• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Creigh Deeds stabbed, son shot

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
With a rifle? Story keeps on changing? --snipped--.
sadno.gif
What doesn't change is your way of speculating on information not confirmed and making innuendos not in good taste.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
He talked pro and voted anti....every once in a while he would cross a line.

He was much like Lori Haas. Lori always claims to be pro gun, she and her husband own guns....but she believes in tight regulation.

Deeds talked a little more pro than she does. You can't represent a place like Bath and be blatantly anti.

Thanks.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I wish no man ill will, especially under the circumstances as depicted on the news. This is a day that no member of his family will ever forget. It is said that Sen. Deeds loved his son very much. By any account it is a tragedy.

To paraphrase Thumper from Bambi, "If you can't say sumthin nice, put a sock in it."

Strawman argument.

McBeth did not wish Deeds ill. He balked at going so far as to pray for him. There's a difference. One could wish him well. Have no wish for him one way or another. Or, wish him ill. McBeth was unwilling to wish him well, which is not at all the same as wishing him ill.

I think some here are letting their PCness, such as it is, get it the way.

Separately, there is no reason why a situation can't be both tragic and worth celebrating when it happens to an enemy of freedom. For example, some might say its tragic that the younger Tsarnaev brother got sucked into his older brother's extremism and was nearly killed for it, while also celebrating that he was caught, swiss-cheesed, and will be on trial for his life.

Automatic sympathy noises for Deeds are worse than McBeth's speculation. At least he's thinking rather than just automatically applying some social convention that says a person ought make polite sounds when something bad happens to another.

Personally, if Deeds is an enemy of freedom I would feel entirely justified in actively hoping he doesn't recover. And, I dare any man to take me to task by saying I should actually hope for the recovery of an enemy who would then continue to reduce my freedom and the freedom of my fellow Virginians, taxing away more of our produce, saddling us with more government. I'd be fine if he recovered and stopped being an enemy of freedom, but since that doesn't happen all that often, I would wish for the former.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape, this guy is not a friend of our RKBA ... just close the thread if you wish to defend his actions and not allow discussion.

There is a time and place to discuss most things. Right now is neither when the man has just lost his son and he still remains hospitalized.

Discussion? Not allow? You mean like suggesting that maybe there were other crimes afoot or that there could have been better results with a different horrific outcome?

No, I won't close the thread unless it goes into those areas, but I will delete or edit those remarks that are entirely inappropriate. Any questions?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP No, I won't close the thread unless it goes into those areas, but I will delete or edit those remarks that are entirely inappropriate. Any questions?

Yeah. I got a question. Which forum rule covers "entirely inappropriate remarks"? Which rule covers "when a man has just lost his son?"

Is that the rule where the moderator makes it up as he goes along?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yeah. I got a question. Which forum rule covers "entirely inappropriate remarks"? Which rule covers "when a man has just lost his son?"

Is that the rule where the moderator makes it up as he goes along?

Gee your sharp tonight, not too far off base either. Suggest your read rule #2.......sure hope I got that right.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Gee your sharp tonight, not too far off base either. Suggest your read rule #2.......sure hope I got that right.

So, how exactly is your deletion threat supposed to work when the receiver can't know what you are going to consider inappropriate?

You undermined the effectiveness of your own threat!!

Why don't you just say, "I'm going to apply my own version of PC and just delete whatever I feel like without warning. You'll know it was inappropriate when it disappears."? Oh. Because there wouldn't be any point in making a threat. Can't vent frustration doing it that way, can you?

HPmatt

A lot of fine people in Lexington and Warm/Hot Springs, Goshen and Staunton that personally know Deeds and family could probably ask if you had kids or relatives that had mental problems - check out those shoes, or try on some other ones just as troubling - alcoholism, drugs, etc. Just about all of the voters in his district I have met are pro-2A, but somehow this guy carried their district - there is more than one dimension to a person. I think I'm on pretty firm ground that all of voters I know in his district would agree that teachings of Christ even instruct you to pray for your enemies, let alone a family dealing with an illness that is invisible to the eyes and something modern medicine really just tweaks on the margins but doesn't have a clue on how to cure.

When Deeds gets back to politics, join the fight then about convincing him of the errors of his ways, and I'm sure he'll take into consideration how you treated him and his family when they had a tragedy. That could energize him to fight against you till his last breath, or to perhaps reflect on how you might have some valid points as it relates to life outside of the liberal-infested cities.

