• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White Supremacist Terrorist Charges for "Patrolling"

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Tom Metzger, a former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and founder of the White Aryan Resistance...

Hmmm, do you suppose the acronym was purposeful?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sixty-two-year-old Craig Cobb and 29-year-old Kynan Dutton are accused of terrorizing people in Leith (leeth) with guns over the weekend. They said they were patrolling the town because of violence and harassment directed at them.

What the facts are is really unknown at this point in time.

They chasing people down the block saying "I'm going to blow your head off!" or simply just walking down the block.

It makes an interesting question: if a group says that they are "patrolling" an area, does this automatically make them guilty of intimidation or terrorism?

Last edited:

Primus

Sixty-two-year-old Craig Cobb and 29-year-old Kynan Dutton are accused of terrorizing people in Leith (leeth) with guns over the weekend. They said they were patrolling the town because of violence and harassment directed at them.

What the facts are is really unknown at this point in time.

They chasing people down the block saying "I'm going to blow your head off!" or simply just walking down the block.

It makes an interesting question: if a group says that they are "patrolling" an area, does this automatically make them guilty of intimidation of terrorism?

I agree, we are lacking actual facts. I would say no, that just because your patrolling doesn't line you up for any charges. I believe the facts of the case would have to determine that.

If you and I were walking around our neighborhood together and were both OCing pistols, then good to go all day.

If two other guys were walking around with a burning cross with rifles unslung pointed at people and they were in someone elses neighborhood.... then who knows.

Again, circumstances matter but it shouldn't just be "patrolling"= terrorism

Gil223

It would seem to me that the ND State Constitution would have some affirmation in support of 2A in it. Although I don't agree with their politics, until they are proven to be "excluded persons" based upon criminal acts, they should still have 2A rights. It seems we lack some vital information - specifically, from what overt actions did the terrorism charges evolve? Also, to whom did they make terroristic threats either by direct physical deed or word? Or, is this just another example of the expanding Police State? It seems that some folks have lost any semblance of rational thought when it comes to the application of the NDAA and PA. Pax... :banghead:

Last edited:

eye95

What was he doing? The articles only repeat what the supremacist said he was doing. If he truly was only patrolling (i.e. moving about lawfully while lawfully armed), meh. However, I have to wonder if there was not a threatening component to he behavior. Was he handling the firearm? Was he being confrontational while armed? Was he yelling and screaming? Was he trespassing? Was he violating other laws while armed?

Not enough info. This could be anything from government trying to silence someone for being an ass to the supremacist actually taken actions that any reasonable person would have taken as threatening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned