• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alamance County may ban OC from tax office due to scare employees

covi

because they don't feel safe. thats the biggest crock of sh** i ever heard. were all loosing our rights slowly!

carolina guy

Is there no state preemption of firearms laws?

I visit Alamance annually, for instance riding bicycle to and in Cedar Rock Park.

The city/county can by ordinance ban firearms in their buildings/offices AFAIK. They cannot, however, ban them in public areas (sidewalks, streets, parks, etc).

davidmcbeth

Banned
I suggest that the employees move to Mars ... we have thermonuclear devices nearby ... aren't they afraid of being vaporized?

carolina guy

Hey WALKINGWOLF, here is a claim by GRNC, that they defended Open Carry.

http://paracom.paramountcommunicati...27c834c4d3299e7f873568d337f3b656&ei=WuFFSEpAN

i was pleasantly surprised. i hope they keep it up

I wonder what their rationale is for the stance that banning OC from county offices being "unconstitutional"??

As you will recall from previous GRNC alerts, Alamance county employees reportedly had inappropriate emotional reactions to citizens paying taxes while legally armed.

Gun control-supporting politicians used these inappropriate responses as an excuse to propose an open carry ban on county property. Such a ban would have clearly violated the constitution of North Carolina.

Thanks to your overwhelming input following GRNC alerts, Alamance county commissioners felt the heat, and saw the light.

Not only was the proposed open carry ban defeated, but the earlier 1995 concealed carry ban on county property was repealed!

Count this as another clear victory for YOU, the freedom-loving citizens of North Carolina! It was your decisive input that made the difference.

Commissioner Tim Sutton was a clear Second Amendment defender and deserves our thanks, as do local GRNC supporters who did the essential leg work in attending meetings, gathering information, and in speaking in support of the rights all North Carolinans. These patriots have earned our gratitude.

Congratulate yourselves
on another battle won in the war to restore the right to bear arms in North Carolina!

solus

hurling quietly in the corner over Commissioner Sutton's political rhetoric...

quickly following by gut wrenching dry heaves over the GRNC's taking credit for it...

IPSE

aadvark

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Alamance County Board of Commissioners Voted to REPEAL The County Ban against Concealed Carry in County Buildings.

Alamance County Board of Commissioners then Voted NOT to Enact an Open Carry Ban either.

As a Result, upon The Effective Date of that Vote, BOTH Open Carry AND Concealed Carry will be Allowed in Alamance County Buildings.

As always though..., Concealed Carry REQUIRES a Permit.

Article and Link here: http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/to...oncealed-weapons-in-county-buildings-1.243023

aadvark

American Patriot

I was at the Kinston-Lenoir County Neuseway Nature Center recently and Signs have been erected at all three entrances prohibiting All Weapons....the Signs are about 2' square red in color and posted on the roadsides going into the park. Perhaps someone who lives in that area could check with the proper authorities about the signs.