• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incorrect conlcusions noted in anti piece . even ffl's can be duped into selling out

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/11/how-a-gun-dealer-sees-it.html?mobify=0

Having people in a skyscraper murdered at random in the middle of the day, or blown out of the air in a big plane, is one of those unacceptable risks; another is having kids in a kindergarten massacred.

I think that the founding fathers knew that these type of events would happen but still wrote in the 2nd amendment ... better to bear some bad things happening than to have a gov't we cannot control or be protected against or able to have the tools to change.

Black_water

The problem here is that we have removed "personal responsibility" from the equation and we always go to the lowest common denominator.

Now, when a lunatic does something, our course of action is to remove all sharp items from everyone rather than just dealing with the lunatic.

I don't think the founders necessarily knew of these types of events, they did however disagree with the concept that everyone's rights must be abridged because one person does something stupid.

These events are used for control, period. Government doesn't care one bit about your dead child.