• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms demand action for gun sense in America.

Jordan6679

Also, if the moms themselves would smart up and carry arms themselves, that puts their kids and themselves in a much safer position. Chances are the mugger won't give a rip about her t-shirt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

"People are advocating for open carry because it gives a feeling of dominance, but there is zero scientific evidence that more guns or openly carrying reduces violence," said Kellye Bowman, the Texas spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense.

Freedom1Man

"People are advocating for open carry because it gives a feeling of dominance, but there is zero scientific evidence that more guns or openly carrying reduces violence," said Kellye Bowman, the Texas spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense.

My question would be to her, so a mugger is more likely to rob, 1. the person wearing the anti-gun shirt or 2. the person openly carrying a gun?

carolina guy

My question would be to her, so a mugger is more likely to rob, 1. the person wearing the anti-gun shirt or 2. the person openly carrying a gun?

And her answer would be one (or more) of the following:

1) Convince the mugger that he is wrong and should leave
2) pull out her police call whistle
3) assume that since the mugger is not allowed to have a gun, that she will be safe to just comply
4) scream and wet herself

WalkingWolf

And her answer would be one (or more) of the following:

1) Convince the mugger that he is wrong and should leave
2) pull out her police call whistle
3) assume that since the mugger is not allowed to have a gun, that she will be safe to just comply
4) scream and wet herself

OR as Illinois state police website suggested, "throw up on your attacker" :lol:

sudden valley gunner

What an idiot did she got it totally backward, people open carry not be dominated.

stealthyeliminator

What an idiot did she got it totally backward, people open carry not be dominated.

I agree... I think that most people that own and carry firearms do so as a result of a heightened sense of responsibility - responsibility for themselves and immediate family, if applicable. As far as open vs. concealed, well, that's for another thread, perhaps, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that open carries for the purpose of asserting dominance

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think 80% of open carriers carry to protect themselves from crazy mommies .... as is their god given right.
Silly remark in poor taste that under the circumstances of the thread to which it is posted would indicate that we have a real concern of lethal force from this group. That is ABSURD and an embarrassment to responsible posters here.

If tongue-in-cheek is intended, as I suspect, it nevertheless becomes extremely tiresome to see the same type of posting on thread, after thread, after thread, ad nauseum.

I will return to regularly editing/deleting such posts under the rules as provided.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Projection from a self-admitted fanatic of the use of state violence against those with whom she does not identify.

Amusing, but irrelevant.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Honestly, does anybody take any group whose name is a variant of the "mad moms" meme seriously anymore?

Whenever I hear "mad moms" this is what comes to mind...... and the image reflects their effective size too :lol:

stealthyeliminator

Silly remark in poor taste that under the circumstances of the thread to which it is posted would indicate that we have a real concern of lethal force from this group. That is ABSURD and an embarrassment to responsible posters here.

If tongue-in-cheek is intended, as I suspect, it nevertheless becomes extremely tiresome to see the same type of posting on thread, after thread, after thread, ad nauseum.

I will return to regularly editing/deleting such posts under the rules as provided.

Please cite the rule that a poster is in violation of by posting statements which the moderating staff personally finds to be in poor taste.

stealthyeliminator

Rule #2 is the source of such. Though not required, a reason for such an edit/deletion is generally given.

Quite a lolsical answer. This in fact does not make someone in violation of forum rules, it simply empowers you to utilize moderation tools without justification (to members). Don't get me wrong, pretty much every forum has (and in most cases should) have this in their rule set. But the point stands, it is not a violation of forum rules to say something that you personally don't like. If you want to edit and delete posts just because you personally don't like them, and if the administrators and owners don't care, go for it, but hell, at least be honest about it. Don't pretend that someone is actually in violation of forum rules when they are clearly not. Rule 2 empowers you to use the moderation tools provided you, but it does not empower you to arbitrarily modify or freely interpret the rules.

MKEgal

ygabugyg.jpg

"Twice as many children killed by gunshots than cancer."
Except that's not true.
Using the WISQARS database via the CDC,
from 2001 - 2010 for ages 1-17 there were 1062 total firearm injury deaths.
For the same period & age, there were 17,134 deaths from cancer.
So it's slightly over 16x as many, but in the other direction.
(If those links are being strange, here's the main page to get a fatal injury report table.)

Just for 2010, there were 98 firearm injury fatalities.
Combining those + suicide + homicide is still about 200 less than deaths from cancer.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If the "mad moms" would put as much effort into saving children with cancer or even with prolonging a high quality of life for them, they might really accomplish some good........"If it saves just one child" could take on a new meaning.

But first they will have to clean up their act and tell the truth, use honest facts, and learn to present them w/o threats, intimidation, or getting in peoples faces.

.............maybe that is asking too much of them.