• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supressors

davidmcbeth

Banned
Because rather than throwing out an idiotic suggestion like yours I thought I'd offer one that could likely be done with what he already has in front of him.

OK ..... hardly idiotic ... you can get a projector for 100 bucks ... and toss up a 200" screen for pennies or just on a blank wall.

Really, before criticizing you should chk stuff out.

DrakeZ07

How is that a violation, or hindering, or any cause to link Rule 5:
(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority.

And why did you link an irreverent forum rule, to a statement of -personal- habits not involving Laws, or Authority/Judicial areas of conversation?

*Irreverent to the aforementioned quotations, that is.

Last edited:

protias

How is that a violation, or hindering, or any cause to link Rule 5:

And why did you link an irreverent forum rule, to a statement of -personal- habits not involving Laws, or Authority/Judicial areas of conversation?

*Irreverent to the aforementioned quotations, that is.

Umm, because he gave an assumption with no proof.

Interceptor_Knight

When this happens I don't have people call me nor do I keep a running account of those events. I do know it has happened. There are other serious potential problems with NFA trusts. They are established solely by BATF regulation, not by law. BATF can change those regulations at will, as they have done before on several other issues. They did this with drop in auto sears, full auto lowers on MX-42 uppers, the Atkins Accelorator and many other official ruling and regulations. Some of these rulings cost investors and individual owners millions of dollars. As a matter of fact the process to eliminate NFA trusts has already started and I suspect that NFA trusts will disappear soon. Public comment periods has been held on just such a change. It is unclear whether existing trusts will be grandfathered under any proposed ban on NFA trusts or if trustees of those trusts will have to obtain CLEO signage, if they can. Also unclear is what may happen in cases where they can't obtain sign offs. Since I went with CLEO sign offs, I don't have to worry about this possible problem. It is entirely possible that if this change occurs many trustees will be unable to obtain the newly required sign offs and those NFA item may be declared contraband and may be subject to forfeiture. You and anyone else can, of course, do as you please. I prefer to avoid such pitfalls in my life. You never have addressed other potential problems that exist. You mentioned leaving these weapons to your children. What happens if you die sooner that you expected and your children are minors at your death and then unable to possess the weapon or what happens if you child is convicted of a felony during their lives and became ineligible? Can I tell you how many times this has happened? Of course not, but if it happened to me just once it would be too many.
I am not certain whether your ignorance is deliberate regarding trusts or if you simply are easily influenced by the uninformed opinions of others. A trust is a legal entity independent of any BATFE policy or rules. The ATF may require "responsible persons" to be fingerprinted, photographed, blood and urine samples, CLEO signoff, etc but they have ZERO to do with the actual trust itself. Having a minor child as a beneficiary is not a problem. A trustee can be designated to retain trust property until they become of age. This is very basic stuff.
What happens if you die sooner that you expected and your children are minors at your death and then unable to possess the weapon or what happens if you child is convicted of a felony during their lives and became ineligible? Can I tell you how many times this has happened? Of course not, but if it happened to me just once it would be too many..
Would you expect to die more than once with a minor child listed as a beneficiary who is a felon? Has this already happened to you?
In the absence of a trust, your estate has exponentially more problems with the disposal of NFA items unless you have no intentions of passing your NFA items on after you croak.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

I only posted my experience on this subject ....My only intention was to inform others of some information on this subject.
I welcome any anecdotal evidence you may provide regarding an ACTUAL personal experience. You have provided none. Your experience ends at the fact that you chose to not utilize a trust. That is the only factual information you have actually informed us of on this subject. All other information has been unsubstantiated hearsay without even a cite to a single negative incident you suggest may occur.

Last edited:

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
I just got my trust through guntrustlawyer.com a few weeks ago. I got the cheap online version but will likely have him upgrade it when I have more money (I had to send off for two stamps right away...) so I can add/change/remove beniciaries at will, amongst other benefits to the 'personalized' one.

My CLEO will not sign off, so I have no other options.

BTW, the BATFE proposed rule to "close the trust loophole" is still open for comments until Dec 9. Please go to http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=ATF-2013-0001-0001 to let your thoughts be known.