• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

parent gets arrested trying to pick up child from school

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't see cause for arrest. The policy is another separate issue to discuss with the board and/or super.

He should have known he is not going to change school policy right there and then..I'm sure that other people complained about the new policy as well.

Now the cop hitting the camera is an issue (if the cop did indeed hit the camera .. hard to tell).

Last edited:

onus

I cant fathom how a parent has to sign a consent form to the government to let the parent have their own children.

Its as if the government thinks they own the child and the parent has to ask permission of the government to borrow the child for a few hours in the evening.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I cant fathom how a parent has to sign a consent form to the government to let the parent have their own children.

Its as if the government thinks they own the child and the parent has to ask permission of the government to borrow the child for a few hours in the evening.

Most schools require a form to be completed. One should recognize that with divorced parents, one may not be authorized to pickup w/o permission of the other.

It looks like they don't maintain such a completed form (detailing who can pick up the kids or if the kids can walk home on their own) for a yearly basis but wants to do it every time the kid is picked up. Well, this policy will result in new board members being elected, new super. etc.

stealthyeliminator

Isn't Cali like the worst of the worst when it comes to that mindset? I'm not really sure. I was thinking that it was.

Whitney

Cumberland County District Policies

I'm not too sure what I think of this incident.
The principal must have had what he believed a good reason for this "wait for pickup policy??".

Cumberland County Board of Education on line

Supervison of Students

Release during School hours

I was not able to find any policy that seemed to fit the conditions in the video. It appears to me, the school is letting out for the day, the Principal Mr. Threet wants him to follow the current policy.
There are easier ways to change school policy than going to jail, particularly if they are not congruent with State law.

~Whitney

77zach

Isn't Cali like the worst of the worst when it comes to that mindset? I'm not really sure. I was thinking that it was.

I think this hero is in Tennessee but the Kalifornia supreme kourt ruled that parents lease their children from the state at the state's leisure. It was a homeschooling case.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
So is this website photo perfectly captioned, or what?
Screen%20shot%202011-10-03%20at%209.46.35%20AM.png

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm not too sure what I think of this incident.
The principal must have had what he believed a good reason for this "wait for pickup policy??".

Cumberland County Board of Education on line

Supervison of Students

Release during School hours

I was not able to find any policy that seemed to fit the conditions in the video. It appears to me, the school is letting out for the day, the Principal Mr. Threet wants him to follow the current policy.
There are easier ways to change school policy than going to jail, particularly if they are not congruent with State law.

~Whitney

Most people act in a manner that they believe is based upon good reason. Oddly enough, I have had my issues with school districts (mostly 4th amendment issues) ~ and never got arrested. This guy's behavior is very mild IMO .. not worthy of arrest...just arguing and letting people know his displeasure (and in a calm manner). The cop is the villain here...

Even if you are wrong, one can still complain ... right?

They wanted him to shut up? Give him his kid...

All the guberment did is piss off a parent ... and they are worried about "security"? Not a good way to insure it.