• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in this meeting?

jskp229

To put this in perspective, I have a friend that is a lawyer. She specializes in elder & estate law. She has observed significant misunderstanding regarding firearms and the issues around passing them to heirs, especially with our recent law changes. There have apparently been some issues with people managing estates that didn't understand their obligations under the laws. The risk is as she puts it is that the executor could become an unintended felon.

She asked me a question about the community that I couldn't answer and I thought I would post it here for feedback. She was wondering if there would be interest in attending a free seminar / panel educational discussion regarding legal issues. There would be up to three lawyers (including her, a criminal defense & a personal injury) that would be discussing the challenges, risks and some proposed solutions. Obviously, they are looking for business, but the theme is intended to be educational first and visibility for them second.

My thoughts are how often do we get a chance to get anything free from a lawyer. When I first started carrying, several of us paid for an education from a lawyer knowledgeable on guns and carrying.

So, without yet knowing where on the front range this would be (I have already told her not Denver) and also knowing she is aware of OC (I carry around her almost every week in a business setting) would anyone be interested in a couple hour event some time in the future?

Please reply here with your thoughts. No flames are necessary if you are not interested. I'm just trying to help a friend and our community here.

Thanks for listening...