• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross draw

Sethrotull

Anyone OC cross draw? I CC IWB at 3:30 but love an 11:00 cross draw for OC. This gives me easy access in the car or anywhere else. But it kinda seems in your face. Just wondering if anyone has had adverse reactions carrying this way?

I should say I OC this way while in rural areas. Still mostly CC in Ptown.

nilla

i never found carrying at 11 or 1 o'clock IWB to be comfortable at all. IWB is bad enough, but i can't sit with a beaver tail in my gut. and i don't want to be muzzling my crotch all day.

my dad carrys his 92FS cross draw on a shoulder rig, but he only seems muster up the courage to OC when i'm around. be ware that some old guys are sneaky with revolvers

BLKH2O

I have occasionally carried cross-draw, but only on long trips while driving using a Mitch Rosen holster carrying my Pro Raptor II. I find its easier to get to than standard strong side carry.

Sethrotull

i never found carrying at 11 or 1 o'clock IWB to be comfortable at all. IWB is bad enough, but i can't sit with a beaver tail in my gut. and i don't want to be muzzling my crotch all day.

my dad carrys his 92FS cross draw on a shoulder rig, but he only seems muster up the courage to OC when i'm around. be ware that some old guys are sneaky with revolvers

Oh I don't carry IWB cross draw, that is uncomfortable! I have a GP100 or a Sig in paddle holsters, both setup to tip away from my gut slightly.

I love the .357 set this way.

JHART

Oh I don't carry IWB cross draw, that is uncomfortable! I have a GP100 or a Sig in paddle holsters, both setup to tip away from my gut slightly.

I love the .357 set this way.

I also have a newly acquired gp100 with a 3 inch barrel. I plan on open carry with it,and using a cross draw holster. Which holster do you have?

Sethrotull

It is a Bianchi accumold(?) it has a thumb break and works great for my needs. The paddle isn't to big but secures well with a good belt.