Thread: City of Liberty Lake

City of Liberty Lake

I have been working on getting the City of Liberty Lake to update their laws to come into compliance with state law for about 6 months tonight I recieved an email from Chief Brian Asmus stating that Liberty Lake has updated their ordnance to comply with state law at their last city council meeting. It is no longer unlawful to carry a firearm in city parks or on the Centennial trail under Liberty Lake laws.

We so often have negative interactions with our public officials I feel like I have to add a complement about Chief Asmus, he has been very responsive, very respectful and on top of my concerns. What a breath of fresh air he has been through out this process this is how a police chief should respond to a citizens concerns. My hat is off to Chief Asmus he is a rare public servant and has my support even though I do not live in Liberty Lake.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I have been working on getting the City of Liberty Lake to update their laws to come into compliance with state law for about 6 months tonight I recieved an email from Chief Brian Asmus stating that Liberty Lake has updated their ordnance to comply with state law at their last city council meeting. It is no longer unlawful to carry a firearm in city parks or on the Centennial trail under Liberty Lake laws.

We so often have negative interactions with our public officials I feel like I have to add a complement about Chief Asmus, he has been very responsive, very respectful and on top of my concerns. What a breath of fresh air he has been through out this process this is how a police chief should respond to a citizens concerns. My hat is off to Chief Asmus he is a rare public servant and has my support even though I do not live in Liberty Lake.
    It actually never was unlawful, as the Washington Pre-Emption statute has already repealed the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    It actually never was unlawful, as the Washington Pre-Emption statute has already repealed the law.
    Right you are, that is why I said under Liberty Lake laws.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Great job! Patriot.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Nice work jeff, your diligence has paid off.

A True Citizen of the Land. Good work mate, Citizenship has always been a Verb.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Bravo Zulu, Jeff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bravo-zulu.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	10988  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Right you are, that is why I said under Liberty Lake laws.
    Technically even under Liberty Lake laws it wasn't unlawful either, since the state law repealed it.

But getting them to change the signs and their files is a good accomplishment, since it keeps confusion down.
    Last edited by Difdi; 11-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Technically even under Liberty Lake laws it wasn't unlawful either, since the state law repealed it.

But getting them to change the signs and their files is a good accomplishment, since it keeps confusion down.
    You are correct, all this does is keep someone from going to jail and court unnecessarily and prevents the potential abuse even if the Cop knew better, the law was never valid.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 11-22-2013 at 05:31 PM.