Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self defense shooting at Fred Meyer in Bremerton

Self defense shooting at Fred Meyer in Bremerton

Just now hearing about this.
    Cant find much info.
    Dont know if my link will load.

1 shot, 1 arrested in East Bremerton Fred Meyer shootingPublished 11/12/2013 at 8:46 p.m. 0 comments A 35-year-old Bremerton man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with two gunshot wounds following a confrontation Tuesday afternoon near the gas pumps at the East Bremerton Fred Meyer

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/news/l...#ixzz2ky9eMvtF
    Follow us: @KitsapSun on Twitter | KitsapNews on Facebook

FUQ...

EAST BREMERTON — A confrontation turned violent Tuesday afternoon in the Fred Meyer parking lot, where Kitsap County sheriff’s deputies say a 40-year-old man opened fire on a 35-year-old man near the store’s gas pumps.

The 35-year-old, of Bremerton, was rushed to Tacoma General Hospital with gunshot wounds to the arm and neck, deputies said at the scene. His condition is unknown.

The 40-year-old, whose hometown has not been released, has been booked into Kitsap County Jail for first-degree assault, with bail set at $500,000.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/n...#ixzz2kyAlDTco

Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-24-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Formatting & reduced to FUQ
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Just now hearing about this.
    Cant find much info.
    Dont know if my link will load.

1 shot, 1 arrested in East Bremerton Fred Meyer shootingPublished 11/12/2013 at 8:46 p.m. 0 comments A 35-year-old Bremerton man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with two gunshot wounds following a confrontation Tuesday afternoon near the gas pumps at the East Bremerton Fred Meyer

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/news/l...#ixzz2ky9eMvtF

Seattle times says Mr. Gunn was arrested and taken to jail and Mr Blaed is at Tacoma general

so what we know...

The shooter is angry white male. probably a romney voter with a small penis who took a deadly high capacity assault pistol to the grocery store after seeing a crosshair graphic on Sarah Palin's website. probably been to a few TEA party rallies and thinks the NSA is listening to him at all times, so he pointed his assault pistol at an innocent guy and shot him, he's probably claiming stand your ground as we speak and he'll get off....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 11-17-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

AFFlier writes:

A coworker of mine stoped off at the nearby Pizza Hut just after the shooting. He asked a Pizza Delivery guy what happened. The Pizza Hut guy said that he saw two guys arguing in the parking lot. The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired.

I wasn't there so I don't know...but it sure sounds different in this latest version of the story.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/n...#ixzz2kyF4l5Dg
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

...The Pizza Hut guy said that he saw two guys arguing in the parking lot. The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired.

I wasn't there so I don't know...but it sure sounds different in this latest version of the story...
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    ...Early reports over the police radio that there was a knife involved in the incident have not been substantiated by the Sheriff’s Office. Kitsap County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Dickinson said he’d not been briefed by detectives that a knife was involved...

...Detectives still are investigating the case. Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Kitsap County sheriff’s detective Lissa Gundrum at 360-337-5669...
    Sounds like the Pizza Hut man needs to tell the cops what he saw.
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

More info,,,

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Seattle times says Mr. Gunn was arrested and taken to jail and Mr Blaed is at Tacoma general

so what we know...

The shooter is angry white male. probably a romney voter with a small penis who took a deadly high capacity assault pistol to the grocery store after seeing a crosshair graphic on Sarah Palin's website. probably been to a few TEA party rallies and thinks the NSA is listening to him at all times, so he pointed his assault pistol at an innocent guy and shot him, he's probably claiming stand your ground as we speak and he'll get off....
    You coulda put in some smily faces here...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    AFFlier writes:

A coworker of mine stoped off at the nearby Pizza Hut just after the shooting. He asked a Pizza Delivery guy what happened. The Pizza Hut guy said that he saw two guys arguing in the parking lot. The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired.

I wasn't there so I don't know...but it sure sounds different in this latest version of the story.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/n...#ixzz2kyF4l5Dg
    FUQ from the Link above...

PORT ORCHARD — A judge Wednesday ordered a Bremerton man held on $1 million bail following a Tuesday afternoon shooting in the parking lot of the East Bremerton Fred Meyer that left a 35-year-old man seriously wounded.

Kitsap County prosecutors charged Robert Matthew Ostaszewski, 40, with first-degree assault in the case, according to documents filed Wednesday in Kitsap CountyDistrict Court .

The victim, who was shot in the neck and arm, is expected to survive, according toKitsap County sheriff’s detectives.

Witnesses reported gunshots about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Fred Meyer parking lot, near the gas pumps.

According to authorities, the shooting victim said he was in his car with a companion in the store’s parking lot and saw the alleged shooter videotaping him from a van.

The victim said he went into the store and returned to his car, and he saw the same man filming him, although the van had moved.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/n...#ixzz2kyi0zNri
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-24-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Formatting & FUQ
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired.
    If the 'victim' pulled a knife and advanced with it, then he's not any sort of victim, he's the aggressor in a first degree assault. The victim would then be the guy who shot him.

Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    If the 'victim' pulled a knife and advanced with it, then he's not any sort of victim, he's the aggressor in a first degree assault. The victim would then be the guy who shot him.
    Thanks for the backup!!!

I have been explaining this simple truth to some folks,,
    it is hard to get through to some of them,
    You would never be able to get through
    to the thick heads in the News business or talking heads on the TV,
    that the shooter was the Victim,
    of an aggressive attacker,
    who was guilty of assault!!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Hope to see some clarification on this AND a lot more information.

