Thread: White Supremacist Terrorist Charges for "Patrolling"

White Supremacist Terrorist Charges for "Patrolling"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19...test+-+Text%29

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/1...represent.html

Just says terrorism charges for patrolling with guns and scaring people. Anyone else have more info on this?

Tom Metzger, a former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and founder of the White Aryan Resistance, told The Associated Press ...
    I think maybe such hate is not welcome here.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19...test+-+Text%29

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/1...represent.html

Just says terrorism charges for patrolling with guns and scaring people. Anyone else have more info on this?
    Are you going to visit him?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Tom Metzger, a former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and founder of the White Aryan Resistance...
    Hmmm, do you suppose the acronym was purposeful?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Sixty-two-year-old Craig Cobb and 29-year-old Kynan Dutton are accused of terrorizing people in Leith (leeth) with guns over the weekend. They said they were patrolling the town because of violence and harassment directed at them.

What the facts are is really unknown at this point in time.

They chasing people down the block saying "I'm going to blow your head off!" or simply just walking down the block.

It makes an interesting question: if a group says that they are "patrolling" an area, does this automatically make them guilty of intimidation or terrorism?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-19-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: changed "of" to "or" typo

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Sixty-two-year-old Craig Cobb and 29-year-old Kynan Dutton are accused of terrorizing people in Leith (leeth) with guns over the weekend. They said they were patrolling the town because of violence and harassment directed at them.

What the facts are is really unknown at this point in time.

They chasing people down the block saying "I'm going to blow your head off!" or simply just walking down the block.

It makes an interesting question: if a group says that they are "patrolling" an area, does this automatically make them guilty of intimidation of terrorism?
    I agree, we are lacking actual facts. I would say no, that just because your patrolling doesn't line you up for any charges. I believe the facts of the case would have to determine that.

If you and I were walking around our neighborhood together and were both OCing pistols, then good to go all day.

If two other guys were walking around with a burning cross with rifles unslung pointed at people and they were in someone elses neighborhood.... then who knows.

Again, circumstances matter but it shouldn't just be "patrolling"= terrorism

How the arms were carried is the key. Also, is OC of LGs verboten in ND?

It would seem to me that the ND State Constitution would have some affirmation in support of 2A in it. Although I don't agree with their politics, until they are proven to be "excluded persons" based upon criminal acts, they should still have 2A rights. It seems we lack some vital information - specifically, from what overt actions did the terrorism charges evolve? Also, to whom did they make terroristic threats either by direct physical deed or word? Or, is this just another example of the expanding Police State? It seems that some folks have lost any semblance of rational thought when it comes to the application of the NDAA and PA. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 11-20-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Banned
    What was he doing? The articles only repeat what the supremacist said he was doing. If he truly was only patrolling (i.e. moving about lawfully while lawfully armed), meh. However, I have to wonder if there was not a threatening component to he behavior. Was he handling the firearm? Was he being confrontational while armed? Was he yelling and screaming? Was he trespassing? Was he violating other laws while armed?

Not enough info. This could be anything from government trying to silence someone for being an ass to the supremacist actually taken actions that any reasonable person would have taken as threatening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    http://www.crookstontimes.com/articl...9976/1001/NEWS

A town of about 20 people ... this is making world wide news? lol

Anywho, a pic of him in the linked link

He apparently went out on"patrol" after one of his former KKK pals spray painted something on his house after it was revealed that he has sub-Saharan DNA(like everyone).
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/2...s-african-dna/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    He apparently went out on"patrol" after one of his former KKK pals spray painted something on his house after it was revealed that he has sub-Saharan DNA(like everyone).
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/2...s-african-dna/
    Sub-Saharan? Is that another word for French? lol

Anyway ... the guy trying to take over a town of 20 ... lol I think I could do that in about 1/2 hr.

He's doing it wrong.