• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My CCW Permit

vinchenzo

Well, better late than never I suppose. I FINALLY got my CCW LICENSE. After almost a year and a half of open carrying, and a year and a half of aggravation, worrying about school zones, driving with my firearm, etc etc, I applied for and got my CCW permit.

Number 205,6XX. By my calculation, that's just shy of 4% of the residents in WI who have their CCW (Could be, and probably am wrong, so don't hang me for it). Turn around time was quick too, I mailed it in on 15 Nov and got it today (20 Nov). Let me just say, it's a big relief knowing I don't have to worry about being within 1000' of a school zone, or trying to figure out what exactly is considered open carry in a vehicle.

Just thought I'd share and let people know where we're at number-wise.

Last edited:

MKEgal

vinchenzo said:
I FINALLY got my CCW Permit.
For what state? UT has permits, but for concealed carry, not for committing crimes.

Number 205,6XX. By my calculation, that's just shy of 4% of the residents in WI
When you take only the over-21 group, it's about 5%.

2012 total WI population 5,726,398
Under 18 = 23% of population
Using the 18+ yo figure is 4.7% of adults with a ccl.

Using a guess of 25% to fudge for the 18-21yo group (might be higher)
5,726,398 x .75 = 4,294,799
(205,600 / 4,294,799) x 100 = 4.8%

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/55000.html

Last edited:

vinchenzo

For what state? UT has permits, but for concealed carry, not for committing crimes.

Edited. Nevermind. Forgot to eat my Wheaties this morning and my brain wasn't functioning. lol

MKEgal said:
When you take only the over-21 group, it's about 5%.

2012 total WI population 5,726,398
Under 18 = 23% of population
Using the 18+ yo figure is 4.7% of adults with a ccl.

Using a guess of 25% to fudge for the 18-21yo group (might be higher)
5,726,398 x .75 = 4,294,799
(205,600 / 4,294,799) x 100 = 4.8%

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/55000.html

And I knew my math would be off. I completely forgot to factor in the over 21 part. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:

vinchenzo

HURRAY!!
Why so long?

As ridiculous as this sounds over $40, money. Money was the issue. Finances with the wife were awfully, awfully tight. We finally caught up, and I finally got fed up not having it. So it was my birthday present this year.

Law abider

As ridiculous as this sounds over $40, money. Money was the issue. Finances with the wife were awfully, awfully tight. We finally caught up, and I finally got fed up not having it. So it was my birthday present this year.

Sounds like my story when I want to buy a gun or ammo. Wifey does the budget and it is very very tight. My birthday is next month and I wonder what I'll be able to buy. Bet we two are the only ones with no dough on this blog

vinchenzo

Sounds like my story when I want to buy a gun or ammo. Wifey does the budget and it is very very tight. My birthday is next month and I wonder what I'll be able to buy. Bet we two are the only ones with no dough on this blog

Probably.... Oh well, I'm gonna hit Powerball one of these days, and I can own anything I want to lol.

vinchenzo

It is better to want just what you have than to have just what you want.

I agree.

Nightmare said:
Powerball costs $300 per year for a 1:2 x 10^8 chance on hitting - quite the same sized number as killing someone with a random air-shot.

I think I've only bought like 3 tickets in the last 18 months, so my odds are far less likely than even that.

Carryon

"It is better to want just what you have than to have just what you want".

I actually saw this on a sign while shopping last weekend.

Good job though on perseverance to get money for the application. There are a lot of small ways though to cut a buck here and there and end up with the money.