• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No gun-buster signs at Tinseltown?

Av8r115

Has anyone on here OC'd at Tinseltown, or any other theater in OKC?

It's been a very long time since I've seen a movie in a theater, in part because I had heard that the OKC theaters had posted gun-buster signs. But went last night to see Ender's Game at Tinseltown with some friends, and locked my firearm and spare mag in my vehicle on the assumption they were anti-gun. When I walked up to the ticket booth, I was surprised to not see a single gun-buster sign anywhere, not on the doors or the window of the ticket booth. Even w/out the signs, though, I'm wondering if they really are gun-friendly.

Even if I had carried my gun and spare mag inside I don't think I would have fit in those tiny little seats! After this, I'm considering getting a smaller gun like an LCR .38 or .357 that could be put in an ankle holster.

Have good one!

Last edited:

Charles Watts

Cant speak for Tinseltown, BUT, I know Warren in Moore is "concealed" friendly but they frown on open carry -- And the West End Pointe 8 in Yukon has not said anything to me there... I have been there a couple times while OC. Best of luck --- Penn Square is not prohibited, except for the simple fact of getting from the door of the mall to the theater ... LoL

SigPro

Is Penn Square posted? Last time I was there I didn't see any signs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes they do have gun buster signs. They are hidden at foot level. I've seen one by the parking garage entrance. I think this needs to be a project for Open Carry association...

1971jfield

Tinseltown has gun busters signs posted on the little pillars that the ticket takers stand at before you go into the theaters. I have not seen any posted outside of the building. So you can buy your ticket and then popcorn, but when you try to go into the theater that is were the signs are.

Av8r115

Tinseltown has gun busters signs posted on the little pillars that the ticket takers stand at before you go into the theaters. I have not seen any posted outside of the building. So you can buy your ticket and then popcorn, but when you try to go into the theater that is were the signs are.

It never occurred to me to look there, or anywhere other than the outside doors or windows. That's pretty strange. Sounds like a way to make sure they get your money, since I doubt they'd be willing to provide a refund. I usually boycott gun-buster businesses, but made an exception this time to spend time with friends.