Thread: parent gets arrested trying to pick up child from school

parent gets arrested trying to pick up child from school

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=adc_1384830117

America.......

on a side note - this is one reason why I don't want police officers in schools
    Last edited by onus; 11-19-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Banned
    I don't see cause for arrest. The policy is another separate issue to discuss with the board and/or super.

He should have known he is not going to change school policy right there and then..I'm sure that other people complained about the new policy as well.

Now the cop hitting the camera is an issue (if the cop did indeed hit the camera .. hard to tell).
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-19-2013 at 03:00 AM.

I cant fathom how a parent has to sign a consent form to the government to let the parent have their own children.

Its as if the government thinks they own the child and the parent has to ask permission of the government to borrow the child for a few hours in the evening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I cant fathom how a parent has to sign a consent form to the government to let the parent have their own children.

Its as if the government thinks they own the child and the parent has to ask permission of the government to borrow the child for a few hours in the evening.
    Most schools require a form to be completed. One should recognize that with divorced parents, one may not be authorized to pickup w/o permission of the other.

It looks like they don't maintain such a completed form (detailing who can pick up the kids or if the kids can walk home on their own) for a yearly basis but wants to do it every time the kid is picked up. Well, this policy will result in new board members being elected, new super. etc.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post

Isn't Cali like the worst of the worst when it comes to that mindset? I'm not really sure. I was thinking that it was.
    Advocate freedom please

Cumberland County District Policies

I'm not too sure what I think of this incident.
    The principal must have had what he believed a good reason for this "wait for pickup policy??".

Cumberland County Board of Education on line

Supervison of Students

Release during School hours

I was not able to find any policy that seemed to fit the conditions in the video. It appears to me, the school is letting out for the day, the Principal Mr. Threet wants him to follow the current policy.
    There are easier ways to change school policy than going to jail, particularly if they are not congruent with State law.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Isn't Cali like the worst of the worst when it comes to that mindset? I'm not really sure. I was thinking that it was.
    I think this hero is in Tennessee but the Kalifornia supreme kourt ruled that parents lease their children from the state at the state's leisure. It was a homeschooling case.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

So is this website photo perfectly captioned, or what?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I think this hero is in Tennessee but the Kalifornia supreme kourt ruled that parents lease their children from the state at the state's leisure. It was a homeschooling case.
    That's what I was thinking.. Thanks for the info
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    I'm not too sure what I think of this incident.
    The principal must have had what he believed a good reason for this "wait for pickup policy??".

Cumberland County Board of Education on line

Supervison of Students

Release during School hours

I was not able to find any policy that seemed to fit the conditions in the video. It appears to me, the school is letting out for the day, the Principal Mr. Threet wants him to follow the current policy.
    There are easier ways to change school policy than going to jail, particularly if they are not congruent with State law.

~Whitney
    Most people act in a manner that they believe is based upon good reason. Oddly enough, I have had my issues with school districts (mostly 4th amendment issues) ~ and never got arrested. This guy's behavior is very mild IMO .. not worthy of arrest...just arguing and letting people know his displeasure (and in a calm manner). The cop is the villain here...

Even if you are wrong, one can still complain ... right?

They wanted him to shut up? Give him his kid...

All the guberment did is piss off a parent ... and they are worried about "security"? Not a good way to insure it.