One million dollar bail would be inconsistent with a good defensive shoot.

Reserving judgement.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I was going through the comments on a news article and found that pizza hut comment.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Reserving judgement.
    Notice it was on the prosecutors recommendation. A sad symptom of how they have way too much power and the ear of the judge.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

One would think that Fred Meyer might have something on their surveillance tapes.

Reserving judgement.
    Yup, hard to know whos in the right

Reserving judgement.
    Agreed. Too early to tell, everything is too vague to pass judgement.

If it all occurred at a gas station/gas pump, you'd have to be really lucky (or really unlucky, again, too early to tell) not to be somewhere on camera. Ninja hiding skills.

Humph,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    FUQ from that link...

Surreptitious videotaping led to shooting at Bremerton store

Posted by John de Leon

The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says yesterday’s shooting at the East Bremerton Fred Meyer stemmed from the alleged gunman surreptitiously videotaping the victim and his girlfriend.

The victim, 35, is homeless and lives in his vehicle with his girlfriend, the Sheriff’s Office said. The couple had gone to the store yesterday and as they were walking out they noticed that a man was in a parked van and videotaping them with some sort of recording device, the Sheriff’s Office said.

The victim approached the man to ask why he was videotaping him. However, he told deputies the man in the van pulled out a gun and shot him in the neck, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Seems the OFFICIAL reports dont mention the alleged report from a witness...

--Moderator statement--
    Fair use quote does not mean posting the entire article except for the last sentence - have reduced the quoted content here.
    Read the entire atricle via the link to the source.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-19-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Formatting & reduced to FUQ

This does not make any sense.....

This does not make any sense.....
    We are only hearing the side of the homeless man. The shooter (innocent or guilty) has wisely kept his mouth 100% shut.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    We are only hearing the side of the homeless man. The shooter (innocent or guilty) has wisely kept his mouth 100% shut.
    Agree - let his attorney speak for him.

Also if he continued the video recording, hopefully with audio that should clear up a lot......one way or the other.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

This link seems slightly newer than the last, mentions the one who was shot, did indeed have a knife. Bail now at $500K.
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...ea-fred-meyer/

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by larrynjr View Post
    This link seems slightly newer than the last, mentions the one who was shot, did indeed have a knife. Bail now at $500K.
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...ea-fred-meyer/
    Well, now new at all, but the knife is included..

November 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    Man shot during fight outside Bremerton-area Fred Meyer

Posted by Christine Clarridge

Satellite

A man was shot this afternoon during a fight in a grocery store parking lot in East Bremerton, according to police.
    Bremerton police said two men got into an argument in the parking lot outside the Fred Meyer store near Northeast Riddell Road and Wheaton Way at about 2:30 p.m.. A 35-year-old Bremerton man was armed with a knife and the other had a gun, police said.
    Witnesses said they heard several shots being fired from the area, which the man with the knife ran away from after sustaining gunshot wounds to his neck and arm, according to the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office

ETA to wonder, how much Fair Use Quote
    is TOO much?

ETA to wonder, how much Fair Use Quote is TOO much?
    That is at the discretion of the rights holder.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

--snipped--
    ETA to wonder, how much Fair Use Quote
    is TOO much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That is at the discretion of the rights holder.
    Also at the direction/request of OCDO administration.

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS:
    We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

FUQ on OCDO is intended to be limited to short/partial excerpt, not a full reprint of the article.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.

FUQ from that link...

Surreptitious videotaping led to shooting at Bremerton store

Posted by John de Leon

The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says yesterday’s shooting at the East Bremerton Fred Meyer stemmed from the alleged gunman surreptitiously videotaping the victim and his girlfriend.

The victim, 35, is homeless and lives in his vehicle with his girlfriend, the Sheriff’s Office said. The couple had gone to the store yesterday and as they were walking out they noticed that a man was in a parked van and videotaping them with some sort of recording device, the Sheriff’s Office said.

The victim approached the man to ask why he was videotaping him. However, he told deputies the man in the van pulled out a gun and shot him in the neck, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Seems the OFFICIAL reports dont mention the alleged report from a witness...

So he didn't like being video taped and confronted the guy about it and got shot. It says "armed with knife", just means it could have been in his pocket. Any other details?

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    So he didn't like being video taped and confronted the guy about it and got shot. It says "armed with knife", just means it could have been in his pocket. Any other details?
    See post #3:

"A coworker of mine stoped off at the nearby Pizza Hut just after the shooting. He asked a Pizza Delivery guy what happened. The Pizza Hut guy said that he saw two guys arguing in the parking lot. The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired."

No confirmation yet though.

shooting still a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Alsherry View Post
    Agreed. Too early to tell, everything is too vague to pass judgement.

If it all occurred at a gas station/gas pump, you'd have to be really lucky (or really unlucky, again, too early to tell) not to be somewhere on camera. Ninja hiding skills.
    Hi all, this is an interesting story. Since the initial reports, which included alleged shooter defending himself against a knife attack, then no mention of knife in subsequent reports, then the "victim" and his girlfriend become victim and his companion, etc. Lots of changes in the breaking story, which happens, and then nothing except a follow-up story about the alleged shooter making bail. Most stories would include the name of the victim, what police found on the video camera the alleged shooter was using to film the victim, what the parking lot video showed, as Alsherry mentioned. Makes me wonder if this story has been squashed by local authorities for some reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast