Thread: Alamance County may ban OC from tax office due to scare employees

Alamance County may ban OC from tax office due to scare employees

http://myfox8.com/2013/11/19/alamanc...gun-ordinance/

Did not see this posted yet. Apparently a couple of people have OC'ed in the alamance county tax office recently and some of the employees were "scared" of seeing a holstered handgun, so they want to ban people from OC'ing in the tax office now.

because they don't feel safe. thats the biggest crock of sh** i ever heard. were all loosing our rights slowly!

Is there no state preemption of firearms laws?

I visit Alamance annually, for instance riding bicycle to and in Cedar Rock Park.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by covi View Post
    because they don't feel safe. thats the biggest crock of sh** i ever heard. were all loosing our rights slowly!
    A TAX COLLECTOR scared of a Citizen with a firearm. Makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Is there no state preemption of firearms laws?

I visit Alamance annually, for instance riding bicycle to and in Cedar Rock Park.
    The city/county can by ordinance ban firearms in their buildings/offices AFAIK. They cannot, however, ban them in public areas (sidewalks, streets, parks, etc).
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    A TAX COLLECTOR scared of a Citizen with a firearm. Makes perfect sense to me.
    +1 ... they are even afraid of thinking people.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    The city/county can by ordinance ban firearms in their buildings/offices AFAIK. They cannot, however, ban them in public areas (sidewalks, streets, parks, etc).
    So much for Rule (5). The political subdivision can do pretty much what ever it pleases. They may beat the rap ....
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    So much for Rule (5). The political subdivision can do pretty much what ever it pleases. They may beat the rap ....
    Rule 5?

Banned
    I suggest that the employees move to Mars ... we have thermonuclear devices nearby ... aren't they afraid of being vaporized?

Hey WALKINGWOLF, here is a claim by GRNC, that they defended Open Carry.

http://paracom.paramountcommunicatio...6&ei=WuFFSEpAN

i was pleasantly surprised. i hope they keep it up
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Hey WALKINGWOLF, here is a claim by GRNC, that they defended Open Carry.

http://paracom.paramountcommunicatio...6&ei=WuFFSEpAN

i was pleasantly surprised. i hope they keep it up
    I wonder what their rationale is for the stance that banning OC from county offices being "unconstitutional"??

As you will recall from previous GRNC alerts, Alamance county employees reportedly had inappropriate emotional reactions to citizens paying taxes while legally armed.

Gun control-supporting politicians used these inappropriate responses as an excuse to propose an open carry ban on county property. Such a ban would have clearly violated the constitution of North Carolina.

Thanks to your overwhelming input following GRNC alerts, Alamance county commissioners felt the heat, and saw the light.

Not only was the proposed open carry ban defeated, but the earlier 1995 concealed carry ban on county property was repealed!

Count this as another clear victory for YOU, the freedom-loving citizens of North Carolina! It was your decisive input that made the difference.

Commissioner Tim Sutton was a clear Second Amendment defender and deserves our thanks, as do local GRNC supporters who did the essential leg work in attending meetings, gathering information, and in speaking in support of the rights all North Carolinans. These patriots have earned our gratitude.

Congratulate yourselves
    on another battle won in the war to restore the right to bear arms in North Carolina!

hurling quietly in the corner over Commissioner Sutton's political rhetoric...

quickly following by gut wrenching dry heaves over the GRNC's taking credit for it...

IPSE
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Alamance County Board of Commissioners Voted to REPEAL The County Ban against Concealed Carry in County Buildings.

Alamance County Board of Commissioners then Voted NOT to Enact an Open Carry Ban either.

As a Result, upon The Effective Date of that Vote, BOTH Open Carry AND Concealed Carry will be Allowed in Alamance County Buildings.

As always though..., Concealed Carry REQUIRES a Permit.

Article and Link here: http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top...dings-1.243023

aadvark

I was at the Kinston-Lenoir County Neuseway Nature Center recently and Signs have been erected at all three entrances prohibiting All Weapons....the Signs are about 2' square red in color and posted on the roadsides going into the park. Perhaps someone who lives in that area could check with the proper authorities about the signs.