traffic etc that would have happened during and somehwat after the event.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

rushcreek2

The 1871 Reconstruction handgun prohibition was enacted under the perception that CONCEALED handguns, Bowie knives, and clubs were vestiges of the criminally inclined within society.

The 1871 Disarmament Act was marketed with the understanding that the carry of rifles, and shotguns would not be so restricted. They were not......and they still.....are not .....

This is WHY the OCT efforts are accentuating this distinction ...in order to bring to the attention of the high powers of the State .....THE LAW.

Last edited:

half_life1052

The video picks up mid stop but I get the impression from the initial conversation that the OCT members were snatched up as they arrived but before they could join whatever function they were going to attend. IE they weren't grabbed as they were leaving but as they arrived. I could be wrong about this though. It would seem that the officer was "summoned" by a "concerned citizen". I have a problem with that given typical response times in most cities. 7 or 8 minutes is plenty of time for a group to gather to talk and be about their way before an officer could show up. It seems more like the officer was near or already on scene when the group arrived.

I must protest about the term "baiting" being used at all. In that case anyone who is lawfully carrying a pistol openly is also baiting. Is that the logic I am to understand?

While we are on the subject and it is now made clear to me that discussing long arm OC is on topic for the Texas forum, why would anyone in their right mind prefer that I not carry my pistol in favor of my rifle? I personally am an average shot with a pistol giving me an outside effective range of about 25-35 feet. With my FNAR however I can reach many hundreds of yards without difficulty.

I will be in Austin Wednesday and Thursday of this week. If all goes well I will be moving down permanently by January.

notalawyer

The video picks up mid stop but I get the impression from the initial conversation that the OCT members were snatched up as they arrived but before they could join whatever function they were going to attend. IE they weren't grabbed as they were leaving but as they arrived. I could be wrong about this though. It would seem that the officer was "summoned" by a "concerned citizen". I have a problem with that given typical response times in most cities. 7 or 8 minutes is plenty of time for a group to gather to talk and be about their way before an officer could show up. It seems more like the officer was near or already on scene when the group arrived.

I must protest about the term "baiting" being used at all. In that case anyone who is lawfully carrying a pistol openly is also baiting. Is that the logic I am to understand?

While we are on the subject and it is now made clear to me that discussing long arm OC is on topic for the Texas forum, why would anyone in their right mind prefer that I not carry my pistol in favor of my rifle? I personally am an average shot with a pistol giving me an outside effective range of about 25-35 feet. With my FNAR however I can reach many hundreds of yards without difficulty.

I will be in Austin Wednesday and Thursday of this week. If all goes well I will be moving down permanently by January.

Weren't paying attention while watching the video were you? :uhoh:

stealthyeliminator

Just to clarify, they had just (I don't know the exact timing) arrived at Home Depot, but it was after the open carry walk event. I honestly have no idea how much took place before this camera comes on but I imagine it was not much. I too am curious about the timing of the events leading up to this video starting. More details may emerge.

Last edited:

notalawyer

Maybe I was allowing for errors in my understanding. Humility, you should look it up. Study it a little.

Well, my comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek as the situation was made very clear in the video.

But if you have significant hearing loss or a problem understanding the spoken English language, or suffer from some form of ADD, please accept my sincerest apologies.

If not - Bugger Off! Pay attention next time, it's really not that hard - Study it, practice it. :cool:

stealthyeliminator

Guys, civility please :) The audio in the video is terrible, only a very small amount of the audio can be understood (at least by me), I can completely understand if parts were missed or misunderstood

I tried turning up the volume during one part of the video, and then the wind blew :lol: almost blew my speaker, or eardrum, one or the other

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.
Nope.
Just as the courts have ruled you can't bait an honest man, but only those with malice in their hearts; you can't bait an honest cop into doing something unconstitutional by legal behavior.

half_life1052

Well, my comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek as the situation was made very clear in the video.

But if you have significant hearing loss or a problem understanding the spoken English language, or suffer from some form of ADD, please accept my sincerest apologies.

If not - Bugger Off! Pay attention next time, it's really not that hard - Study it, practice it. :cool:

What is this? You start the brawl with you sense of "humor" then have the gall to try and take the high road? Follow your own advice.

OC for ME

Demanding that someone "bugger off" is not taking the highroad.....not even close. His "apology" was not an apology. Not only is notalawyer, not a lawyer, he is not a civil discourse devotee.

half_life1052

Not only do you fail to comprehend humor, you also fail miserably at detecting sarcasm. :p

Would that be "notalawyer" or "notagraduate"? Your first post was intended to insult me. Each post since then has been attempting to deny that initial intent while continuing to goad. I am left to believe that you are probably a pimply-faced boy who is enjoying hiding behind a keyboard. This conversation has gone too far already and I won't be responding to you anymore.

bye