Thread: Legal to Open Carry on School Property?

Question Legal to Open Carry on School Property?

I just found this page and video on my wall of FaceBook and thought that you folks might really get a hoot out of this video! This might very well be an illegal activity that this guy just made a video of himself breaking the federal law. I do not know the state and city in which this was made but to the best of my knowledge, there's nowhere in the U.S. that you can carry openly in and on school property.

Anyone have any insight?

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/1...-surprise-you/
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Well,,,

He is citing Michigan state laws.
    He is carrying within those laws,, if he is in Michigan...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Agreed, if he is in MI then according to a 2010 handout a person cannot cc on school grounds But can OC a holstered firearm. Google, high school game ends early after a man open carries into the stands,( the blaze.com 9-27-2013) IIRC.

This is an interesting situation and incident to say the least. Hmmmm, perhaps we need to get on the ball here in the Bluegrass State and get something like this passed down here.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Activist Member
    There are states where you can OC on school grounds. The only issue being that you must have a license to carry a firearm issued by the state you are carrying in to be in compliance with Federal law, and before being issued said license the issuing authority had to conduct a background check before issuing the license. There are exemptions to this of course, but not many.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Now why didn't i think of that? Thanks Gutshot have to go see.