Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Provressives lament, World may leave America behind, Hillary warns.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162

    The Progressives lament, World may leave America behind, Hillary warns.

    "We have to get back to good old fashioned compromise and we have to make those decisions that reassure America's leadership at home and abroad." My emphasis.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ericanize.html

    How is exceptionalism compromised but by sinking to the lowest common denominator. Compromise is failure on the instalment plan, particularly with an intractable opponent like monolithic ignorance.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-23-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: correct misspelling in title
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Black_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    On The Border in AZ
    Posts
    152
    Typical. Government creates the situation then proposes the solution.

    Compromise? That means giving the liberals what they want, 100%.

    It is a matter of time before we are not the reserve currency...liberals wanted to knock us down and all the idiots that voted for them helped.

    Reap what you sew, sew what you reap.

  3. #3
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    Typical. Government creates the situation then proposes the solution.

    Compromise? That means giving the liberals what they want, 100%.

    It is a matter of time before we are not the reserve currency...liberals wanted to knock us down and all the idiots that voted for them helped.

    Reap what you sew, sew what you reap.
    we have the largest single economy in the world, no one else's GDP comes close, no one's will for a very long time. the dollar will be the reserve currency for the forseeable future.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    Typical. Government creates the situation then proposes the solution.

    Compromise? That means giving the liberals what they want, 100%.

    It is a matter of time before we are not the reserve currency...liberals wanted to knock us down and all the idiots that voted for them helped.

    Reap what you sew, sew what you reap.
    Reap what you sow.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...p+what+you+sow
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    we have the largest single economy in the world, no one else's GDP comes close, no one's will for a very long time. the dollar will be the reserve currency for the forseeable future.
    GDP isn't the be all to end all of economic measures especially when you realize what U.S. does and accounts for GDP.

    The OP is absolutely correct in his assessment.

    To ad to the others ancient but true sayings I will ad "Pride goes before destruction a haughty spirit before a fall" hubris will not save the U.S.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    Self-serving Limbaugh led the way conflating capitalism with conservatism. Capitalism is an economic system that even the progressives communists are adopting.

    To be sure, conflate is intentional and purposeful confuse.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Self-serving Limbaugh led the way conflating capitalism with conservatism. Capitalism is an economic system that even the progressives communists are adopting.

    To be sure, conflate is intentional and purposeful confuse.
    I recently realized that when reading Bastiat, he pointed out the flaws of Smith's capitalism and how socialist easily hijack it under that theory of capital.

    Economic Harmonies great read.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I recently realized that when reading Bastiat, he pointed out the flaws of Smith's capitalism and how socialist easily hijack it under that theory of capital. Economic Harmonies great read.
    Read the history of the dialectic, it is a deeply flawed syllogism, even a failure.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Op...oms_of_Marxism.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    GDP isn't the be all to end all of economic measures especially when you realize what U.S. does and accounts for GDP.

    The OP is absolutely correct in his assessment.

    To ad to the others ancient but true sayings I will ad "Pride goes before destruction a haughty spirit before a fall" hubris will not save the U.S.
    No the OP is a religious pseudo libertarian who wants the United States to fail to validate his own beliefs, the dollar will remain the reserve currency, there is nothing to indicate otherwise. There's not enough Swiss francs or pound sterling or Chinese yuan to cover assets owned by various foreign interests. Measuring chinas GDP in a manner most favorable to china, they barely have half of ours. This is the same fear tactic that's been used for thirty years, for thirty years the end of the us economy was a year or two away, it hasn't happened and barring a catsclysmic event like an asteroid strike it won't.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    (ad hominem),(unsubsantiated supposition). (ignorance of what money is) . (unsupported statement reiterating what was said earlier) (more strawman/red herring and false insinuation).
    I would debate anything of substance you posted in your retort.....couldn't find any.


    For those who are actually interested in economics and how it works GDP does not matter as much as people think it does, especially when they falsify it by including government spending in the figures, government produces nothing. The physical amount of precious metal, has little to do with how money works. Money is simply a medium of exchange, exchange of what? Services. When I buy a t.v. I am not paying for the the physical T.V. I am paying for the various services that went into it, the dollars I pay with have non value it represents my services in which other people paid me with their services. When government inflates our dollar and engages in it's policy it has for the last several decades, it is devaluing our services and making it harder to exchange for the services of others. China and other countries are realizing this even if they don't understand the fundamentals. The U.S. is running out of bubbles, it is devaluing the service we can offer other countries which means it makes it harder for the services we can get in return.

    Just because the camels back hasn't broken with the straw that has been continually piled on does not mean they can continue to pile on the straw and it will never break.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 11-24-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    I doubt China misunderstands the fundamentals - as the vast bulk of US do, regulators and citizens.

    The US achieved greatness as a producer. As a service and speculation-investment economy we are losing, and will lose completely. The bracero is the honest value maker (I cut onion and garlic and made half the world's prunes one year).
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-24-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I doubt China misunderstands the fundamentals - as the vast bulk of US do, regulators and citizens.

    The US achieved greatness as a producer. As a service and speculation-investment economy we are losing, and will lose completely. The bracero is the honest value maker (I cut onion and garlic and made half the world's prunes one year).
    You are right I was trying to hedge my statement a bit, not knowing the current theory of economics the Chinese government holds to. Yet even if it is a bad communistic or Keynesian like theory, I am wagering you are correct.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •