• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Here

JHART

Hello to all! I am new to the carrying of a firearm,be it concealed or open. I received my license on 11-14 13. I applied on 10-15-13. I was prepared for a 60 to 90 day wait,but to my surprise it was only 30 days. I have decided from day one to carry openly. I have so far been in walmart,oreillys auto,and taco bueno. I have to say that at first it made me feel a little self conscious. Walmart was ok. It appeared that everyone is busy looking and shopping that they really don't notice. Taco bueno was different. Nobody said anything to me,but I did notice some looks and glances to my firearm. It doesn't appear tho, that very many people open carry. Since it was legal to do so a little over a year ago,I have only seen two people doing it.Hope to see more!

romeo224

Hey welcome. Congrats on getting your LIC back that fast. Even me when I renew my LIC it took 60+ days. As for open carry, I carry openly since the first of NOV of last YR I carry every where even when I travel. I have to cover it up when I cross to TX :mad::mad::mad: . I go there every month and I have to concealed in TX, but just keep carrying ppl are going to look at you funny but don't worry its all good I had ppl come and ask me questions there just curious. I had a cop come and shake my hand for open carry

TulsaDan

Welcome to carry. I encourage everyone to carry. Open, concealed, just carry! I live in Tulsa and have open carried ever since the law came into effect as well. Not too many do though. I just keep on carrying.

TulsaDan
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes; but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Prov 12:15

lmeidl

Welcome to open carrying

I have been open carrying since the law took effect as others here have and I am happy to say that I have only had positive responses so far. I wish that more people would open carry so that the public at large could become accustomed to seeing properly holstered weapons and feel comfortable around them. If the public saw openly carried weapons everyday, it would seem normal to them and make it even harder for politicians to pass laws that take away our rights and put the public at further risk. I live in Skiatook and work in Tulsa. I carry absolutely everywhere I go. With the exception of my office building where I work (where it's not allowed), I put my gun on when I wake up and only take it off when I go to bed or shower. Keep on being a good citizen and thank you to everybody who carries...openly or not (but especially those who carry openly). :D