• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fun night out with the los angeles county sheriffs department

WalkingWolf

I guess it takes a former cop to support and laugh at police abuse and violating a citizens constitutional right.

Where in the constitution does it say anything about shining a light? That is just silly, I wonder who that dufus was in the video.

onus

Where in the constitution does it say anything about shining a light? That is just silly, I wonder who that dufus was in the video.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Shinning a high powered light at a camera at night renders the camera unable to process an image. This prevents documentation of events.

Prior Restraint is a long established legal precedent in America.

One of the fundamental rights guaranteed by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is the freedom from prior restraint. Derived from English Common Law, the rule against prior restraint prohibits government from banning expression of ideas prior to their publication. The rule against prior restraint is based on the principle that Freedom of the Press is essential to a free society. Attempts by government to obtain a prior restraint have largely been unsuccessful.

The rule against prior restraint was undisputed for much of U.S. history. The landmark case of near v. minnesota, 283 U.S. 697, 51 S. Ct. 625, 75 L. Ed. 1357 (1931), finally settled the issue, with the U.S. Supreme Court finding that the First Amendment imposed a heavy presumption against the validity of a prior restraint.

I'm sorry you hate the Bill of Rights and I'm sorry you think government officials are above the law and transparency but its illegal for police to abridge the right of the press.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Shinning a high powered light at a camera at night renders the camera unable to process an image. This prevents documentation of events.

Prior Restraint is a long established legal precedent in America.

I'm sorry you hate the Bill of Rights and I'm sorry you think government officials are above the law and transparency but its illegal for police to abridge the right of the press.

There is nothing there in the above that says anything about shining a light, whispering, playing loud music to cover voices. As long as the gov does not arrest you, they can use any means to hinder you, whether intentional or not. BTW the thread has nothing to do with OC.

Is it you in the video or some other dufus?

The dufus had every legal right to video tape the light,:lol:

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
There is nothing there in the above that says anything about shining a light, whispering, playing loud music to cover voices. As long as the gov does not arrest you, they can use any means to hinder you, whether intentional or not. BTW the thread has nothing to do with OC.

Is it you in the video or some other dufus?

The dufus had every legal right to video tape the light,:lol:

So, congress could meet and play loud must into to gallery or talk low? Don't frustrate our rights Mr. Guberment man.

Should be in the social lounge though.

WalkingWolf

So, congress could meet and play loud must into to gallery or talk low? Don't frustrate our rights Mr. Guberment man.

Should be in the social lounge though.

Yes congress can if they want, and they do whisper when they confer in the isle. You really make me laugh with silly assertions. Suppose you want to watch them take a dump too?

WalkingWolf

Think about what you just wrote.

I have thought about it, they can have private meetings, they can go to the bathroom without you, they can have a private conversation with loved ones. Because they hinder some nosy punk does not mean they are blocking your rights. There is nothing absolutely nothing in the constitution about the use of spot lights. Or sirens, or music, or dark sunglasses. The dufus had every right to film, they did not stop him from filming. And just for your information, shining a light on a unknown subject at a stop is the wise thing to do for officer safety. It is very difficult for some dufus to shoot a officer while blinded by a light.

Your silly little tantrums over non OC issues are just that SILLY. I ask again was that you on the video, or just some other dufus?

onus

Thank you for taking the time to watch the video. If you have any questions or complaints about the video please feel free to file a written complaint with myself or my partner.

I assure you that we take all allegations seriously and we investigate them thoroughly.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yes congress can if they want, and they do whisper when they confer in the isle. You really make me laugh with silly assertions. Suppose you want to watch them take a dump too?

No congress cannot behave in such a manner ... what are they whispering~if they don't have the floor I think that's OK...but when they are presenting facts and making argument WE have right to know?

They cannot meet in secret....using such methods to frustrate our ability to observe and understand the happenings IS a violation of the open meetings act/FOIA and our common law rights.

You're on the wrong side of the ball on this one Wolf...

I just won a FOIA case and one of their arguments was that I could see but not hear the meeting .... THAT did not win the day for my opponent.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

No congress cannot behave in such a manner ... what are they whispering~if they don't have the floor I think that's OK...but when they are presenting facts and making argument WE have right to know?

They cannot meet in secret....using such methods to frustrate our ability to observe and understand the happenings IS a violation of the open meetings act/FOIA and our common law rights.

You're on the wrong side of the ball on this one Wolf...

I just won a FOIA case and one of their arguments was that I could see but not hear the meeting .... THAT did not win the day for my opponent.

You have no idea why they are whispering, you do not need to know about their family, what they had for breakfast, bad or good news from a doctors visit. It is none of your business. And when they take the floor :lol: I mean really are you not aware of why they take the floor. Duhhhhhhhhh :uhoh:

Shining the spotlight on anyone stalking them is a legit safety tactic, nothing in that act has stopped the dufus from recording. The police are not marionettes that should dance at the whim of some dufus. As long as they do not assault, or arrest, or place hands on the stalker they are within their rights. If they spray him with a firehose or pepper spray him then get back to me. Other than that this is really silly, I am sure REAL journalists would laugh their posterior off at his immaturity.

The boy needs help from a professional, I leave you with one of his famous high pitched lines. "Don't talk to me, Don't F-ing talk to me"

C-3 there is no relevance to RKBA or OC in this thread.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You have no idea why they are whispering, you do not need to know about their family, what they had for breakfast, bad or good news from a doctors visit. It is none of your business. And when they take the floor :lol: I mean really are you not aware of why they take the floor. Duhhhhhhhhh :uhoh:

I think you are making arguments not relevant to the point. Talking about them conducting the business of the state .. not if they are comparing their primary sexual organs.

WalkingWolf

I think you are making arguments not relevant to the point. Talking about them conducting the business of the state .. not if they are comparing their primary sexual organs.
So they are supposed to explain to YOU before they have a private discussion. I think most sane people would laugh in your face. Private conversations are private and you should not know them, it is none of your business. And you can't know what they are discussing if it is private, even a child can grasp the concept.

davidmcbeth

Banned
So they are supposed to explain to YOU before they have a private discussion. I think most sane people would laugh in your face. Private conversations are private and you should not know them, it is none of your business. And you can't know what they are discussing if it is private, even a child can grasp the concept.

They cannot have a private conversation conducting gov't business ... its the whole point of FOIA.

Shake your head and get it back in gear wolf...you are off today.

countryclubjoe

HEY WW

While Onus may not be the most savvy among us, I believe you need give him some credit for having super brass balls. While you personally may never find yourself in a non consensual encounter with a LEO, possibly a member of your family or a loved one may not be so lucky.
Having a fellow OCDO member like ONUS video tapping the encounter could be a bonus, an possibly save a loved ones life.

My .02

Best regards

CCJ