Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supressors

Supressors

Has anyone purchased a suppressor for their handgun/fire arms? I have a sig sauer p229 and sig pro sp2022 that i ordered threaded and now im thinking about going through the process i spoke with pierce county chief and he agreed he would sing off on it so........starting the process on monday.. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the process, how long it took and how your dealings with ATF went.

On the FN forum, they are thinking 12 months...It was ~9 months before the shutdown.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs

I tried this method .... not the actual device shown here but comparable...

I recommend if you do use this method .. use a NEW oil can ... not a used one.

I think I read where the econocan license is only good for a single filter.

1 yr ? That's a denial as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    Has anyone purchased a suppressor for their handgun/fire arms? I have a sig sauer p229 and sig pro sp2022 that i ordered threaded and now im thinking about going through the process i spoke with pierce county chief and he agreed he would sing off on it so........starting the process on monday.. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the process, how long it took and how your dealings with ATF went.
    Pierce county chief is a woman. Town chief is a guy. Besides can't put a suppressor on my 357 revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I think I read where the econocan license is only good for a single filter.

1 yr ? That's a denial as far as I'm concerned.
    I got my paperwork and i might as well go for my FFL.

lol did you splatter yourself with oil?

Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    You might want to consider getting an NFA trust, there is a lawyer in Appleton that will do it for $300. It's the way to go for class III stuff.

As I understand it, another big benefit to the trust beyond the elimination of the LEO signature requirement (which I thought just got nixed by new BATFE rules...) is the ability to add trustees - say, children or other heirs - and not have to file new paperwork and pay the tax again.
    Last edited by JustaShooter; 11-22-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    I have never seen any advantage to getting an NFA trust, unless you can't get your Chief LEO to sign. In that one case it is indispensable. I do not live in WI and there can be local problems involved that I know nothing about. An NFA trust can present successor problems in some cases and some of them are just plain no good at all. Several people have had their NFA items declared contraband because of a poorly written NFA trust. I have been through the NFA process four times now and I have a current trust that I could have probably used for all four, but since my local Sheriff will sign for me on anything, I just did it the old fashioned way. The paperwork is not that bad, your dealer will do that for you and I don't think that you save any time with the trust. If you go to "subguns.com" and go to the NFA discussion forum there, you can find several discussions on this subject.Most of those guys really know their stuff.
    Why are you yelling? Seriously....
    For those of us actually in the industry, we are aware of multiple advantages and do not deal with hack attorneys, so there is zero danger of your doomsday scenario coming true.. Estate planning is just one of the advantages unless you LOVE the idea of the ATF taking possession of the NFA items instead of your family. You sound kind of ignorant in these matters as a quality trust eliminates successor problems.

How often have people's stuff been taken from them?

Also, I'm not sure you could have any larger text.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Relax guys, Gutshot has some vision impairment. He needs larger text and bold font to see what he's typing. He's not shouting or being adamant.

I thought all the regulars knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Relax guys, Gutshot has some vision impairment. He needs larger text and bold font to see what he's typing. He's not shouting or being adamant.

You know what happens when you assume things right? Most people stick in their own section and gutshot has only a few posts in the WI area. How would we know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post

It doesn't bother me at all, but I wonder why he doesn't zoom in so that not only his text but the text of other posters is enlarged? Hold CTRL and press + to zoom in, or CTRL and scroll wheel forward to zoom in, CTRL with - or CTRL with scrool wheel backward to zoom out... As far as I know, that works in current versions of all major browsers.
    NRA Life Member

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Prob the text goes off the screen. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    It doesn't bother me at all, but I wonder why he doesn't zoom in so that not only his text but the text of other posters is enlarged? Hold CTRL and press + to zoom in, or CTRL and scroll wheel forward to zoom in, CTRL with - or CTRL with scrool wheel backward to zoom out... As far as I know, that works in current versions of all major browsers.
    I don't understand why he doesn't just code himself a browser specially geared toward older people, if he is very ambitious he can design it so that the text grows with its proximity to the cursor.

Maybe because he grew up in a time of analog. Dinosaurs were analog, weren't they?

He found something that works and stuck with it. Why should he do something else to please the few people who seem to have a problem with it? Especially since, usually, yelling is typed with all caps, not with larger text.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I stand by my recommendation of using a trust. Find a reputable attorney and things will be just fine. A proper NFA trust takes care of the successor problems your estate WILL encounter without one. That is, unless you do not wish to pass on your NFA items to your estate in which case it is irrelevant. There are some areas of WI where LEOs are not NFA friendly and refuse to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I stand by my recommendation of using a trust. Find a reputable attorney and things will be just fine. A proper NFA trust takes care of the successor problems your estate WILL encounter without one. That is, unless you do not wish to pass on your NFA items to your estate in which case it is irrelevant. There are some areas of WI where LEOs are not NFA friendly and refuse to sign.
    And here is one of them for WI: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...A-trust-lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I don't understand why he doesn't just code himself a browser specially geared toward older people, if he is very ambitious he can design it so that the text grows with its proximity to the cursor.

Maybe because he grew up in a time of analog. Dinosaurs were analog, weren't they?

He found something that works and stuck with it. Why should he do something else to please the few people who seem to have a problem with it? Especially since, usually, yelling is typed with all caps, not with larger text.
    Wow, that's a bit over the top, no? I guess you missed that A: it doesn't bother me and B: it would benefit him to zoom all text instead of just enlarging the text of his own posts and C: I did not think he was yelling because I do understand the difference between all caps and larger text...
    NRA Life Member

Banned
    Wow, that's a bit over the top, no? I guess you missed that A: it doesn't bother me and B: it would benefit him to zoom all text instead of just enlarging the text of his own posts and C: I did not think he was yelling because I do understand the difference between all caps and larger text...
    why not suggest that he get a projector to throw a 200" screen in front of him ... lol

why not suggest that he get a projector to throw a 200" screen in front of him ... lol
    Because rather than throwing out an idiotic suggestion like yours I thought I'd offer one that could likely be done with what he already has in front of him.
    NRA Life Member

Sometimes.
    How many times? Rule 5

Banned
    Because rather than throwing out an idiotic suggestion like yours I thought I'd offer one that could likely be done with what he already has in front of him.
    OK ..... hardly idiotic ... you can get a projector for 100 bucks ... and toss up a 200" screen for pennies or just on a blank wall.

Really, before criticizing you should chk stuff out.

Some.
    So in other words, you have no idea but you believe it happens. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Yup!.. Tom Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    So in other words, you have no idea but you believe it happens. Got it.
    My guess is that it is an urban legend over on subguns.com..
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 11-23-2013 at 01:16 AM.

... I will do .....what I damned well please......
    Fair enough....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast