• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registration

Foxcroft

I have a couple of questions about "high capacity" magazine registration and the form in general. I have an older gen 1 glock with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. I purchased this gun a long time ago when i lived out of state. I have no idea where the receipt for the purchase is. How do i include these magazines on the form?

Second question, i apologize for posting this on a handgun forum but i am not clear on what a certificate number is. This is the first piece of information required on the "assault weapon" registration form. Is this my pistol permit #?

Thanks for your help.

CT Barfly

I have a couple of questions about "high capacity" magazine registration and the form in general. I have an older gen 1 glock with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. I purchased this gun a long time ago when i lived out of state. I have no idea where the receipt for the purchase is. How do i include these magazines on the form?

Second question, i apologize for posting this on a handgun forum but i am not clear on what a certificate number is. This is the first piece of information required on the "assault weapon" registration form. Is this my pistol permit #?

Thanks for your help.

Just draft up an affidavit stating that you obtained the magazine in compliance with all laws prior to April 4, 2013. Get it notarized. Presto.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just a FYI :

A first violation of the mag. reg. requirement is just an infraction, not a crime. So don't have a heart attack over it, ya know.

Looks like no court is going to rule on the legality of the law (that I find unconstitutional ~ I don't need some guy in a rob to tell me it is) prior to Jan or Feb 2014.

Don't sweat the line asking for some stupid AW cert # ... if you have one, put it there; if not, just write n\a
or leave it blank.

DESPP has to accept it .. its a declaration, not an application.

I understand that any false statement herein, which I do not believe to be true and which is intended to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official function, is punishable by law (See CGS § 53a-157b). This statement on the form? The law does not require this ... I asked if one could simply scratch it out (with other forms, like driver license forms ~ the law requires this statement to be on the form)--my argument was I have no idea what 53a-157b actually means and it makes you say "I understand".. they gonna pay for law school for me?

Complete their pesky forms if you want ...

brk913

First, unless your Glock has a threaded barrel it is not an AW and does not need to be registered. If in fact you have another AW that needs to be registered the Section for Certificate Number is to be left blank, that is where the SLFU will assign you a number. You mags over 10 rounds simply need to be declared, you won't need a receipt, get a sworn affidavit and have it notarized. Here's a link to affidavits I made up, feel free to use them if you need them, the magazine one is designed to be printed on the back of the magazine declaration form. http://ctpistolpermit.com/Affidavit_Mag.pdf and http://ctpistolpermit.com/Affidavit_AW.pdf

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
First, unless your Glock has a threaded barrel it is not an AW and does not need to be registered. If in fact you have another AW that needs to be registered the Section for Certificate Number is to be left blank, that is where the SLFU will assign you a number. You mags over 10 rounds simply need to be declared, you won't need a receipt, get a sworn affidavit and have it notarized. Here's a link to affidavits I made up, feel free to use them if you need them, the magazine one is designed to be printed on the back of the magazine declaration form. http://ctpistolpermit.com/Affidavit_Mag.pdf and http://ctpistolpermit.com/Affidavit_AW.pdf

Good pt about the glock not needing to be registered ... the OP did not state that it was the glock being reg...

I assumed it was for another gun, like the evil evil AR lol

Of course, the OP could move the gun out of state ~ then none is needed.

Last edited: