Thread: Two gun carry.

Two gun carry.

Is there anyone out there that OCs two pistols? I know many ofnyou OC one and CC another, but I was just curious and figured I would ask.

If you do OC two pistols, how do you carry and does it alter things more so than just carrying one in the open?

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

When I carry revolvers I carry two. Most times when I have a semi auto, the wife is also carrying one, so I still have two.

I carry both in the open, strong side 3 o'clock, cross draw at 10 o'clock.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-20-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    http://9gag.com/gag/4908387

Funny pic...funny premise..

If one wants to I find the extra weight not necessary. For most of the time.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    When I carry revolvers I carry two. <snip>I carry both in the open, strong side 3 o'clock, cross draw at 10 o'clock.
    Agreed. Though for me it's usually the cross draw at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    If one wants to I find the extra weight not necessary. For most of the time.
    Well, I was 40 pounds overweight, a couple pounds more was really not noticeable. Now that I have lost 40 pounds it still is not noticeable.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

When I carry more than one, it is usually when I go "Cowboy". I like the extra weight. Balances things out. Look to my avatar, I'll put the bigger one on the right, the smaller one on the left and a pocket pistol cross draw just to the left of middle. Comfy to me.
    Last edited by teddyearp; 11-23-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://9gag.com/gag/4908387

Funny pic...funny premise..
    Now that was a funny picture, lol

Activist Member
    Whenever I am going running or on a long hike I like to open carry two of equal weight on opposite sides of my body.

I feel this feels more comfortable, not less, because it adds balance. If I don't one of my legs will more sore than the other.

There's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    Whenever I am going running or on a long hike I like to open carry two of equal weight on opposite sides of my body.

I feel this feels more comfortable, not less, because it adds balance. If I don't one of my legs will more sore than the other.
    To be fair, this whole "it balances me out" does have some merit. Last time I compared the weight of my loaded all-steel full-size 1911 to the weight of two magazines in a double mag holder, guess which one weighed more? (NOTE: I didn't weigh so much as compare on a homemade scale, e.g., a piece of wood balanced on another piece of wood and the two items in question hanging from threads on the ends)

There is one member I know of that does the double OC thing with two FNs. I figure he probably doesn't need spare magazines with a ~18 rd capacity per gun (for comparison, I only carry 22 rounds total).

Maybe when I can scrape up enough funds in the "fun fund" .
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Besides, if multiple assailants break into your home while you're sipping some cognac on the couch, you can draw down on two at a time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NicholasCageFaceoffTwoSpringfieldM1911A1pointing.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	10994

Also, it looks really cool when Hollywood does it (and we know they portray everything realistically)

Name:	601px-Hit-P18-2.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	10995

And this one is just to remind guys of another reason to introduce your gals to OC and carry in general (plus, she's really easy on the eyes with that hair and the look of bad-a$$ery on her face):

Name:	600px-Gravitron_jill_1911_dual_wield.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	10996
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-26-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke