• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arlington, VA Staples goes Gun Free

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The "contact us" link above does not work unless you have an order number. :(

The "contact us" link above is only for communications about a specific order.

A little research on their web site reveals they have something called "StaplesSoul" which is where they interface with the community. That's the place, apparently, to address issues. The contact with them about this is staplessoul@staples.com .

stay safe.

Marco

Dear Managers/Owners,

A friend on mine noticed your Arlington, VA store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I take my right to personal protection very seriously. My wife and I are fairly new to the area and are law abiding citizens who up until this today had planned on visiting your store. However, we refuse to spend our hard earned money patronizing any establishment that denies our right and personal choice to carry a firearm.
When a business actively forbids the lawful from carrying firearms they are telling criminals they are welcomed inside and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers or employees inside, entering or leaving said store.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are.
While the Arlington area is fairly safe no area is truly safe and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies such as yours puts customers and employees at great risk, in my humble opinion.

Please let me know if/when you decide to change your policy to allow lawful carriers inside so we may become customers.
I will request that organizations that post the names of company's that are anti firearm/anti personal defense add The Arlington area Staples to the don't patronize list. There are thousands of members across the Commonwealth and I would like to let them all know what your position is.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense - neutral is more than enough. Honor the laws of the state in which you are located - if their conduct is legal, don't penalize the citizens behaving responsibly. Other company's such as Wal-Mart, Dick's, McDonald’s and Target just to name a few have chosen to stay neutral. While Starbuck’s recently changed the wording of their policy they still allow those carrying firearms (openly or concealed) to patronize their establishment in peace.

Thank You
Marco

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sent them this short message:

Extremely disappointed to hear that your Arlington store has posted a "No Guns" sign. Such signs only punish legal, honest gun owners - note that criminals do not honor such signs or the law.

While I have preferred shopping at Staples, I will unfortunately not be doing so in the future unless this policy is rescinded.

Following state law(s) is a far better policy and it most fair to all concerned.

Respectfully,

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I am extremely disappointed with the new anti-self-defense policy at your Arlington, VA, store.

I have been a Staples customer for years, and am a Rewards customer as well. Staples has been my first choice for any office needs.

While the Arlington store is my 3rd choice, over Hybla Valley and Springfield, I have a new Office Depot store not very far away, and that store does not restrict the carry of my lawful sidearm.

Please advise if your store changes its policy. Until then, I will look first to Office Depot.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The "contact us" link above is only for communications about a specific order.

A little research on their web site reveals they have something called "StaplesSoul" which is where they interface with the community. That's the place, apparently, to address issues. The contact with them about this is staplessoul@staples.com .

stay safe.

They claim to have a soul ? hahahah -- not that I think they really claim this.

Tell them you have fastened your 2nd amendment rights to your wallet.

But if you want to call staples ... 800-338-0252 , choose option 4 to get the president's office staff
The 800# of their website is just for the online presence.

So I called and talked to "chris" asked him:
a) if there is a staples policy
b) is information available about which specific stores have any policy in respect to OC and /or CC

There is no policy, staples-wide. And which stores have a negative carry policy is not compiled anywhere.

So I told the guy to make a staples wide policy to allow OC and CC without exception ... he said he would pass the info along. I told him I would not be shopping at staples until such time period....

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Isn't Staples the same company that was having Small Business contest that EXCLUDED firearms related businesses? ProShooter posted about it.
That was likely about their "Staples Push It Forward Contest" back in May with a $50,000. digital market prize. Haven't been able to locate any post referencing that, but you may be right.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Isn't Staples the same company that was having Small Business contest that EXCLUDED firearms related businesses? ProShooter posted about it.

Yes.

Rather than make it right, and include all businesses that wanted to participate, they said they wouldn't exclude businesses "in the future". I took that as a neutral, at least acknowledging the asininity of that particular policy, and continued to shop there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Here is one post on the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....300767940041133.70846.300719666712627&type=1

"Donna K Carnley Kasper Just in case you didn't know, the manager in the picture didn't put a sign up. Said he has no intention of doing so. It's against company policy. Oops.
about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 2"

Maybe they will not post the sign??
Is it possible that Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America would lie to further their agenda? Please say it isn't so.

I will offer something in evidence though - on the following linked page, look 5 rows down at the woman with her head on the flag draped coffin. That coffin contains the remains of an American soldier, not the result of some illegal domestic activity. The "Moms" have no shame - they will exploit anything, they will dance in the blood of an American hero.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.300767940041133.70846.300719666712627&type=1

Trust that someone will take the opportunity to talk to the manager of that store and see if he/she did or did not agree to post signs.

Last edited:

JohnM15A

Well, I posted several times on their FB page with some other pro-gun folks, all respectful and now I am unable to post there and all the pro-gun comments are now deleted. So much for a discussion... Not surprised...

R027

Found this on the Staples Facebook page:

http://hsgca.net/2013/11/19/moms-demand-action-caught-lying-again/

Audio of someone calling the Arlington, VA Staples where MDA demanded Staples to get "gun sense"; employee on the phone says its a misunderstanding, that they did not prohibit guns and that MDA put incorrect information on Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised, seems like MDA's "victory" is a complete lie.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The lies continue.

From the above link:
"I know many individual Staples stores have already made the decision to prohibit customers from carrying guns. It only makes sense to extend this policy to all of your stores."

Chronic hoplophobia effects not only logic but apparently the ability to be truthful and honest.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From what I am hearing that store is not posted, never agreed to post and will not be posting, Period.

Stand by - there will be more news and further confirmation.

Neplusultra

Found this on the Staples Facebook page:

http://hsgca.net/2013/11/19/moms-demand-action-caught-lying-again/

Audio of someone calling the Arlington, VA Staples where MDA demanded Staples to get "gun sense"; employee on the phone says its a misunderstanding, that they did not prohibit guns and that MDA put incorrect information on Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised, seems like MDA's "victory" is a complete lie.

I posted this link, along with a comment that I thought Staples should follow Starbucks lead and follow state law, but I also added it is their private property and so could do what they wish.

Comments deleted and BLOCKED! I guess they're not into facts or open discussion... :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am very much of the opinion that now that Staples as said the store is not posted, we should let it be.

Let the Mom's sputter and squawk - that will earn them the disdain the deserve.