Thread: told by pasco web developer...i sound like a pro-gun crazy person

told by pasco web developer...i sound like a pro-gun crazy person

sent a query to a pasco Wa web development business called DigitalAugment for a quote to add a mail response page to my existing firearm education business website.

i received this one sentence response back:

quote I'm not too keen on this guy. Sounds like a pro-gun crazy person.

mr xyz unquote

needless to say...my money will be given to another business w/o this bias...
    Last edited by solus; 11-23-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added state
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Suppose Pasco washington state? Would think on the eastern side of the cascades they'd be a little more conservative - but I guess you are talking about web developers. Ours tried to live in Austin about 20 years ago but it hadn't gotten quite liberal enough yet.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I do web development.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

I should be able to own a full auto SBR without having to pay the government = I'm a crazy right wing gun nut.
    I think marijuana should be legalized and all federal authority removed from it = I'm a crazy liberal hippy.

You can't escape the opinions of others. Just don't be defined by them.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    I should be able to own a full auto SBR without having to pay the government = I'm a crazy right wing gun nut.
    I think marijuana should be legalized and all federal authority removed from it = I'm a crazy liberal hippy.

What? A crazy American ! lol

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

+1 I like how extreme statist label liberty lovers extremist.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Well, on that point at least you're factually correct. The feds don't have any authority over marijuana in a state that legalizes it. The feds have exactly the same supremacy now in 2013 that they had a hundred years ago in 1913 and they had to pass the 18th amendment to prohibit alcohol. The 18th was wholly repealed by the 21st. They stretched the 21st amendment wording to get the authority to prohibit marijuana (from 'intoxicating liquor' to 'intoxicating substances'), but that only works for them so long as all 50 states completely prohibit marijuana (or any other drug).

The 21st amendment makes it very clear where the authority to prohibit intoxicants lies. As if the 9th and 10th amendments didn't.
    Last edited by Difdi; 11-26-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Well, on that point at least you're factually correct. The feds don't have any authority over marijuana in a state that legalizes it. The feds have exactly the same supremacy now in 2013 that they had a hundred years ago in 1913 and they had to pass the 18th amendment to prohibit alcohol. The 18th was wholly repealed by the 21st. They stretched the 21st amendment wording to get the authority to prohibit marijuana (from 'intoxicating liquor' to 'intoxicating substances'), but that only works for them so long as all 50 states completely prohibit marijuana (or any other drug).

The 21st amendment makes it very clear where the authority to prohibit intoxicants lies. As if the 9th and 10th amendments didn't.
    Yet they continue to raid as if they have authority....of course that is our local agencies who are involved in that contrary to their state law.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I think both of these 2 positions are conservative in nature - neither are the Fed's business under the Constitution and if your state is okay w the second fine w me.

Using labels for conservative positions is prejudiced - but labels if properly defined are helpful shorthand - I think that is why politicuans attempt to redefine labels - to blur the issue so they can fool the uninformed. Like all the RINOs saying they are conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I think both of these 2 positions are conservative in nature - neither are the Fed's business under the Constitution and if your state is okay w the second fine w me.

Using labels for conservative positions is prejudiced - but labels if properly defined are helpful shorthand - I think that is why politicuans attempt to redefine labels - to blur the issue so they can fool the uninformed. Like all the RINOs saying they are conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both are technically liberal in nature.

Conservative politically is keeping the status quo.

The liberals hijacked a good term rooted in more freedom not less.

I'm reletively new to the term "statist" but I find that it covers the vast majority of both the right and the left. Any time you have to appeal to the government to have your personal views enforced as law you are a statist. You don't even have to agree with someone but at least recognize their right to hold their opinion or their choice so long as it doesn't interfere with the liberty of another.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

I'm reletively new to the term "statist" but I find that it covers the vast majority of both the right and the left. Any time you have to appeal to the government to have your personal views enforced as law you are a statist. You don't even have to agree with someone but at least recognize their right to hold their opinion or their choice so long as it doesn't interfere with the liberty of another.

Modern academia have put things upon the word that isn't there. It was pretty much put into use on the rise of the "nation" state of the US after Lincoln, to describe those who put the state above individual liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sent a query to a pasco Wa web development business called DigitalAugment for a quote to add a mail response page to my existing firearm education business website.

i received this one sentence response back:

quote I'm not too keen on this guy. Sounds like a pro-gun crazy person.

mr xyz unquote

needless to say...my money will be given to another business w/o this bias...
    I wouldn't trust an "IT guy" who doesn't know the difference between 'reply' and 'forward'.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The liberals hijacked a good term rooted in more freedom not less.
    Most Liberals in the US wouldn't be called Liberals anywhere else. In some countries they'd even qualify as Conservatives. The main difference between Liberals in the US and Liberals elsewhere is the US variant wants things to be fair, while the Liberals elsewhere mostly want to be free. You can't make things completely fair without removing both the incentive to succeed and the possibility of failure.

Letting people fail is a good thing.

Our language has been corrupted by the powers that be. The political spectrum that we discuss might better have the extremes progressive and anti-progressive.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Everybody knows what a liberal is. You vote for someone who will work to infringe upon our rights and you are a liberal. Ironic = liberals who vote for liberals, and at the same time claim to support the 2A.