Thread: Cross draw

Cross draw

Anyone OC cross draw? I CC IWB at 3:30 but love an 11:00 cross draw for OC. This gives me easy access in the car or anywhere else. But it kinda seems in your face. Just wondering if anyone has had adverse reactions carrying this way?

I should say I OC this way while in rural areas. Still mostly CC in Ptown.

i never found carrying at 11 or 1 o'clock IWB to be comfortable at all. IWB is bad enough, but i can't sit with a beaver tail in my gut. and i don't want to be muzzling my crotch all day.

my dad carrys his 92FS cross draw on a shoulder rig, but he only seems muster up the courage to OC when i'm around. be ware that some old guys are sneaky with revolvers

I have occasionally carried cross-draw, but only on long trips while driving using a Mitch Rosen holster carrying my Pro Raptor II. I find its easier to get to than standard strong side carry.

Quote Originally Posted by nilla View Post
    i never found carrying at 11 or 1 o'clock IWB to be comfortable at all. IWB is bad enough, but i can't sit with a beaver tail in my gut. and i don't want to be muzzling my crotch all day.

my dad carrys his 92FS cross draw on a shoulder rig, but he only seems muster up the courage to OC when i'm around. be ware that some old guys are sneaky with revolvers
    Oh I don't carry IWB cross draw, that is uncomfortable! I have a GP100 or a Sig in paddle holsters, both setup to tip away from my gut slightly.

I love the .357 set this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrotull View Post

Oh I don't carry IWB cross draw, that is uncomfortable! I have a GP100 or a Sig in paddle holsters, both setup to tip away from my gut slightly.

I love the .357 set this way.
    I also have a newly acquired gp100 with a 3 inch barrel. I plan on open carry with it,and using a cross draw holster. Which holster do you have?

It is a Bianchi accumold(?) it has a thumb break and works great for my needs. The paddle isn't to big but secures well with a good belt.