• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry warns Madison transit over weapons ban on buses

Law abider

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/232856381.html

I don't know how the city attorney can even believe their prohibition of carry on buses is legal.

Just believe it protias. Anything goes these days. All the commie stories I have been hearing lately from all over America make me think of the CCCP phoenix is rising out of the ashes of the former CCCP. ya Vo komrade ve need to 'fight' against the Marxist cause.

chowda

Some mass transit lines are worse than others...but even in the liberal/progressive ran government funded town of madison....OK, I have nothing more to say is madison has always been a mixture of amusing and pathetic. Good to see that the liberal/progressives have "exhaustively" done something there. Too bad it's--as always--targeted the law abiding, normal, non criminals/illegals/minorities.

Their nutbaggedness aside, it'd be intersting to see how much efficiency there would be and monies saved if government would actually concentrate their energies on the very people causing so much damage to individuals.....like, ya know, real crime and junk and stuff.

chowda

That's good. Anyone know if the emergency rooms at st. mary's there has metal detectors and armed guards? Or any of the hospitals? Madison has desperately wanted to play big city, so just wondering if they've grown up that far yet or not.

protias

That's good. Anyone know if the emergency rooms at st. mary's there has metal detectors and armed guards? Or any of the hospitals? Madison has desperately wanted to play big city, so just wondering if they've grown up that far yet or not.

The hospitals in Milwaukee don't even have metal detectors, I doubt Madison has them.

chowda

I'da thunk at least some ERs in milwaukee would have them. Hm, guess I just needed to visit better class of ERs. :D

Like I've said, I have had different experiences from others, but the cop/security running the metal detector also has a wand, so they just wand the person in the chair. The only way to avoid this is when you enter being carried/carted and that's through another door. They had to do this because of the continuation of gunfights/paybacks.

http://www.policemag.com/blog/gangs/story/2008/07/gang-members-in-the-emergency-room.aspx