Since this is the VA subthread, go all the way back to Patrick Henry's wife to start discussion on how much progress Virginia has made in treating mental illness in 230 years.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So, how exactly is your deletion threat supposed to work when the receiver can't know what you are going to consider inappropriate?

You undermined the effectiveness of your own threat!!

Why don't you just say, "I'm going to apply my own version of PC and just delete whatever I feel like without warning. You'll know it was inappropriate when it disappears."? Oh. Because there wouldn't be any point in making a threat. Can't vent frustration doing it that way, can you?
Presumes a certain level of intellect doesn't it.

Also a modicum of desire to be self-moderating and responsible. I know, I know, strange words not defined in the written rules clearly enough for some.

Any frustration would appear to be in your lack of control over site rules, calls and explanations. I have no such problem - sleep well also.

Meanwhile back on topic if you please.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
A lot of fine people in Lexington and Warm/Hot Springs, Goshen and Staunton that personally know Deeds and family could probably ask if you had kids or relatives that had mental problems - check out those shoes, or try on some other ones just as troubling - alcoholism, drugs, etc. Just about all of the voters in his district I have met are pro-2A, but somehow this guy carried their district - there is more than one dimension to a person. I think I'm on pretty firm ground that all of voters I know in his district would agree that teachings of Christ even instruct you to pray for your enemies, let alone a family dealing with an illness that is invisible to the eyes and something modern medicine really just tweaks on the margins but doesn't have a clue on how to cure.

When Deeds gets back to politics, join the fight then about convincing him of the errors of his ways, and I'm sure he'll take into consideration how you treated him and his family when they had a tragedy. That could energize him to fight against you till his last breath, or to perhaps reflect on how you might have some valid points as it relates to life outside of the liberal-infested cities.

Since this is the VA subthread, go all the way back to Patrick Henry's wife to start discussion on how much progress Virginia has made in treating mental illness in 230 years.

OK.

So, what I get from your post (in no particular order) is that I'm supposed be sympathetic to my enemies just because they have problems in life. (Nevermind the problems they create for me.) I'm supposed to apply Christian principles. And, that because he has supporters, I am supposed to be sympathetic to him.

Not a chance.

On the other hand, you have a somewhat valid argument with how he might remember our words when he gets back to government. But, all you're doing is validating my point that he might be worthy of ill wishes. It might be counter-productive to type them here--that's your point I consider valid. But, I can still have ill wishes for enemies even if I don't type them. Its having the ill wishes that is being criticized, not the counter-productivity of typing them here.

Primus

OK.

So, what I get from your post (in no particular order) is that I'm supposed be sympathetic to my enemies just because they have problems in life. (Nevermind the problems they create for me.) I'm supposed to apply Christian principles. And, that because he has supporters, I am supposed to be sympathetic to him.

Not a chance.

On the other hand, you have a somewhat valid argument with how he might remember our words when he gets back to government. But, all you're doing is validating my point that he might be worthy of ill wishes. It might be counter-productive to type them here--that's your point I consider valid. But, I can still have ill wishes for enemies even if I don't type them. Its having the ill wishes that is being criticized, not the counter-productivity of typing them here.

So let me get this straight... this guy was your sworn enemy, so much so that you would wish him to have his son die and him almost die? Why exactly? Because he didn't vote a certain way you wanted? Am I missing something? I guess you quick to label guys enemies...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So let me get this straight... this guy was your sworn enemy, so much so that you would wish him to have his son die and him almost die? Why exactly? Because he didn't vote a certain way you wanted? Am I missing something? I guess you quick to label guys enemies...

Where the **ck did you read that, you distortionist? Show me where I wrote that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Where the **ck did you read that, you distortionist? Show me where I wrote that.

Post #46 - "Personally, if Deeds is an enemy of freedom I would feel entirely justified in actively hoping he doesn't recover."

Primus

OK.

Not a chance.

How can I distort that? You were talking about this guy, since it's what the thread was about. And you were being slapped down because you guys were getting out of line.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Post #46 - "Personally, if Deeds is an enemy of freedom I would feel entirely justified in actively hoping he doesn't recover."

There's a wide difference between what Primus says I wrote and what you bolded.

Are you joining the distortions, now?

Aren't you the one who railed against quoting out of context?